It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shifty Schiff Sets Up 2020 Elections as Illegitimate Unless Trump is Impeached

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

That being said the presidents illegal actions enabling conservative ideology to thrive is wrong, not because conservative ideology is inherently wrong (though that could be a discussion for another time), but rather that the fruits of its labor would have been won through malfeasance (when viewed from Trump winning the 2020 election through foreign intervention at his behest).

LOL! No wonder you don't understand why anyone would need to point out how evil the Democrats are if they're doing such a great job of damaging themselves! You're oblivious as to what's really going on and would prefer that corruption between past administrations and Ukraine continue.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: DanDanDat

So what you are worried about is a dictatorial "Republican" president with a "Republican" controlled Senate ... that is now becoming an irrational fear when discussing topics such as impeachment. To believe all these people are corrupt.

Well not to dive into that side-street but there have been a disturbing number of charges brought against Trump's associates so I can't say with a straight face I'm not a little suspicious of how far that 'rot' goes.

That being said the presidents illegal actions enabling conservative ideology to thrive is wrong, not because conservative ideology is inherently wrong (though that could be a discussion for another time), but rather that the fruits of its labor would have been won through malfeasance (when viewed from Trump winning the 2020 election through foreign intervention at his behest).

Sorry Wayfarer that is now becoming a ridiculous argument with regard to justifing impeachment of a President; It is moving far afield from why the Democrats claim they are carrying through with this impeachment.

Impeaching a president in order to disable conservative ideology is abuse of power all on to itself. It is exactly what house Republicans are claiming Democrats are doing and what Democrats are trying desperately not to look like they are doing.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: toolgal462

The math was wrong.

They still have it locked.

Not quite...

If 12 are actually willing to come out and say it, I guarantee you there are more that haven't spoken up yet.

I'm beginning to think the vote will fail, and it would be hilariously delicious if it did.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Impeaching a president in order to disable conservative ideology is abuse of power all on to itself. It is exactly what house Republicans are claiming Democrats are doing and what Democrats are trying desperately not to look like they are doing.

but well within the powers of the house imo
a bastardized version of their power
but still their decision

they just get to own it
all the dirty nasty that goes with it

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

If 12 are actually willing to come out and say it, I guarantee you there are more that haven't spoken up yet.

I'm beginning to think the vote will fail, and it would be hilariously delicious if it did.

it would by far be the best outcome for out nation

they still have time to reset the dnc before the election

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: tanstaafl

it would by far be the best outcome for out nation

they still have time to reset the dnc before the election

Again, giving them more credit than I will. The aren't smart enough to go that route.

edit on 10-12-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Sometimes I wish I lived in a bubble of self delusion

I believe all your dreams and wishes have come true my friend. You may now bask in the glory of your achievements.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Well, I rather see it as Trump is committing a crime his compatriots on the jury won't convict him of, so therefore the Dem's only recourse is to get some potential benefit from it to remove him from office in the next election. A polar opposite viewpoint from yours but hopefully you can take some understanding from what the 'other side' views the situation as.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Are you saying that many are both frustrated and at the same time happy about it (since they believe it will ultimately benefit Trump and the Republicans)?

Yes, that's why you see the GOP stating that they want the impeachment to reach the Senate. While they really don't want to see Trump impeached, they know the best way to damage the Democrats further is to call them as witnesses (as well as other witnesses) when this whole thing is controlled by the Senate instead of Schiff.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

LOL! No wonder you don't understand why anyone would need to point out how evil the Democrats are if they're doing such a great job of damaging themselves! You're oblivious as to what's really going on and would prefer that corruption between past administrations and Ukraine continue.

Um, I appreciate you replying but I can't really parse this. I don't want corruption in any way shape or form, I just want to understand why folks who believe the Dems are helping Trump and the Republicans also hate what the Dems are doing and want it to stop...

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: muzzleflash

Why ?

So they can tax it and use the money to pay for 'free' snip?

I'm just worried about my freedom to put what I want in my body and I'm tired of living in fear of govt oppression, chains around my waist and cuffs n shackles on me.

I don't care if they tax it, I'd rather not have taxes.

