It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Thunberg named TIME’s 2019 ‘Person of the Year’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Well global warming is a heavy debate and nothing like a mayan calendar prophecy or the y2k scare. And yes the earth will be here for a long time regardless of pollution. That doesn't mean we shouldn't do what we can to make a cleanier earth...

Let me guess.. you don't think we should get rid of single-use plastic (like bags or straws)?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: DBCowboy

And what are the anti-global warming people doing about the environment? I get that there's alot of arguments opposing global warming but at least greta is trying to do something about what she believes to be true.

Do any anti global warming people advocate doing anything for the environment?

No. Nor should we. It's unproven and doesn't pose a threat to us. Greta can do whatever she wants, as can you, just stop trying to drag us down with you.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

So who do you trust without spending countless hours researching global warming?

If you want my honest opinion, trust no one.

Live your life, enjoy your family, have some fun.

The planet has been here for billions of years. We're only here a few decades. Nothing we say or do will have any impact a billion years from now.

Put things in perspective.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: neo96

So it's wrong to call people who continuously defend the actions of white supremacists Nazis, but it's fine to equivocate a little girl with Asperger's that cares about the environment with genocidal dictators?

Who cares if she has Aspergers. She has healthcare for that. You're only using that to try to make people feel bad, just like you do with her age. Nobody defends white supremacists. If not for democrats' obsession of them, they would still be irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox
a reply to: Kurokage

Personally i have seen a number of different but value persons that would have being better choices for TIMEs person of the year award Greta Thunberg was not that choice.

Your Greta Thunberg has being demanding actions on the climate issue from the wrong countries, why hasnt she demanded action from the biggest carbon polluters like China, India? unless of course Greta handlers are getting some nice paychecks from those states.

Greta Thunberg has being used by the same side that is always targeting Europeans but never the biggest carbon polluters? why?

And also if Greta Thunberg really cares about climate change why are her buddies using private airliners to get to the climate summits?

Remember that Green friendly yacht she was riding to New York? that yacht costed half a million dollar? do you honestly think and believe that a normal sane person would actually have that kind of money for a Green Friendly Climate Friendly yacht?

And as a result of these green targets they are achieving energy poverty. Maybe that is the desired outcome, third world status for all.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Personally i have seen a number of different but value persons that would have being better choices for TIMEs person of the year award Greta Thunberg was not that choice.

Thats your opinion, write and publish your own magazine and award your person of the year, it should make you less frightened by a teenage girl.

Your Greta Thunberg

How is she my girl??
A young person cares about the future of the planet and I applaud her for that, if all these climate deniers and far-right nuts hadn't made such a big deal of it and got so frightened of a child she probably would be all over the MSM.
You're all here moaning and belittling a teenage child.
Why isn't she this or that, why are her buddies this or that. "Green" Yachts are costly.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
To be honest, why would I care? She read a script, and the media fawned for her. Of course she got it. Time magazine only does a person of the year because they get free publicity out of it.

It could be editor's mother for all I care. I'm not gonna buy/read a Time magazine ever anyway.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

16 year old brainwashed swedish girls are the ones that don't have a clue

But thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

If you feel all fuzzy trying to prove how the climate is a "perpetual motion machine" it just proves how crazy wrong you are, but atleast you knew how the seasons all fitted together. Who's a good boy then? You are and stop eating your crayon.

edit on 11-12-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

We can't even fund our schools well enough to make it so teachers don't have to spend their own money on basic supplies for their students. And you want to arm and train teachers AND hire a security force for every school in the nation?

The sad thing is that with how Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos has been using her position to enrich her family, I wouldn't be surprised if such a provision went through using Academi as the trainers and security guards.

In terms of climate change, whether or not mankind has an impact is it such a bad thing to want to clean up our environment? I thought the previous generation wanted to leave a better world for the next. And yet anytime the youth speak about not wanting to have toxic waste spilling into the water supply they're shouted down by the Me Generation, sorry I mean Boomers, because it will impact their bottom line.

The "Greed is Good," mentality of the 80s ruined this country. But the people responsible for that have found it easier to blame those that will be stuck with their mistakes.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

originally posted by: neo96

16 year old brainwashed swedish girls are the ones that don't have a clue

But thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

If you feel all fuzzy trying to prove how the climate is a "perpetual motion machine" it just proves how crazy wrong you are, but atleast you knew how the seasons all fitted together. Who's a good boy then? You are and stop eating your crayon.

Take that troll and move on to someone else.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

And people are comparing her to Hitler and Stalin because they actually think she wants to eradicate millions of people?

And if you think people on this site don't defend white supremacists you may need to open your eyes a little more. Just look at any thread about the tragedy that occurred in Charlottesville or ones that point out terror attacks committed by members of Atomwaffen or the Base.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

A troll calling troll because he doesn't know what a perpetual motion machine is?!? Hahahahaha.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Using children as your spokesperson to push an agenda is the very definition of a puppet

So you'll call out Trump for literally hiring children to sing his praises during the 2016 campaign, and then failing to pay them?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The bar has dropped quite low for person of the year.

It's our society, just say what lots of people want to hear and it is great.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Great point. She doesn't "spread" her message to the biggest offenders of their mythical AGW. They get a pass because they don't take bullying well.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
So has Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Nikita Khrushchev, Ayatollah Khomeini and Osama bin Laden.

And Trumpy? oooh. He had to fake it... Sad

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Do any anti global warming people advocate doing anything for the environment?

Yes, we should force China and India to participate because that is where the real problem is.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Well global warming is a heavy debate and nothing like a mayan calendar prophecy or the y2k scare. And yes the earth will be here for a long time regardless of pollution. That doesn't mean we shouldn't do what we can to make a cleanier earth...

Let me guess.. you don't think we should get rid of single-use plastic (like bags or straws)?

There's no such thing as AGW. The Earth has been going through climate changes for 4.5 billion years. If the charts are correct, we're at the peak of warming and are about to start the downhill ride on this weather rollercoaster, right into cooler temps. Then what are Greta and her believers gonna say? Do you think they'll try to take credit even though nothing has been done?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

When someone from another supremacist group shows up to start trouble and triggers someone from the other supremacist group who then gets in his car and plows through the other crowd, admitting that the other crowd initiated the trouble doesn't mean you're defending supremacists. You people love to bring up Charlottesville but never ever bring up the softball shooting where a triggered democrat showed up and shot at republicans. I care as much for white supremacists as I do fascist supremacists. Both are better off eradicated in my opinion.

And don't try to tell me that antifa is anti-fascist. That's as stupid as me telling you that white supremacists are anti-white.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
trump must be livid. He has a fake Time with his pic hanging in this resorts.

www.theguardian.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join