It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 schools on lockdown and 'several' police officers wounded in Jersey City 'ambush'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Are there other threads on this issue? This is why I logged in... to hear the educated and lively discussion and possible boots on the ground members giving some info???

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: shooterbrody

You're probably right. They heard some of their brother officers were shot so went out to help.

Jersey City is a rough town. Think Chicago

I live in Jersey City. It is nothing like Chicago. I used to live there too so I know the difference.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: shooterbrody

You're probably right. They heard some of their brother officers were shot so went out to help.

Jersey City is a rough town. Think Chicago

I live in Jersey City. It is nothing like Chicago. I used to live there too so I know the difference.

I worked in Jersey City for years

What people fail to realize is that Chicago has many areas that are great to live in.
So does Jersey City

So does any big city. But they also have places you better not find your ass near at ANYTIME.

That’s my point

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: rickymouse
What the heck is a bodego, looked it up and it has a wide variety of definitions.

In the US, it's just a mini-mart/corner store. Usually, it's most often quantified as a 7-11-type convenience shop.

Bodego/Bodega is still better than the Michigan version of alternative shop names -- "party store". It's a fricking liquor shop, people.

Party store I understand. Under definitions when I searched for it they had winery, something like a party store, possibly a tavern or something, and brewery I think. We now have a lot of micro breweries around here, they produce their own beer to sell We also have one or two wineries where you can actually go in and drink wine and look at the wine aging. Sometimes they have food at those places too.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Blow up the guy's bodego? Well the city better repay for a whole new shop!

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Well, what do you do when you have liquor and smokes? have a PARTY!

hence, party store.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Apparently the cop was shot via friendly fire although when this happens its usually blamed on the suspects regardless.

Similar to what happened in the FL UPS incident.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

To add to what others have said about being first responders, live ammunition and things such as tear gas used in these kinds of situations can easily start fires it's also not that uncommon for the suspects to light a building on fire to cover their escape, so they're there on standby

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
What the heck is a bodego, looked it up and it has a wide variety of definitions. The cops just need one of those over the shoulder missile launchers and blow these guys up.

I feel bad when I hear of a cop getting shot, they are just people doing their job and the pay is not that great to justify the risk they take every day. A$$ holes like these guys make cops less tolerant and paranoid when they pull you over for speeding or they see you on the street when someone calls in a crime. They are more tempted to be trigger happy. It is criminals that are causing more cops to shoot people because they are constantly being targeted by shooters these days.

Law enforcement's job is to bring people to justice, not murder them.

I see why you're upset but that's not their role.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join