It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URRPP!! Brain-Fart!! Terrorism issue out of control!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I was a supporter for the fight on terrorism when we went to Afghanistan, and when we decided to finally remove Saddam. But, damn, i think we need to start being careful here. I can see a huge can of worms opening around the world due to this war on terrorism. This country supports this, this country supports that. This religion has this view, this religion has that view. Some are happy about western intervention, and some are not. Some support this country and some support that country. This country supports terrorism this country doesn't.
.......I think you can see my point.........

Do middle eastern countries really know what the heck they want???? Seems like there are way to many views that interfere with the ability to keep order and peace in that region. Last week Lebanon protested for removal of Syrian troups, this week they are holding pro-syrian demonstrations.......Somtimes it almost seems hopless.

For christ sake - none of us hear can even agree what the heck is best for this war or for the middles east in that matter.

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
To put it in the simplest form - there are 2 kinds of people in the middle east:
1- Those that think that strapping a bomb-belt on a 17 year old and having him blow himself up in a bus with 7-13 year-old school children is a freedom fighter.
2- Those that think the above is a terrorist.

Those that support Syria (Generally fundamental Sunis and the Shiites - e.g. Palestinians, Hezbullah) are number 1 above. Christians, most Druze, some Sunis are number 2 above.

Middle east made simple!

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I agree that views on terrorists themselves seem to be as simple as stated.

However i think where the 'war on terrorism' comes into play it has become quite complicated. New issues seem to keep arising. With each new issue, a different country is either effected or brought into the spotlight. Views are changed, or created. The world is just so split on the issue of terrorism that with each country effected different views and issues are brought forth. Its kind of a world war on the political views side.

Now I support a war to remove terrorist supporting regimes and I think the Allied forces are completely capable of succeeding. However we have to be careful on how far we go with "THE WAR ON TERRORISM" in general as the entire world is envolved politically by views of the Allies and the war. As a concerned US citizen, im just worried about opening a can of worms. We need more world support if we are to succeed in the path we seem to be taking.

Carburetor

join