It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shifty Schiff Sets Up 2020 Elections as Illegitimate Unless Trump is Impeached

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96
you clearly do not frequent 7-11s or dunkin donuts
what would you know

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
what would you know

No, should I?

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Again man you're proving my point. You are both saying Trump is the greatest president/man to ever live, the US is experiencing is greatest and most successful time in its history, yet perpetually feel the need to argue against an opponent who you intimate is incompetent and filled with only baseless and silly arguments.....

Like if what you've intimated is true, there would be no need to fill this board with argument after argument both highlighting it and debating it; It would be self evident.

Your actions don't make sense given the strength of your convictions on the matter, but rather speak of someone who isn't themselves as convinced as they seem/sound and has to put a lot of time/energy into convincing everyone else they can.

The left have only one course of action based on the shear dismal lineup of challengers. First do you agree that unless something changes the left has really no one to challenge Trump, and if so who is that person?

Pelosi was not going down this path at all because she understands this is a double edge sword in the 15 or so swing states held right now by the democrats that a vote for his impeachment will most likely cost those democrats their jobs. She knows it ends at the Senate too, and so just keep old Adam on the attack in a never ending narrative of how bad this President is would be their best bet for 2020 elections.

Then we see the front runners looking really bad, and unless Bloomberg gains huge attraction or maybe Hillary jumps back into the mix riding a unicorn the left is in real trouble. This is why they have upped the heat on Trump, but it will most likely have them lose the House in the process.

In the end the right still needs to fight fire with fire and that is what we are seeing. The Presidency is for the right to lose and if they just let the Dems do as they feel the republicans will not be successful....A good number of Americans do not stay up on the in depth aspects of political agendas and have more of a "look squirrel" reaction and the Dems are trying to time that just right

Wow super meaty response, so thanks for that!

As for a challenger to Trump, you're asking for opinion answers but I think expecting to assess it from some kind of objective frame which I'm not sure is possible. I'd wager Bernie could likely beat Trump for what its worth, and probably to a lesser extent Warren (though my gut tells me that would be a real nail-biter).

That being said the rest of your post is probably the best explanation for my earlier query, and I understand that approach.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: shooterbrody
what would you know

No, should I?

dunkin is marvelous you are missing out
and to not have slurpees on a hot summer day.....are you communist???

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

.are you communist???

Of course not.

I'm a yankee capitalist pig.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
IMO, Shifty Schiff may be watching Election Night 2020 from a jail cell.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Trump will go down in history.

As the only president to be impeached in the house and BE RE-ELECTED to office in a landslide! LOL, what an awesome condemnation of a fake impeachment!!!!

Liberal heads will not only explode again, but mass suicides may follow.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

As for a challenger to Trump, you're asking for opinion answers but I think expecting to assess it from some kind of objective frame which I'm not sure is possible. I'd wager Bernie could likely beat Trump for what its worth, and probably to a lesser extent Warren (though my gut tells me that would be a real nail-biter).

That being said the rest of your post is probably the best explanation for my earlier query, and I understand that approach.

Thanks, but Vegas disagrees with you hehe... Trumps biggest problem is his inability to filter his thoughts. He basically vomits anything that pops into his head at the moment and that gets him into trouble at times as the left have an army watching every word and action to capitalize on it. It is truly Trump's to win or lose by his own actions, if he did nothing. said nothing for the next year he would win hands down IMHO.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Thanks, but Vegas disagrees with you hehe... Trumps biggest problem is his inability to filter his thoughts. He basically vomits anything that pops into his head at the moment and that gets him into trouble at times as the left have an army watching every word and action to capitalize on it. It is truly Trump's to win or lose by his own actions, if he did nothing. said nothing for the next year he would win hands down IMHO.

Oh boy don't get me started on Vegas odds, which I would have lost a lot of money over in 2016 if I had played it safe.......

