It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Thunberg named TIME’s 2019 ‘Person of the Year’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Well, she wasn't my first pick (that goes to 'The Whistleblower') but she's still a very good choice so good on the TIME's for their selection!

It would be hard to put the 'whistleblowers' face on Time Magazine..... the brave soul won't show their face.

Well, that's just not being creative. You could have put a blacked out silhouette on the cover and it would have worked fine I think.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

By siding with polticans imposing polices "Green related" does carbon tax come to mind?

Sure does.

Gore got rich off it while making bank off of slave labor in China. The worlds largest polluter.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I’d like to thank all you right wingers who felt so threatened by a teenage girl that you couldn’t stop talking about her.

Thanks to you, she’s Time Magazines person of the year.

That's rich. Laughing at her for falling into the global warming trap is different than the way your ilk acted when Sandmann watched as an indian tried to make him angry. Y'all wanted to "punch his face", like that wouldn't break all those little limp wrists or something.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Kurokage
That makes her a NEOCON.

I think you got that wrong, it should read climate denier!

Someone does.
The climate is a perpetual motion engine.
No one denys that.

If your trying to insult me. Do better.

I don't need to insult you, you can do that on your own without my input.
Please point me to your grand theory that the climate is a perpetual motion machine.

Perpetual motion is motion of bodies that continues indefinitely. A perpetual motion machine is a hypothetical machine that can do work indefinitely without an energy source.

Energy source is the key word here...….
edit on 11-12-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Your side meanwhile uses children for potical poly such as.
Using Children to push gun control polices and bans, while screaming how we need to protect our children bad evil guns.

Using Children to push green polices like Carbon tax and radical damaging farm polices. While screaming if we dont save the earth now we wont have a future.

If that is not fear mongering i don't know what is.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

My side, your laughable.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

O ok.. well .. not sure what the big deal is here then..

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Ugh...enough with all this attention.

Sounds like someone is jealous, good for her, flame me all you want but as an old fart, the future is her generation and my son's. If they want to be kind to the planet so be it. Greta has had no negative effect on my life, could you explain how she has negatively effected yours?

Greta and 15 of her Green Gang are suing five of the "biggest carbon polluters" in the world—Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany, and Turkey—for violating their rights as children by failing to adequately reduce emissions. As well she and another gang of teen activists are sueing Canada backed by the David Suzuki Foundation.

I think this has crossed the line of being" kind to the planet" into mass hysteria:

Albert Lalonde, 17, said young Canadians can't dream, pursue a career or think about raising children in the face of a deteriorating climate.

"I am forced to be here because my conscience won't let me do anything else but fight every single day of my life, and I'm not alone. I am joined in this fight by the millions of young people around the world demanding climate justice," he told a cheering crowd Friday.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Please point me to your grand theory that the climate is a perpetual motion machine.

Not a theory .personal observation of 50 years.

Spring,summer,fall,winter. AKA seasons. AKA Climate change.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Look how clever you are, you know the seasons and what order they even go in. Do you want a gold star?
And how is that a perpetual motion machine, I gave you a hint. You obviously don't have clue.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Did you say the same thing about the 16 year old who wore the MAGA hat and was threatened and attacked on Twitter and other social media? All he did is watch an indian play music in his face.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Because there's no possible way people that go to school every day actually care about being shot in a school shooting. And it's inconceivable that the people that are going to inherit the planet don't want to inherit a dead world.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Personally i have seen a number of different but value persons that would have being better choices for TIMEs person of the year award Greta Thunberg was not that choice.

Your Greta Thunberg has being demanding actions on the climate issue from the wrong countries, why hasnt she demanded action from the biggest carbon polluters like China, India? unless of course Greta handlers are getting some nice paychecks from those states.

Greta Thunberg has being used by the same side that is always targeting Europeans but never the biggest carbon polluters? why?

And also if Greta Thunberg really cares about climate change why are her buddies using private airliners to get to the climate summits?

Remember that Green friendly yacht she was riding to New York? that yacht costed half a million dollar? do you honestly think and believe that a normal sane person would actually have that kind of money for a Green Friendly Climate Friendly yacht?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

16 year old brainwashed swedish girls are the ones that don't have a clue

But thanks for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Naw...we throw a hissy fit when ADULTS exploit a young 16 year old girl, with Asperger's syndrome, as a political pawn.

edit on 12/11/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
TIME magazine, stealing that poor girls childhood. She should just be at home in school living a normal kids life. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIME magazine robbed her of that.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

no possible way people that go to school every day actually care about being shot in a school shooting.

You can always arm the teachers, train more police guards to protect schools from potential shootings,banning guns has zero effects.

it's inconceivable that the people that are going to inherit the planet don't want to inherit a dead world.

The earth is not going to be dead nor in 18 months from now nor now in our life time, this nonsense is no different from the 2012 and Y2K nonsense.
edit on 11-12-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well when it comes to politicians it's possible that some are anti-global warming because they are in the pocket of oil and gas companies.

It's also possible that some actually somewhat understand the scientific arguments and believe it isn't true.

People claim that the globalists and other PTB be are pushing a fake global warming crisis. However, on the opposing side, it can easily be said that companies are putting money into anti-global warming campaign.

So who do you trust without spending countless hours researching global warming?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
So many right-leaning American members on here go on about their rights and freedoms, but when a young girl uses similar rights and freedom to highlight what she sees as destruction of the environment and damage to the climate, these same members all throw hissy fits and seem frightened and threatened by this young girl.

Nobody is threatened. That's a myth used by democrats because they're professionals at projecting their own feelings onto everyone else.

This girl is free to fight climate change all she wants. Nobody has taken that away or told her she's not allowed to do so. But when you start telling everyone else that they need to take actions to stop something someone else believes in and isn't proven, that's when people have a problem.

There's data that points to a GSM next year. I've done a lot of research on it and I've seen more proof of that than I have the warming trend that's ending. This is all part of Earth's natural cycle. Stop trying to pull us into y'alls money pit.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: neo96

So it's wrong to call people who continuously defend the actions of white supremacists Nazis, but it's fine to equivocate a little girl with Asperger's that cares about the environment with genocidal dictators?

I've never seen someone defend a nazi openly on ATS maybe passively to make a point. Everyone is a nazi to progressives.

Using children as your spokesperson to push an agenda is the very definition of a puppet but I agree to not be vile or hateful to her.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join