It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Thunberg named TIME’s 2019 ‘Person of the Year’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

But it really doesn't matter. Society shouldn't go after kids, whether it be Sandman, or Greta. We probably shouldn't hoist them to a level that creates an environment where they fall either.

And then your sig reads....

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when creating them" -Einstein

am I mistaken or is there a smattering of irony there?

"let those kids boogie woogie"......John Lee Hooker

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Xtrozero

Not to mention There is a few days a year Time is relevant again... And then alas, you never see someone carrying a magazine, you don't see any Time articles sourced by other articles, or even on ATS, and you literally don't even hear people speak of it.

They had two options.

Go with Trump, because he's clearly made the most news of anyone the past year. Do that, and people would flip out not realizing that nuance and think they were praising him, and they're done.

Go with Greta and virtue signal. Has she really made an impact on the world? Other than triggering a few, and having a cult praise a kid, no, no she hasn't.

I also heard a rumor there is basically one person who picks who goes on the cover, a higher up at Time. So in today's entertainment media climate, they probably just go with whatever they think will sell more copies... Too meal mouthed to risk creating a real conversation.

Everything these days is all about virtue signalling... period

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Perhaps it time for more kids like Greta to take the helm. They are going to anyway as the geezers die off. Deal with it!

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I see your point.

I'm not saying we should bar kids from doing great things... But do we want them to be a political football? I don't think the latter is helping them or society.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I don't see that he needed to be heralded as some kind of hero here either but there you go.
At least Greta has done something. She has an actual cause.
Other than being obstinate.

Not my monkey, not my circus, to either of them.

I just don't see how each side is willing to hoist one up and vilify another.

I'll give you that she is actually trying to do something, but that doesn't mean the the other was bad.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHHAAAAA!!!

This is the funniest damn thing I've ever seen....

I've got to hand it to Trump though... he knows who his supporters are and their level of intelligence. Talk about stupid...

Y'all feel better now?

edit on 12-12-2019 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Lol, did y'all see that ratio??

500 likes to 1.6 dislikes and they left the comments section ON 😂😂

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It's hilarious how jealous Trump got because of this. And now he has started a twitter war with a 6 year old. Pretty pathetic of him

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: Wardaddy454

but it was the greatest magazine 3 years ago

lol I'd honestly think it an insult to wind up on there. Probably one of the few things I disagree with Trump about.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: Jay-morris

Its crazy. They think she is a puppet with a team of handlers and of course George Soros because he's the right's boogeyman and every "leftist" movement worldwide is him😅😅😅. Talk about needing a reality check.

Speaking of a reality check....

So Greta has accomplished all of this by herself?

Yeah, it's hard for people like you to believe a child could achieve this all by themselves! So, conspiracies and BS are made up, just so people can sleep at night and think they are not total failures!

Has she done more than anyone to influence the events of the year?

I don't think so.

Does she deserve all the abuse by trump fanatics? No! She is a child trying go make a difference. How many children have made the impact regarding this?

I guess it's because she is the antichrist lol Just a bunch of jealous folks, that's all. Why else would they be going over the top?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Its crazy. They think she is a puppet with a team of handlers and of course George Soros because he's the right's boogeyman and every "leftist" movement worldwide is him😅😅😅. Talk about needing a reality check.

Yeah, it's hard for people like you to believe a child could achieve this all by themselves! So, conspiracies and BS are made up, just so people can sleep at night and think they are not total failures!

I don't think so.

Does she deserve all the abuse by trump fanatics? No! She is a child trying go make a difference. How many children have made the impact regarding this?

I guess it's because she is the antichrist lol Just a bunch of jealous folks, that's all. Why else would they be going over the top?

I've commented that people shouldn't be trying to tear her down just because they disagree with her politics. Tearing down any child for what they believe doesn't instill anything positive. We should be encouraging kids to reach for the stars.

That said, I don't think he media is helping her. They prop her up purely because it annoys the right. By Time's person of the year's own perimeters, she shouldn't have been in the running. I think that's pretty evident.

I don't mind that she is trying to do what she thinks is right for the climate, I see no harm in it. But I do see harm in turning her into a political football, or the spokesperson for something that is a little above the understanding for a 16 year old.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

But I do see harm in turning her into a political football, or the spokesperson for something that is a little above the understanding for a 16 year old.

trumps constant jealousy inspired tweets about Greta is making it a political football. Who's fault is that...very sad

thehill.com...

www.forbes.com...

edit on 12-12-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

But I do see harm in turning her into a political football, or the spokesperson for something that is a little above the understanding for a 16 year old.

trumps constant jealousy inspired tweets about Greta is making it a political football. Who's fault is that...very sad.

thehill.com...

www.forbes.com...

He's a child for being triggered by a kid...

But if we're being honest, the fact she gets to him is why so many hoist her up (maybe that's my opinion more than being honest, but it's the way it seems).

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I don't think so.

I've commented that people shouldn't be trying to tear her down just because they disagree with her politics. Tearing down any child for what they believe doesn't instill anything positive. We should be encouraging kids to reach for the stars.

That said, I don't think he media is helping her. They prop her up purely because it annoys the right. By Time's person of the year's own perimeters, she shouldn't have been in the running. I think that's pretty evident.

I don't mind that she is trying to do what she thinks is right for the climate, I see no harm in it. But I do see harm in turning her into a political football, or the spokesperson for something that is a little above the understanding for a 16 year old.

She believes in it, she is the reason other children have opened their eyes to it. The media has always been dogsh#t, so yes you are right, they do not really care. They only care about selling papers.

But grown adults abusing her like they are, it's disgusting and they should be ashamed of themselves abusing a child like that

It's damn right creepy, and most of it is coming from trump fanatics!

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
She has the perfect face for a smug liberal environmental alarmist.

I crack up when ever she talks....

I should be back at school....that's freaking hilarious...

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Perhaps it time for more kids like Greta to take the helm. They are going to anyway as the geezers die off. Deal with it!

The total absence of perspective in that comment makes the brain ache. You may as well argue that kids are going to go to high school anyway, so why not just jump them right to Freshman year and eliminate the 8 years of schooling prior to that? The reason intelligent, well reasoned people don't hand the keys to the kingdom over to children is because, with age and experience, come wisdom. That's basically the only way to reach that point... these kids don't have wisdom, they parrot ideas, regurgitate what their teachers (or in Greta's case, handlers, as the child has scarcely attended school) have told them, and approach all of this viewing it through the simplistic, naive, irrationality of youth and inexperience.

Yeah, eventually the youngest generation will take the helm... when they've matured to the point where they've earned it and can prove they won't foolishly screw everything they've been handed up. Until the geezers die off, the geezers are in charge... the Gretas of the world need to deal with that or they'll find themselves totally outside of the picture when the eventual helm handoff occurs.

Anyone willing to allow children to make decisions that significantly impact them has clearly not been a parent or spent significant time around people under the age of 25.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
She has the perfect face for a smug liberal environmental alarmist.

I think she looks like Jon Gruden, coach of the Raiders.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
What age could she emancipate herself in her country?
edit on 12-12-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well Trump is a #ing clown so

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

CHUCKY!!!!! Hahahaha. That is fantastic....

This girl fooled her parents into getting a few years out of school and fooled the rest to let her travel the world.....even made her mom quit her job. I think she would make a great politician in California...
edit on Decpm31pmf0000002019-12-12T19:18:00-06:000700 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join