It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanctuary cities, are they above the law?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Exactly as I thought, disgusting.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I was told, when in rome do as the romans do. So yeah id turn in the jew if i was living in germany in ww2. Cant change a law if you are dead or in prison.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I was told, when in rome do as the romans do. So yeah id turn in the jew if i was living in germany in ww2. Cant change a law if you are dead or in prison.

I'm actually very sorry to hear that

And to have to hear that

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I'm actually very sorry to hear that

And to have to hear that

Im not. The law is the law. Without laws we have anarchy. I would also turn in a nazi to the hague because it was the law.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Im not. The law is the law. Without laws we have anarchy. I would also turn in a nazi to the hague because it was the law.

Is that law abiding - or just cowardly?
edit on 12/11/2019 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Would you give sanctuary to Nazis if they sought it?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

a reply to: network dude

so you are good with ignoring laws that you feel aren't fair?

Would you hand over a Jew to the Nazis?

Did you just compare deporting an illegal to putting a Jew in a gas chamber? That is a disgusting comment.

Is it disgusting? How is that?

Trivializing a horrific event like the Holocaust and saying it is no different than deporting someone back to their home is disgusting. It would be like telling someone who had their child murdered its no big deal, its just like when my child had a runny nose once. It would take a truly horrific human being to make the comparison you are making and thinking they are the same. Or a Nazi.

Hmmmm... but, my dear - your analogy is meaningless

Human rights first

You're splitting hairs and feigning outrage because you want to pretend that no human rights violations have occurred on our soil

It's you that trivializes the holocaust with this nonsense - not me

What about the rights of the American families effected by the deaths of a family member killed by an illegal? Since the beginning of man there’s been borders and walls to help protect people’s rights and keep out those that want to encroach on those rights. Is that not what most would consider a human right in today’s times, to live in some form of peace?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Are you going to chicken out?

Answer my question and I'll answer yours - and it will be honest

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Apparently you have chickened out.

Answering my question might give you some much needed insight into why you asked yours.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Im sure there isnt a difference to you right?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Did you just compare deporting an illegal to putting a Jew in a gas chamber? That is a disgusting comment.

Trivializing a horrific event like the Holocaust and saying it is no different than deporting someone back to their home is disgusting. It would be like telling someone who had their child murdered its no big deal, its just like when my child had a runny nose once. It would take a truly horrific human being to make the comparison you are making and thinking they are the same. Or a Nazi.

Human rights first

You're splitting hairs and feigning outrage because you want to pretend that no human rights violations have occurred on our soil

What about the rights of the American families effected by the deaths of a family member killed by an illegal? Since the beginning of man there’s been borders and walls to help protect people’s rights and keep out those that want to encroach on those rights. Is that not what most would consider a human right in today’s times, to live in some form of peace?

If someone is here illegally, and they kill someone - how is that different for the family than losing their loved one to a murderer that's a citizen?

Are you saying the murder is worse because it was committed by someone here without papers?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Im sure there isnt a difference to you right?

To me there's a glaring difference between handing over a Jew to the Nazis and handing over a war criminal to the Hague

You're the one that seems to think they're the same thing

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Apparently you have chickened out.

Answering my question might give you some much needed insight into why you asked yours.

I don't need your special kind of spinelessness to help me DC - I'm good with my reasoning

It's you that's avoiding the question. At least be honest about that without having to dress it up

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

So you return to emotional insults because you are a coward.

I didn't figure anything better.

Too bad, you had an opportunity to be less small.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So you return to emotional insults because you are a coward.

I didn't figure anything better.

Too bad, you had an opportunity to be less small.

You're so obvious DC

So, don't answer the question. I know it puts you in a bad spot

ETA: that was the very definition of spinelessness

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You have no leg to stand on since you refuse to answer mine.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You have no leg to stand on since you refuse to answer mine.

I asked you a legitimate question - first

But, have it your way

Night then

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

So what?

This isn’t grade school, you’re being juvenile

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I must vehemently disagree. Vemently, I say. (and I warn you, I'm dangerously close to slipping into Foghorn Leghorn mode, so watch your step.
)

Stupid doesn't have a shelf life; it has a half-life. It takes much longer than it used to for the influences of the widening waves to stop affecting things and people; those little nexus points of big things happening, and sometimes they are stupid, stupid things. Now we have the internet to boost the waves. We have become a global probability cloud of completely eclectic information. Humanity with few filters.

Back to your original idea..... From what I have been able to find out researching various countries of the world -- there really isn't any country that is ambiguous about border control. It is a must virtually everywhere. There are usually written rules and forms which describe the conditions in which a person may enter that country. Most countries require pre-approval. You can't just show up anymore, oh HALE no. You cannot legally force yourself into any country, either by guile or by strength.

The rules that regulate the entry of any nation, must be honoured, until such time that an amendment to the rules are proposed and accepted.

One must be SUPER-leery of Constitutional Amendments which seek to regulate freedoms. Those old boys who sat around Mahogany tables and ironed out the Constitution were almost dieties of their time. I think they were looking far ahead, or as far as they were collectively able.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Human rights first

If someone is here illegally, and they kill someone - how is that different for the family than losing their loved one to a murderer that's a citizen?

Are you saying the murder is worse because it was committed by someone here without papers?

I’m saying their deaths could have been prevented. Instead they were taken out by somebody here illegally. You do know what illegal means, yes? You are also aware that we have laws that were enacted out of purpose, yes? Should we not follow our laws or just not follow the laws you feel we shouldn’t?

edit on 11-12-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join