It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Thunberg named TIME’s 2019 ‘Person of the Year’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
To those saying that Greta is doing this all on her own: no she's not. It's obvious that she is being used for an agenda by the media and those around her who have given her a shot in the spotlight. No 16 year old gets the opportunities she has without a lot of people helping her to get there.

It's obvious that she is a pawn (either willingly or unwillingly) in the climate change debate being used to divide us. She is the (younger) yin to the average climate deniers (older) yang. It's to polarize the debate so that no common ground can be found.

She says and does things that polarize both sides of the debate, as designed. She checks all of the boxes off for the "generational warfare" diatribe those in power are pushing. Maybe she had good intentions to begin with, I don't know, but it has backtracks painfully obvious that those supposed original intentions have been hijacked and radicalized.
edit on 12/12/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Gothmog

Greta Thunberg named TIME’s 2019 ‘Person of the Year’

Adolf Hitler was named Time's Person of the Year in 1938
Joseph Stalin was named Time's Person of the Year twice, in 1939 and 1942
Nikita Khrushchev was named Time's Person of the Year in 1957
Lyndon B. Johnson was named Time's Person of the Year in 1967
The Ayatollah Khomeini was named Time's Person of the Year in 1979
Saddam Hussein was named Time's Person of the year in 1990
George W. Bush was named Time's Person of the Year twice , 2000 and 2004

So , why not Greta ?

seems you forgot Trump... it really means squat that award huh ...

I means so little there's a thread on it

I only notated the evil ones.
Make your own list.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

To those saying that Greta is doing this all on her own: no she's not. It's obvious that she is being used for an agenda by the media and those around her who have given her a shot in the spotlight. No 16 year old gets the opportunities she has without a lot of people helping her to get there.

Got any evidence to back up your beliefs? Because you find it hard to believe that a child can do this, does not mean they can't! All I see here is a bunch of men who are jealous, that's all! And they make up BS to justify that!

It's obvious that she is a pawn (either willingly or unwillingly) in the climate change debate being used to divide us. She is the (younger) yin to the average climate deniers (older) yang. It's to polarize the debate so that no common ground can be found.

Absolute rubbish! Any evidence she is a pawn? Listening to you fanatics, she is a pawn, mentally retarded, the antichrist, working for the elite, the most evil person in the world, doing it all for money, is an actress etc etc

All this because people are jealous of a child achieving something they could never achieve!

She says and does things that polarize both sides of the debate, as designed. She checks all of the boxes off for the "generational warfare" diatribe those in power are pushing. Maybe she had good intentions to begin with, I don't know, but it has backtracks painfully obvious that those supposed original intentions have been hijacked and radicalized.

It's funny because on this board, what do most of the haters have in common? They are Trump fanatics! Pretty much look at trump as their mini God, and what he says goes. Even though the guy is a complete and utter idiot, he knows how to get people on his side, but they are normally the fanatics we see on this board.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
My boss couldn’t have been happier about this. It’s frustrating to have to loudly hear her political opinions while not being allowed to share mine for fear of losing my work.

a reply to: shawmanfromny

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Ugh...enough with all this attention.

Said another unperson of the decade. Right. Well. I don't think authoring threads on this little obsession of yours is how you'd get less attention. This isn't how that works, salty old fart.

Streisand-Cookie?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

So she's the one who put herself on TIME magazine? Did she twist the arms of the editors for that to happen? Is she the one who invited herself to the world climate summit as the main guest? Is she the one who forced her way onto the media stage?

Tell me how she did all that by herself. Because from where i'm standing she had a LOT of help in getting where she is.

By the way, check my posting history before you assume I'm some kind of Trump fanatic or climate denier.
edit on 12/13/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

So she's the one who put herself on TIME magazine? Did she twist the arms of the editors for that to happen? Is she the one who invited herself to the world climate summit as the main guest? Is she the one who forced her way onto the media stage?

It's not rocket science! She has thrown herself into this, and she is a child. How many children do you see doing this? And this is the problem, people like you think a child cannot do this, which is absolute rubbish!

Tell me how she did all that by herself. Because from where i'm standing she had a LOT of help in getting where she is.

Silly question! How does anyone get where they end up? Seriously, think about it!

And after reading your post, still no evidence to back up what you are saying!

By the way, check my posting history before you assume I'm some kind of Trump fanatic or climate denier.

Well clearly on this board, you are one of the few!

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

A child does not get thrown in the cover of TIME magazine by themselves. Unless she owns TIME magazine and writes the paychecks of its editors, she did not get where she is on her own. She had a ton of help from the media and others behind the scenes.

You think Greta is the only kid talking about climate change? No, she's just the one the media decided to latch onto.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

This is how it started - just her, on her own

Her choice

Thunberg first became known for her activism in August 2018 when, at age 15, she began spending her school days outside the Swedish parliament to call for stronger action on global warming by holding up a sign saying (in Swedish) "School strike for the climate". Soon, other students engaged in similar protests in their own communities. Together, they organised a school climate strike movement under the name Fridays for Future.

It's easy to be cynical. Every once in a while someone catches fire in the public's imagination. For good - or for ill

She's not a saint, or a prophet - but she is the obvious face a of movement. Just the avatar. She is the first to say exactly that. This is not about her

Not that any of that will change your mind

:-)
edit on 12/13/2019 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

A child does not get thrown in the cover of TIME magazine by themselves. Unless she owns TIME magazine and writes the paychecks of its editors, she did not get where she is on her own. She had a ton of help from the media and others behind the scenes.

You think Greta is the only kid talking about climate change? No, she's just the one the media decided to latch onto.

Hm. This may be the first time we agree on something.

Its as was discussed in other threads. Why are people from Soros backed organizations part of her entourage..

I still say Boyan Slat is far more deserving of praise for coming up with an actual solution to a problem.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Is this isn't about her, then take her face off of it

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: canuckster

It isn't about her - it's about what she's trying to achieve. Time recognized that she's become the face of an enormous movement - which is only going to get bigger

This is the biggest story on the planet. I'm surprised you can't see it

Does this bother you?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

She had a ton of help from the media and others behind the scenes.

... not to forget all those threads from rightwingers on ATS. We're all just dwarfs on the shoulders of giants in the end.

Thanks for the help, I guess?

First time the Time made an actual person actually person of the year. The green dealer wordplay is on your tap tho.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Has all the plastic in her car been mentioned?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
youtu.be...

I hope this ends well for Greta.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well it was environmentalist that told us to use plastic in the first place.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'll bet Greta loves all the free publicity coming from the right wing press, on their knees screaming rrreeeeeeeeeeeee.

I don't know about global warming but here in the mile high rockies it's 60 degrees, only manmade snow on the slopes but the fishing should be spectacular on the San Juan.
edit on 13-12-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
So condescending did they even consider whether or not she even identifies as a person?

Neanderthals.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: LSU2018

We live in a goldfish bowl , it's time we stopped crapping in it.

Ummmm. . . . where do you propose we crap?

The streets of San Francisco seem to be OK with liberals and climate champions.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Do you think that she should be held to a higher standard than everyone else on the planet?

I believe we need to change our ways - and I use plastic. It's hard to avoid

We all use roads covered in asphalt, walk on concrete, look through glass. Resources that are both positives and negatives. We buy things that come in plastic, fuel our cars with fossil fuels, heat our homes, waste water, pollute water...

What I don't get is why all the ugly sneering. She really has people triggered - wouldn't you say?

edit on 12/13/2019 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join