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

“The argument ‘Why don’t you just wait?’ amounts to this. Why don’t you just let him cheat in one more election? Why not let him cheat just one more time? Why not let him have foreign help just one more time? That is what that argument amounts to. The President’s misconduct goes to the heart of whether we can conduct a free and fair election in 2020,” Shifty Schiff said.

Wrong;

If I give the Democrats, and their professed defense of the constitution, the benefit of the doubt than it is extremely short sighted for them not to "wait", not to find remedy in the courts, not to answer the many answered unanswered questions.

In their actions the Democrats are making this whole proceeding about a man, a single man, a man that is insignificant in the 243 year old history of our country and in the hope that our country will endure for another 243 years.

If Donald Trump must be stopped so that he does not become the next dictator; than why do the Democrats so easily disregard the next guy (or gall) who has dictatorial aspirations?

Nothing in their actions today speek to the signficant future of our country; all they do is speak to the election 11 months from now; And again if I give the Democrats, and their professed defense of the constitution, the benefit of the doubt than their short sightedness is very dangerous.

One way or another Donald Trump will be out of office in the next 1 to 4 years; and a lame duck for almost have that time. Sure this one man can do damage to this country in that amount of time; but hardly can it be considered "irreparable" damage. Just as Trump undid much of what the Obama administration tried to do; so can the next president reverse what Trump has done.

That is precisely why the farmers of the constitution gave us short election cycles; so that we can take our elected officials to task for their misdeeds while in office. Vote the crook out, fix the damage he may have caused and move forward. It really is that simple (if you trust the intelligence of the electorate).

Proceedings like impeachments and removal are a special case; they are not meant to save us from thieves and charlatans ... we ought to be smart enough to do that for ourselves. They are meant to shape precedent; so that the next danger to our country has less of a chance to come to power.

But unfortunately the Democrats, in their irrational zeal to hurt a single man, is leaving the door wide open for future corruption. The next guy (or gall) who has dictatorial aspirations will simply learn from the mistakes Trump might have made and be stronger for it ... and the Democrats will have done nothing to try to stop them.

If however they wait, if they try to answer the questions that remain, if they seek remedy in the courts and build an approach to impeachment that is bipartisan and has hopes of being taken seriously in the Senate; than they safeguard us into the future.

edit on 10-12-2019 by DanDanDat because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

If I give the Democrats, and their professed defense of the constitution, the benefit of the doubt than it is extremely short sighted for them not to "wait", not to find remedy in the courts, not to answer the many answered questions.

This doesn't entirely make sense. If the potential crime is the president using his powers illegally to hurt his political opponents so that he has better odds of winning the next election, then naturally you wouldn't want to wait till the next election to do something about it......

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

If I give the Democrats, and their professed defense of the constitution, the benefit of the doubt than it is extremely short sighted for them not to "wait", not to find remedy in the courts, not to answer the many answered questions.

This doesn't entirely make sense. If the potential crime is the president using his powers illegally to hurt his political opponents so that he has better odds of winning the next election, then naturally you wouldn't want to wait till the next election to do something about it......

I answered that fear. 3 more years of Trump, no mater how bad he might be, are insignificant to what the Democrats are leaving on the table.

The country is so wrapped up in a cult of personality that we are missing the forests for the trees. Yep the Democrats might be dealing with the tree, but they are all but ignoring the forest.

The Democrats "might" stop Trump from using his powers illegally; but they aren't stoping any one else who might try to do the same... where's the big win in that?
edit on 10-12-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Again I point out how weird it is for you to be so utterly convinced this whole thing is a charade and how Trump is going to win in 2020 with %120 of the vote and how the Republicans are going to retake every seat in the house and senate yet you spend so much time hemming and hawing over what Adam Schiff and the Democrats are thinking/doing.....

Just an observation based on your aforementioned convictions but it rather sounds like they're living in your head rent free right now.....

