It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanctuary cities, are they above the law?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: network dude

I would not, but I would be painfully aware of the law I was breaking, and when I was next to a Jewish father in a concentration camp for breaking the law, I would know exactly why I was there.

Then you understand my position

Except I wouldn't agonize even the tiniest bit about breaking the law

Progress. Now, do you understand the irony in the OP, or are you ignoring that?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

LOL, my comfort level is good. Chicken soup on the stove and a cold beer in my hand. Life is good. But as I said, I can admit to understanding when laws are broken, and also admit that it's wrong to break them, instead of change them. And I sure won't be railing on and on about how important it is to follow the law, when I'm breaking them. I have more sense than that.

Then why the need to deflect attention from your non-position by pretending something that isn't true?

Enjoy your soup dude - you law abiding paragon of right wing virtue signalling

:-)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

so you are good with ignoring laws that you feel aren't fair?

Would you hand over a Jew to the Nazis?

Did you just compare deporting an illegal to putting a Jew in a gas chamber? That is a disgusting comment.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I would not, but I would be painfully aware of the law I was breaking, and when I was next to a Jewish father in a concentration camp for breaking the law, I would know exactly why I was there.

Then you understand my position

Except I wouldn't agonize even the tiniest bit about breaking the law

Progress. Now, do you understand the irony in the OP, or are you ignoring that?

There's no irony in your OP. There's just you pissed off because we've got the bastard dead to rights

Night then Network

edit on 12/11/2019 by Spiramirabilis because: r...

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Did you just compare deporting an illegal to putting a Jew in a gas chamber? That is a disgusting comment.

Is it disgusting? How is that?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Trivializing a horrific event like the Holocaust and saying it is no different than deporting someone back to their home is disgusting. It would be like telling someone who had their child murdered its no big deal, its just like when my child had a runny nose once. It would take a truly horrific human being to make the comparison you are making and thinking they are the same. Or a Nazi.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Trivializing a horrific event like the Holocaust and saying it is no different than deporting someone back to their home is disgusting. It would be like telling someone who had their child murdered its no big deal, its just like when my child had a runny nose once. It would take a truly horrific human being to make the comparison you are making and thinking they are the same. Or a Nazi.

Hmmmm... but, my dear - your analogy is meaningless

Human rights first

You're splitting hairs and feigning outrage because you want to pretend that no human rights violations have occurred on our soil

It's you that trivializes the holocaust with this nonsense - not me

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Hmmmm... but, my dear - your analogy is meaningless

Human rights first

There is a human right to not be thrown into a gas chamber because you were born a Jew.
There is no human right to live in America because you want to.

Your posts continue to make you even more disgusting, comparing those two things as if they are the same.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

There's a mindset that actually thinks that ICE agents or anyone that supports borders are Nazi's.

It's small thinking.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There's a mindset that actually thinks that ICE agents or anyone that supports borders are Nazi's.

It's small thinking.

Spiramirabilis has flat out said there is no difference between sending someone home and killing Jews. It's truly horrifying.

Along with all laws should be followed .. as long as they agree with them, and living in America as an economic migrant is a human right.
edit on 11-12-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Openly supporting the release of rapists and murderers so they can continue to rape and murder innocent children and innocent American citizens

As long as they’re ‘brown’ and have as long as they have snuck into the country illegally

What a wonderful people these leftists are.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

It's small thinking.

The border argument is lame - you think that having laws will prevent refugees? There's going to be nothing but refugees from here on out. How we address the problem will be determined by what kind of people we want to be

Better laws and a change in attitude are the only way forward

As for those people who actually do break the law - I'm all about due process. Due process doesn't mean rounding them up and putting them in prison camps because you don't want to handle it the right way. Because you're lazy or cheap - or just callous

So, not Nazis. But there is a trend. Just following orders - and unreasonable laws

I'm comfortable with my position

No guts no glory Cowboy. It's small thinking to claim I called someone a Nazi - and then not have the guts to say it to my face

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I think, in a way, the OP's question has been answered.

Some people are above the law.

The law is not equally applied.

Our justice system is "multi-tiered", based on emotional justifications and irrational beliefs.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It's small thinking.

The border argument is lame - you think that having laws will prevent refugees? There's going to be nothing but refugees from here on out. How we address the problem will be determined by what kind of people we want to be

As for those people who actually do break the law - I'm all about due process. Due process doesn't mean rounding them up and putting them in prison camps because you don't want to handle it the right way. Because you're lazy or cheap - or just callous

So, not Nazis. But there is a trend. Just following orders - and unreasonable laws

No guts no glory Cowboy. It's small thinking to claim I called someone a Nazi - and then not have the guts to say it to my face

You called people who don't think like you, "Nazi".

just to clarify.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Economic migrants =/= refugees

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

It's small thinking.

You called people who don't think like you, "Nazi".

just to clarify.

I asked Networkdude if he would turn a Jew in to the Nazis - if he was all about following the law. Just to clarify

But I can see why, when you have no argument - you needed to go there :-)

How about you DC? Would you hand over a Jew to the Nazis? If so - what is your reasoning?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Convince me. In what way is sending an economic migrant back to their country the same as sending a Jew to a gas chamber?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Yes - exactly. That's one explanation. There's others, and some of them dovetail

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Yes - exactly. That's one explanation. There's others, and some of them dovetail

No, that is the majority explanation. The main group sheltered by sanctuary cities.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I'm not going to try and convince you. Sometimes we need to come to our own conclusions. I know how I feel about this

There's plenty of statistics out there, and so many stories it's almost overwhelming. I've posted a lot of it here at ATS already in other threads

But, no - I'm not here to proselytize, or try to sell you on my beliefs. I entered this thread because networkdude was babbling on about what I suppose he thought was hypocrisy

You can kinda tell he was struggling to come up with something - until he settled on sanctuary cities

I believe in the right of people - and cities - to challenge the law when the law is unjust

You simply don't see it the way I do. You think the law is sacred

Refugees from here on out Occam: lack of resources, natural disasters, war, famine, poverty - the break down of society

We can choose how we respond to this

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join