It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats unveil articles of Impeachment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
www.msn.com...

Speaking from a wood-paneled reception room just off the floor of the House, Speaker Nancy Pelosi and leaders of six key committees said that Mr. Trump’s actions toward Ukraine, and his efforts to block Congress’s attempt to investigate, had left them no choice but to pursue one of the Constitution’s gravest remedies. The move will bring a sitting president to the brink of impeachment for only the fourth time in American history.

“Today, in service to our duty to the Constitution, and to our country, the House Committee on Judiciary is introducing two articles of impeachment charging the president of the United States, Donald J. Trump, with committing high crimes and misdemeanors,” said Representative Jerrold Nadler, Democrat of New York and the panel’s chairman. He stood before four American flags and a portrait of George Washington.

So now we have the articles written. This is new territory for me, so I really don't know what happens next. But at some point, it would be nice to hear the other side. We know Fat Jerry had his feels hurt by Trump, so he hates him. Schiff also fell victim to Trump's ridicule (pencil neck). Nancy was called names too I think, so that validates their anger and process totally. Trump is being impeached for being mean.

What happens next? When does this go to the senate? Are we done hearing Schiff and Naddler crying, sleeping, and generally being sleazy? I'm just hoping for a little retribution in all this. It's been a totally one sided process, only democrats support it, and when the vote happens, we may see more than 2 break ranks. Imagine the embarrassment if it doesn't pass the house.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That have to actually write up the Articles of Impeachment reports that will be submitted to the House for a full vote on both. If passed, they will be submitted to the Senate for trial. If not, they may vote to simply censure the President rather than allow the Republican controlled Senate to get their turn at their own controlled circus of proproganda.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.msn.com...

Speaking from a wood-paneled reception room just off the floor of the House, Speaker Nancy Pelosi and leaders of six key committees said that Mr. Trump’s actions toward Ukraine, and his efforts to block Congress’s attempt to investigate, had left them no choice but to pursue one of the Constitution’s gravest remedies. The move will bring a sitting president to the brink of impeachment for only the fourth time in American history.

“Today, in service to our duty to the Constitution, and to our country, the House Committee on Judiciary is introducing two articles of impeachment charging the president of the United States, Donald J. Trump, with committing high crimes and misdemeanors,” said Representative Jerrold Nadler, Democrat of New York and the panel’s chairman. He stood before four American flags and a portrait of George Washington.

So now we have the articles written. This is new territory for me, so I really don't know what happens next. But at some point, it would be nice to hear the other side. We know Fat Jerry had his feels hurt by Trump, so he hates him. Schiff also fell victim to Trump's ridicule (pencil neck). Nancy was called names too I think, so that validates their anger and process totally. Trump is being impeached for being mean.

What happens next? When does this go to the senate? Are we done hearing Schiff and Naddler crying, sleeping, and generally being sleazy? I'm just hoping for a little retribution in all this. It's been a totally one sided process, only democrats support it, and when the vote happens, we may see more than 2 break ranks. Imagine the embarrassment if it doesn't pass the house.

The D leadership knows damn well that this thing has no legs. It's all lip service and publicity.

Speaking of breaking ranks, with 2020 being an election year, it will be interesting to see who doesnt follow the playbook.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
They vote. They impeach. The Senate doesn't convict, and that becomes the democrat campaign platform since they know no sane American will vote for transgender abortion rights, 90% tax rates on "the rich", and "free" stuff for the perpetually aggrieved.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The impeachment inquiry has nothing but I dreamt a few days ago that Trump will step out of the 2020 election or purposely lose.

My memory of the dream is vague but I saw him on television saying that he did his best for America and it's out of his hands now.

I've had psychic dreams before. I hope this isn't one of them.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24809760]network

This is pretty sad that it has come to this.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm hoping for a Senate trial. I don't rely on the government for anything and don't mind the Republicans in the Senate focusing on damaging the Democrats for an entire year digging into their lives and making up rules to violate their rights.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So what happened to the bribery? The quid pro quo that was all the rage just a week ago?

I hope this does go to the Senate. I would love to see the Senate trial that would ensue without Demo-rat interference and constant rewriting of the rules to suit their agenda.

Hell just the fact that chicken neck Schiff for brains’ sister is married to George Soros son speaks volumes and needs to be investigated in and of itself.
edit on 10-12-2019 by Cancerwarrior because: Misspelling

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

Hell just the fact that chicken neck Schiff for brains’ sister is married to George Soros son speaks volumes and needs to be investigated in and of itself.

This is not true. The former Miss Schiff in question did in fact marry Soros' son, but she is not related to Adam Schiff. If I remember correctly, it was debunked by the wedding announcement citing different parents for Miss Schiff than Adam Schiff's parents.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
May not hand over to the Senate until november 15 2020.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
May not hand over to the Senate until november 15 2020.

WTH??? Just when I thought it couldn't get any crazier...

Where did you hear that? (Not challenging you -- just wondering)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is exactly what I expected - abuse of power. It was the ONLY legitimate avenue.
I mean legitimate of course purely on the basis that it accepts that the President did not go BEYOND his constitutional powers, rather the charge is that he abused those powers.
The problem for Democrats is that for the President to have abused his power they are going to have to prove there was no basis for the President to order an investigation and seek help from the country involved.

That means the entire discussion now shifts to the evidence against Biden and what the Ukraine did in the 2016 election to support the Democrats. All of it will have to be made public and analysed in the Senate trial.

Basically the Senate trial is about Biden and the Ukraine.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Democrats will regret pulling the trigger on this shoulder fired rocket. Most people do who fire it backwards.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
The impeachment inquiry has nothing but I dreamt a few days ago that Trump will step out of the 2020 election or purposely lose.

My memory of the dream is vague but I saw him on television saying that he did his best for America and it's out of his hands now.

I've had psychic dreams before. I hope this isn't one of them.

There has been some speculation he hand picks someone to run in his spot *cough* Ivanka *cough*.

We'll see. I do find it hard to believe that a billionaire lives some of his last years doing one of the shi**iest jobs on earth when he could just kick those feet up.

He'd then get to say his legacy is he was president, and then his daughter carried it on becoming the first female president. It would be a pretty big troll move.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think that the Dems have thrown the pin and dropped the grenade at their feet.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
I think that the Dems have thrown the pin and dropped the grenade at their feet.

Eh, every couple of months each party "finally does themselves in"... But at the end of the day, they are both incurable cancers.

They've both proven they can do whatever they want with little more than one cycle's worth of ramifications, AKA, losing majority in ________ or the presidency.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I heard this on the radio.. is it true that the impeachment progress has now begun, like, they will impeach him definitely or is it still open?

The radio speakers here, all said that he is going to be impeached.

Truth or "fake news"?

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
I heard this on the radio.. is it true that the impeachment progress has now begun, like, they will impeach him definitely or is it still open?

The radio speakers here, all said that he is going to be impeached.

Truth or "fake news"?

It will move to a House vote.
I am expecting the Democrats to try and pull a fast one with the rules and have a secret vote, leaving a few Democrats to vote no. It will leave some doubt as to whether any Democrat in a red state voted for impeachment.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
A few Ds will cross over and vote no.

A few Rs will cross over and vote yes.

The vote is next week.

It would be a miracle if they didn't vote to impeach considering how many voted for the inquiry.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

The House will vote to impeach along party lines, but then the Senate does the trial to remove from office. Clinton was impeached ... and got re-elected to a 2nd term because the Republicans made the same mistake the Democrats are engaged in right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join