You are in denial, just like you were when Hillary lost her a$$

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I answered that fear. 3 more years of Trump, no mater how bad he might be, are insignificant to what the Democrats are leaving on the table.

The country is so wrapped up in a cult of personality that we are missing the forests for the trees. Yep the Democrats might be dealing with the tree, but they are all but ignoring the forest.

The Democrats "might" stop Trump from using his powers illegally; but they aren't stoping any one else who might try to do the same... where's the big win in that?

I mean, that's more of a personal opinion answer (which you are absolutely entitled to). My opinion is given the amount of lifetime appointment judges Trump and co. have appointed have far greater and long lasting effect on the direction of the country and give even more weight to the drive to unseat him to stop the excessive damage that's going to cause for the next 50 years.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Again I point out how weird it is for you to be so utterly convinced this whole thing is a charade and how Trump is going to win in 2020 with %120 of the vote and how the Republicans are going to retake every seat in the house and senate yet you spend so much time hemming and hawing over what Adam Schiff and the Democrats are thinking/doing.....

Just an observation based on your aforementioned convictions but it rather sounds like they're living in your head rent free right now.....

You are in denial, just like you were when Hillary lost her a$$

You keep using this same tired excuse whenever you can't be bothered to say something of value, and its happening more and more recently.

Why is that?

I'm not in denial about anything (Trump being president or whatever), I'm having a blast chatting/debating with you folks. I can't ever understand why you and others keep thinking I'm angry/mad/anything other than tickled pink for the opportunity to waste time with y'all.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I can't ever understand why you and others keep thinking I'm angry/mad/anything other than tickled pink for the opportunity to waste time with y'all.

huzzah!!

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Because millions of Americans ARE better off than they were 4 years ago.

SOLID economic numbers.

Gains in both minority employment and wealth.

Even polling rather well for a old white guy.

The FACT is Trump DID NOT commit any crime, but has been the victim of political hacks.

And that is undeniable.

Again man you're proving my point. You are both saying Trump is the greatest president/man to ever live...

I didn't see anyone post what you claim, which points to the very real posssibility that in actual fact it's YOU who has someone living rent free in your head. President Trump.
Methinks you were projecting.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

SOLID economic numbers.

The FACT is Trump DID NOT commit any crime, but has been the victim of political hacks.

And that is undeniable.

Again man you're proving my point. You are both saying Trump is the greatest president/man to ever live...

I didn't see anyone post what you claim, which points to the very real posssibility that in actual fact it's YOU who has someone living rent free in your head. President Trump.

I'm just paraphrasing the past years worth of posts from him.

And make no mistake, I'm charging an exorbitant rent for Trump to live in my posh headspace

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

SOLID economic numbers.

And that is undeniable.

And make no mistake, I'm charging an exorbitant rent for Trump to live in my posh headspace

Yes, paraphrasing is very consistent in those that like to make their own realities to fit what's going on in their troubled minds.

Somene post some facts as to the great job Trump is doing.
In your own mind you hear someone claim that Trump is the greatest man that ever existed.

I don't expect you to realise the strange version of reality you are feeding yourself, but others do see it. You should know that, at least.

edit on 10/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

SOLID economic numbers.

And that is undeniable.

Yes, paraphrasing is very consistent in those that like to make their own realities to fit what's going on in their troubled minds.

Sometimes sure. Other times its exactly what it is summarizing. Are you suggesting Neo hasn't made threads proclaiming similar points as I've paraphrased?

And I'm not paraphrasing them claiming he's doing a great job but rather that one one hand he's claiming Trump will handily win the next election and that what the Democrats are doing will only help the Republicans in the house/senate, while at the same time shouting about how awful what the Democrats are doing is. The dichotomy of being pleased with what they're doing and at the same time angered is what I'm calling into question.
edit on 50pm19fpmTue, 10 Dec 2019 13:46:29 -0600America/ChicagoTue, 10 Dec 2019 13:46:29 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join