It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 schools on lockdown and 'several' police officers wounded in Jersey City 'ambush'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Several police officers have been shot

The two suspects reportedly arrived in the area in a U-haul van and are carrying "long guns."

12 schools on lockdown and 'several' police officers wounded in Jersey City 'ambush'

Ongoing shooting situation happening in Jersey City. Two people with a U-haul van and long guns have ambushed and shot police officers before barricading themselves in a bodega. They're reported to be shooting at anyone in sight. 12 schools are on lockdown. Snipers, tactical teams and helicopters are in the area.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

My heart really goes out to the police & teachers in these dire times.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
1 officer is in surgery they announced. And maybe two others shot.
www.cnn.com...

Schools on Lockdown
Active shooting situation' in Jersey City

There is an ongoing "active shooting situation" unfolding in Jersey City, New Jersey, according to the sheriff's office.
Officers have been shot, New Jersey governor confirmed. However, we do not know how many.

It's like a war out there!
There were at least 50 shots

Apparently it began in a Jewish Kosher supermarket.

JC cops, State cops, Federal Cops, are all over the place.

edit on 10-12-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Another day in USA I guess...
Can someone explain to me why I always see the fire department shows up to these things in USA ?

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Can someone explain to me why I always see the fire department shows up to these things in USA ?

Because they sometimes have equipment and training to help people who are injured to some extent. They're not ambulances or EMTs, but they can possibly help until better options are available.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

they are first responders
first aid immediate triage

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What the heck is a bodego, looked it up and it has a wide variety of definitions. The cops just need one of those over the shoulder missile launchers and blow these guys up.

I feel bad when I hear of a cop getting shot, they are just people doing their job and the pay is not that great to justify the risk they take every day. A$$ holes like these guys make cops less tolerant and paranoid when they pull you over for speeding or they see you on the street when someone calls in a crime. They are more tempted to be trigger happy. It is criminals that are causing more cops to shoot people because they are constantly being targeted by shooters these days.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
a small shop
tobacco
drinks
snacks
ect

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
No children are hurt, though the schools are still on lockdown as a precaution.

This is maybe a local crime

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
New reports are saying that pipe bombs were found in the U-haul truck.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Very strange. Look at all these undercover cops

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
most likely all hands on deck
indiscriminate fire on officers
bombs in trucks

I am surprised the national guard has not been called out

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You're probably right. They heard some of their brother officers were shot so went out to help.

Jersey City is a rough town. Think Chicago

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
can anyone please post a live feed?

Thanks guys

newyork.cbslocal.com...

Here's a live station

edit on 10-12-2019 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What am I suppose to say ?

2 hour shootout with SWAT.

The shooters are dead.

And for those that never let a good crisis go to waste.

Gun laws in New Jersey regulate the sale, possession, and use of firearms and ammunition in the U.S. state of New Jersey.[1][2] New Jersey's firearms laws are among the most restrictive in the country.

en.wikipedia.org...

Six dead, including a cop, after 'juvenile male and female shooter duo' armed with long guns launch two-hour shootout against SWAT team, starting in a cemetery and ending inside a bodega

My condolences to the victims

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
What the heck is a bodego, looked it up and it has a wide variety of definitions.

In the US, it's just a mini-mart/corner store. Usually, it's most often quantified as a 7-11-type convenience shop.

Bodego/Bodega is still better than the Michigan version of alternative shop names -- "party store". It's a fricking liquor shop, people.
edit on 12/10/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Im not seeing anything about pipe bombs or a UHaul truck just keep hearing about a cemetery.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Willtell
most likely all hands on deck
indiscriminate fire on officers
bombs in trucks

I am surprised the national guard has not been called out

I'm honestly surprised there wasn't at least a mention of mulling over bringing in the NG. The shooters are dead now, though, so I guess they're not necessary to bring in at this point.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
RPG the Bodega, simples.
Let the scum burn

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

national guard only gets deployed on govenors say so ,so i dobut it got to that level even in two hours ,plus cops have armored vehicles these days. other then the headline of national guard shooting citizens (assuming shooters were citizens) tends to make bad headlines this is what it takes to deploy them usually www.theguardian.com...

On Sunday night, the streets of Ferguson descended into violent chaos, prompting the governor to deploy the Missouri national guard. Governor Jay Nixon, who acts as commander-in-chief of his state’s national guard, said the troops are needed to restore peace and order in the northern St Louis suburb. What is the national guard? Each state, Washington DC and US territories has a national guard, and serve a dual state and federal mission. It is first and foremost a state agency, but units can be mobilised by the US president to assist the country’s armed forces. States’ national guard units often receive federal funding and training. All states have an air national guard and an army national guard. The forces are organised by units that can include military, medical, aviation and engineering, among others. The governor serves as commander-in-chief. In general, guard soldiers hold civilian jobs and live at home. They have a drill commitment one weekend per month and are required to attend one two-week training each year. The governor is not required to notify the US president of the administration before calling the national guard into service. When is it called up? Under state law, the national guard may be activated by governors – as Nixon has done in Missouri – to respond to domestic emergencies such as natural disasters and civil disturbances. National guard forces are most often called in to assist with natural disasters as Missouri did after a catastrophic tornado ripped through the city of Joplin in 2011. Jim Craig, an associate professor of military and veteran studies at the University of Missouri-St Louis, said deploying the state national guard to quell civil unrest is less common.
so more of a major unrest and national disaster force then cops
edit on 10-12-2019 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join