It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is colloidal silver a poison ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This is a very imprtant question to me. Please let me know of any evidence
it is sold over the counter for consumption. thanks for your help.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It can be in the wrong doses.....

link   
I'm sure as with any "drug" you could over do it and have some kind of adverse reaction, like become permanently blue in color. Many claim that this will help treat any disease caused by any organism or virus if you use it right. It does sound promising but it is very important that you use the right potency in the right dosage for it to be effective. I personally have never used it but if you go ahead and try it, I would love to hear of your expierence with it. Of course, be careful and check with your doctor first before you try any of this.

link   
i read itis amazing for your whole body and system... that said...... wat if it is a loada rubbish ? maybe someone here has tried it for a good while and can tell us. id say silver in ur water is good but im no scientist. u can get gold too, or platinum, and u can make it urself with some device and electrodes... go on google and research it if u havnt.

[edit on 023131p://05032 by info_junkee]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I use Collodial Silver and have used it for about 2 yrs now. I also give it to my 2 yr old son. He has had only 2 ear infections and 1 cold. If you know kids you will know how amazing that is considering they are walking germs.
If you use a true colloid then you run no risk of turning blue.
Don't be surprised if your doctor has not heard of it or does not recommend it as it is not and never will be under the jurisdiction of the FDA. That's because it is a noble metal or mineral and the FDA does not have a say over it.
I totally recommend this to try. Once I had to take my dog to the vet because she had ring worm on her right thigh. The vet gave me a 3 month prescription for her and said it would take that long to kill the parasite. I decided instead to treat her with silver. My husband and I shaved her leg and applied the silver via a cotton ball twice a day. In 2 weeks she was ring worm free which was confirmed by the vet as I took her back to be tested. The vet was really amazed and asked where I bought the silver.
I can provide links to any info you may want on this. As always research whatever it is you ingest. But I can say first hand that this mineral has more benefits than I can name

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
so is anybody here makin this stuff for themselves? caus its expensive to buy...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I just buy the silver. There are different ways to make it. The cheapest way is through a generator and silver stripes that are electromagnetically charged. The problem with this type of silver which is ionic silver is that the particles are too small and sink to the bottom of the bottle. After a time the stuff is pretty useless and loses the benefits.
A true colloid which has larger silver particles have an infinite shelf life because the silver actually stay suspended which is what it is supposed to do. But you do pay more for it.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I found this link.....

www.quackwatch.org...

...I had a friend who sweared by it...he said that it was like a purifier and that it removed toxins..he also said the first time he took it he felt as though he got a fever and that he was going to die (expressively, that is).

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
www.silver-colloids.com...
The link above will help you compare and understand the differences between silver products.
I am really tickled that someone started a thread on this because I have been itching to get word out how great this mineral is.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Just watch out for argyria

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
www.doctorajadams.com...
Ok sorry. Here is the link I wanted. This describes the benefits and how silver was once used commonly to treat a garden variety of illnesses. Once antibiotics came on the market however, silver was pushed aside.
happy reading

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

dam! u lot see those fotos by aceofbase? ppl turnin silver! ......

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If your making it, it can be created wrong. But buying it is safe, unless it is a grey color, it should look golden honey, beer color.

www.elixsilver.com...

You can buy the book at any book store, or READ a free copy THE LIBRARY.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

a true silver as I stated before will not turn you blue. Silver filters out through the kidneys after 3 days and does not build up in the system. As I said before I have taken this product for 2 almost 2 1/2 yrs, I am not blue. If you take the correct dosage as with any medication or herb or mineral you will not turn blue.

However, if you do turn blue it's permanent and good luck to ya!
Just kidding. It is rare to turn blue and as will anything use caution just as you would medication.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
According to quackwatch ( www.quackwatch.org... ), colloidal silver has no benefits and lots of risks.

