It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Thunberg named TIME’s 2019 ‘Person of the Year’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Ugh...enough with all this attention.

The political "pawn," who is being manipulated by her parents and climate extremists to become the "angry" face of climate change, has just made the 2019 TIME's "Person of the Year."

Yep, the same person who was called a "brat" by Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro on Tuesday, after Greta Thunberg tweeted that indigenous people were murdered while trying to protect the Amazon from deforestation.

Gee, I wonder how much money Greta's parents are making from their daughter's fame and notoriety? Seems like their PR stunt has been quite successful...well done!

edit on 12/11/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
and they want to know why nobody buys their magazine any more.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
In other news, water is still wet. Anyone that's been paying attention knew this was happening. Just another example of the DNC's media outlets pushing an agenda for them.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

This is rich... almost as absurd as Obama receiving the Nobel Peace Price while his administration was responsible for all of that violence and killing in the Middle East and Africa...

PS Hitler and Stalin were also named Time's Person of the Year once upon a time... as was Rudy Giuliani who the left love to demonize now.
edit on 11-12-2019 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
At least shes in good company.

With the likes of Hitler and Stalin.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Does it really surprise any of you.

The 'Star' has more crediblility than the rag-TIME.

SMH

link   
Good for her.
She will get her 15 minutes of fame.

Unfortunately it's a perfect example of lowered standards.

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Sounds like someone is jealous, good for her, flame me all you want but as an old fart, the future is her generation and my son's. If they want to be kind to the planet so be it. Greta has had no negative effect on my life, could you explain how she has negatively effected yours?

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I’d like to thank all you right wingers who felt so threatened by a teenage girl that you couldn’t stop talking about her.

Thanks to you, she’s Time Magazines person of the year.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Of Course she is .... Nothing But Coincidence - Until you realize coincidences don't exist lol

Heres looking at you

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Time has been in a death spiral since 2009.

I guess that’s good for Greta. Their carbon footprint has declined with their circulation.
edit on 11-12-2019 by PilSungMtnMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I got Greta on Snapchat.

She said stop carrying so much water cause it's bad for the environment.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Apparently they give out “Person of the Year” awards at Time the same way the give out Nobel Peace Prizes.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Apparently they give out “Person of the Year” awards at Time the same way the give out Nobel Peace Prizes.

Or Fisa warrants.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
So has Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Nikita Khrushchev, Ayatollah Khomeini and Osama bin Laden.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well, she wasn't my first pick (that goes to 'The Whistleblower') but she's still a very good choice so good on the TIME's for their selection!

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

The political "pawn," who is being manipulated by her parents and climate extremists to become the "angry" face of climate change, has just made the 2019 TIME's "Person of the Year."

Yep, the same person who was called a "brat" by Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro on Tuesday, after Greta Thunberg tweeted that indigenous people were murdered while trying to protect the Amazon from deforestation.

Gee, I wonder how much money Greta's parents are making from their daughter's fame and notoriety? Seems like their PR stunt has been quite successful...well done!

You should sent er a hate message, like your comrades did. maybe it makes you feel better. Do you have children? Attacking kids is so embarrassing.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Wait.

Your first choice is an Obama era CIA hack?

Why am I not surprised.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Fair point, but how many on tge right would love to give Trump a noble peace prize or feature him on time? Political bias swings both ways.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

She's a tool, a pawn.

A media creation designed to elicit sympathy for an authoritarian system of government using climate change as an excuse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join