I just my liberty and I'm tired of the oppression.

Too bad these Dems are focused on the Orange One. They could have actually done something valuable for once.

But nope.
Nothing!!

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Sometimes I wish I lived in a bubble of self delusion

I believe all your dreams and wishes have come true my friend. You may now bask in the glory of your achievements.

Well if that's the case I'm turbo #ed because I've built a bubble of self delusion and I'm not even happy in it!

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Are you saying that many are both frustrated and at the same time happy about it (since they believe it will ultimately benefit Trump and the Republicans)?

...they know the best way to damage the Democrats further is to call them as witnesses (as well as other witnesses) when this whole thing is controlled by the Senate instead of Schiff.

If that's the case then why not welcome it instead of fight it tooth and nail?

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I just want to understand why folks who believe the Dems are helping Trump ...

First of all, using the telephone call with Ukraine as means of impeachment, especially when it involves Joe Biden, was off the charts ignorant. I can't believe the Democrats didn't think through what damage this might do to Joe Biden's campaign by drawing more attention to the threat that Joe made to Ukrainian officials. It's laughable really. The very thing Joe actually did, the Democrats are trying to accuse Trump of doing, only Trump just asked for a favor without ever threatening to withhold anything from them verbally over the phone. You do understand how stupid that was, right?

edit on 10-12-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Because it's their job.

I suppose they are just supposed to just stay silent while the Democrats paint a picture that is full of bogus accusations and flat out lies because they know if it goes to the senate they will be able to expose the Dems?

Sounds brilliant. Proving how politically brilliant you are. Maybe you should run for a Dem office. You got the right stuff methinks.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If public hangings aren't brought back I'm going to be very disappointed.
I doubt I am alone in this sentiment and yes, it's a deadly serious charge and for good reasons.
How much treason does one need to commit before the hammer comes down?
Well sonofabitch.
edit on 10-12-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I just want to understand why folks who believe the Dems are helping Trump ...

First of all, using the telephone call with Ukraine as means of impeachment, especially when it involves Joe Biden, was off the charts ignorant. I can't believe the Democrats didn't think through what damage this might do to Joe Biden's campaign by drawing more attention to the threat that Joe made to Ukrainian officials. It's laughable really. The very thing Joe actually did, the Democrats are trying to accuse Trump of doing, only Trump just asked for a favor without ever threatening to withhold anything from them verbally over the phone. You do understand how stupid that was, right?

Um, but that's kind of a subjective question. I hate Biden, think hes an abysmal candidate, and absolutely want him buried in the # of his own making. From my perspective throwing Biden under the bus to strike at Trump was merely pure win.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

Because it's their job.

I suppose they are just supposed to just stay silent while the Democrats paint a picture that is full of bogus accusations and flat out lies because they know if it goes to the senate they will be able to expose the Dems?

Ok, this is surprisingly a worthwhile/cogent point. Are you intimating then that without fighting back against the Dems means the purported imminent re-election of Trump in 2020 and retaking of the house are in fact not so certain as everyone is making them out to be, but rather seemingly balanced on a knife edge and require work from the Republicans to see the expected results from?
edit on 50pm19fpmTue, 10 Dec 2019 14:53:46 -0600America/ChicagoTue, 10 Dec 2019 14:53:46 -0600 by Wayfarer because: clarity

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: toolgal462

Because it's their job.

Ok, this is surprisingly a worthwhile/cogent point. Are you intimating then that without fighting back against the Dems means the purported imminent re-election of Trump in 2020 and retaking of the house are in fact not so certain as everyone is making them out to be, but rather seemingly balanced on a knife edge and require work from the Republicans to see the expected results from?

I have never said any of that. Of course his 2020 re election isn't guaranteed.

It certainly would harm Trump if the R's didn't defend him.

edit on 10-12-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Um, but that's kind of a subjective question. I hate Biden, think hes an abysmal candidate, and absolutely want him buried in the # of his own making. From my perspective throwing Biden under the bus to strike at Trump was merely pure win.

I can understand why you would think that because I think that too! The problem is that Joe was the one who was leading by a significant margin in the polls for the Democrats, but it may have hurt them worse than they could have imagined.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join