Now I amnot a professional health provider, but two of the guys in my band are. Both studied under Andrew Weil at the University of Arizona school, and as people who are familiar with alternative health know, Weil is one of the best known proponents of wholistic medicine, as are my two friends. Weil and the two band guys are also physicians (MDs) so they ought to have some knowledge.

My wife is an avid herb collector, knows her desert botanicals, and is pretty well read in natural drug preparation and use (she's also an RN with 30 years' experience).

These are the three people I rely on for all my medical knowledge, and they all say that colloidal silver is, for all practical purposes, worthless.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

...I had a friend who sweared by it...he said that it was like a purifier and that it removed toxins..he also said the first time he took it he felt as though he got a fever and that he was going to die (expressively, that is).

That happened to me as well. It warns you that that can happen as the body goes through a "detox" period after about 3 days of use. I felt like crap and like I had the flu, but after that I felt clean is the best way to describe it. Now I barely catch anything that goes around. Mind you it doesn't prevent you from becoming ill, it will however kill the virus in record time.
Imagine if this Avian Flu does mutate and become a pandemic. I have a BIG ole bottle of silver.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

These are the three people I rely on for all my medical knowledge, and they all say that colloidal silver is, for all practical purposes, worthless.

You are entitled to your opinion however limited a scope it may be. A whole 3 people is not the embodiment of an entire picture.

What Health Professionals Say About Silver and Colloidal Silver

"What we have actually done was rediscover the fact that silver kills bacteria, which had been known for centuries… when antibiotics were discovered, clinical uses for silver as an antibiotic were discarded" concludes Dr. Robert O. Becker, M.D. Extensive research into the curative properties of silver has been conducted for many years at the Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y. under the direction of above mentioned Dr. Becker. The experiments conclude that silver works on a wide range of bacteria, without any known side-effects or damage to the cells of the body. Silver was doing something more than killing disease-causing organisms. It was also causing major growth stimulation of injured tissues. Dr. Becker concludes that the presence of the silver ion may help to regenerate tissue, and help eliminate any other diseased or abnormal condition.

Dr. Henry Crooks (Use of Colloids in Health-Disease) found that silver in the colloidal state is highly germicidal, quite harmless to humans and absolutely non-toxic. From his bacteriological experiments with silver he concluded, "I know of no microbe that is not killed in laboratory experiments in six minutes."

Dr. Bjorn Nordenstrom, of the Larolinska Institute, Sweden, has successfully used silver as a component in his cancer treatments for many years.

Dr. Leonard Keene Hirschberg, A. M., M. D. (John Hopkins) states, "Speaking generally, the colloidal metals are especially remarkable for their beneficial action in infective states."

Dr. Richard L. Davies, executive director of the Silver Institute, which monitors silver technology in 37 countries, reports: "In four years we've described 87 important new medical uses for silver. We're just beginning to see to what extent silver can relieve suffering."

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
According to Dr. M.Paul Farber in his book, "The Micro Silver Bullet"
A modern day properly prepared colloidal silver product should be .001 microns in diameter with a concentration of 3-15 ppm. These particles are animated by what is known as brownian movement and are enabled to remain in suspension in a liquid medium almost indefinitely. The diameter of the capillary lumen is 4-9 microns, therefore the body has no problem in excreting the silver particles.
I have thoroughly researched this subject, and have made my own CS, carefully measuring silver particles ppm to avoid any side effect.
According to extensive research it has proven to be effective against a number of viuses. Why not use it for avian flu?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynomor
According to extensive research it has proven to be effective against a number of viuses.

Quote from the FDA below:

The FDA has issued a Final Rule declaring that all over- the-counter (OTC) drug products containing colloidal silver or silver salts are not recognized as safe and effective and are misbranded.

The Final rule classifies colloidal silver products as misbranded because adequate directions cannot be written so that the general public can use these drugs safely for their intended purposes. They are also misbranded when their labeling falsely suggests that there is substantial scientific evidence to establish that the drugs are safe and effective for their intended uses.

FDA Ruling

top topics

join