It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanctuary cities, are they above the law?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I've heard that NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW!!! and it's said with conviction. The top idiot left has been screaming it. But what of the immigration stance? We have laws about illegal immigration. We were so damn smart, we put the word "illegal" right in the title for the democrats, and they still don't grasp it. (tiny minds) So how is it that we can take the left seriously? Above the law, would be like ignoring laws you don't care for instead of changing them. Which is what's happening with regard to the border and those who cross it illegally.

If you want to challenge the validity of our border security laws, that's cool and all, but you don't get to ignore the laws that exist now because you don't like them. Just as the rest of us who aren't above the law, have to follow rules we may not like, because if you disregard the rules that govern society, you risk the breakdown of that very society.

At some point, the idiocy will have to be recognized and stopped. Stupid has a shelf life, and democrats, you are past your expiration date.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Started with the infamous Debbie Wasserman Schultz...
"Those Republicans , they think everything illegal is against the law "
No foolin.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I've heard that NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW!!! and it's said with conviction. The top idiot left has been screaming it. But what of the immigration stance? We have laws about illegal immigration.

What about states rights? Or as usual is that just forgotten when it comes to something you all disagree with?

If you want to challenge the validity of our border security laws, that's cool and all, but you don't get to ignore the laws that exist now because you don't like them. Just as the rest of us who aren't above the law, have to follow rules we may not like, because if you disregard the rules that govern society, you risk the breakdown of that very society.

Remember folks, a Donald Trump supporter just vomited this diatribe about following the law. A person who blindly supports the most lawless person to hold the office of the President since Richard Nixon.

And you wonder why no one take you guys seriously, and treats you like the alcoholic uncle at Thanksgiving.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Democrats conveniently use the term "undocumented immigrant" instead of illegal because it helps their agenda or pandering to voters and pulling on their heartstrings.

I cannot believe these lunatics want to decriminalize illegal border crossing and accuse anyone who criticizes illegal immigration as "racists".

I hope more moderates and level-headed individuals can see through this propaganda and the democrats' agenda here...

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I've heard that NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW!!! and it's said with conviction. The top idiot left has been screaming it. But what of the immigration stance? We have laws about illegal immigration.

What about states rights? Or as usual is that just forgotten when it comes to something you all disagree with?

Remember folks, a Donald Trump supporter just vomited this diatribe about following the law. A person who blindly supports the most lawless person to hold the office of the President since Richard Nixon.

And you wonder why no one take you guys seriously, and treats you like the alcoholic uncle at Thanksgiving.

LOL, fantastic rebuttal! Can't say a thing about the point, so you deflect with a strawman and some tears. Well played. Stick to that playbook, at all costs.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So States can ignore gun control laws if they so choose. State RIGHTS, and that.

Since someone touting state rights, and do you just forget it when it's something you all disagree with?

Remember folks, a Donald Trump supporter just vomited this diatribe about following the law

Remember folks that's a great example of a poltical troll.

. A person who blindly supports the most lawless person to hold the office of the President since Richard Nixon.

Refering to Schiff,Nadler, or Pelosi?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Sanctuary cities, are they above the law?

Some aren't.

They're adhering to the highest law in the land.

reason.com...

Shall not be infringed,denied or disparaged.
edit on 11-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Democrats tried to change the official Government term illegal alien. The vote failed. The legal term is still illegal alien despite all their word craft and control of the media. They did the same thing with investigation and the word matter.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

It's not a states rights issue. Immigration is federal. Can yo explain how you think it is a states rights issue?

What crime did he commit and when was he convicted?

Since you seem to be all about following the law and do not like lawlessness, you are in favor of going after illegals, right?
edit on 11-12-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Since you seem to be all about following the law and do not like lawlessness, you are in favor of going after illegals, right?

I am.

Usually when someone breaks in to someones elses house. They usually get prosecuted for BREAKING the LAW.

Cause if they don't. It creates LAWLESSNESS.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Based on history I would say a good rule of thumb is everybody else is above the law except for you and me.... and we're both one testimony from immunity.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I'd totally be for a sanctuary city that decided to let me not pay taxes.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
States' rights are any power not granted to the Federal Government
The Constitution grants the Feds jurisdiction over immigration
Total failure of an argument you have there

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I've heard about 'sanctuary city's' and it was mentioned on a TV programme I was watching the other night - can't remember which one, it was #e.

For the benefit of non-US members who may stumble into this thread could someone please briefly and in laymans terms explain without bias exactly what they are supposed to be?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I've heard about 'sanctuary city's' and it was mentioned on a TV programme I was watching the other night - can't remember which one, it was #e.

For the benefit of non-US members who may stumble into this thread could someone please briefly and in laymans terms explain without bias exactly what they are supposed to be?

It's not a legal term. Made up term by State Government officials. They basically allow illegal aliens (not immigrants) to roam freely without being pursued for being here illegally so long as they are not breaking other laws.

A good example is jury duty. All citizens are required by law to serve on a jury if called upon. If someone is an illegal alien and uses fake documentation and gets called up for jury duty this is where the "Sanctuary" part comes into play.

When potential jurors show up, the court asks if anyone is not a US Citizen. If anyone raises their hand, they are allowed to leave the court proceeding. No questions asked. What should happen, they should be asked what they are doing here illegally in the first place and then charged for falsifying documents and of course, being here illegally.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Shouldn't these things be decided at a state by state level?

If California wants an open door policy then
maybe we should let it issue State Only visa/permit and take in everybody that it wants. And if somebody is found in another state with a California only permit they you deport them to their country of origin, as an illegal to that state. If California wants them back, then charge a processing and handling fee.

That way the entire population of Mexico can relocate to California, and if they try to leave California gets to pay for them.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Has to be. What would happen to me if I let a petty thief hide out in my house? I would be an accessory to crime. Can I tell the police my house is a sanctuary house? No. So these sanctuary cities should be invaded one by one by federal police. Unfortunately, obama weaponized our federal police so nothing will ever be done.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

States don't get to pick and choose who gets state's rights and who doesn't. It's either good for all or good for none and Trump already mentioned he that states should have their own rights for most things. Democrats didn't like it. So no, state's rights don't count here.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

They are cities that shelter illegal immigrants and refuse to work with the federal government in regards to immigration law. They will release criminal illegals (as in those who have been charged with crimes like DUI, rape) to prevent their deportation.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

States rights?

I don't think states have a right to actively subvert federal law.

Trump is the most lawless POTUS since Nixon?

Kind of funny they keep repeating the "no one is above the law" mantra but didn't even accuse him of breaking any laws in their articles of impeachment.

Either they're the most incompetent congress ever, completely forgetting to include all those crimes you speak of, or maybe when it comes to brass tax they didn't include all those accusations because they're not real. They're just propaganda for people such as yourself.
edit on 11-12-2019 by elDooberino because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2019 by elDooberino because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join