It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"things " in isolation - a study of thier implausibility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   
hi - we have thread after thread of claims that the ancient culture of < insert > had a fully formed modern facimilie of < insert >

the latest is " ancient indian bicycle "

now hear is why these claims are implausible :

the biggest - is that all these " things " - i shal use the bike as my example - rely on a fusion of several techologies and ideas - which are VERY usefull in many roles - not just " the thing "

lets discect the bike

1 - chain drive .

2 - toothed gears

3 -

next - few things emerge " fully formed " - the bike is no exception -

last - where did " it " go ? the modern bike is an amazingly useful technology - we have technolgies that can out-preform it - but it is still ubiquitous - because it works - its simple - its cheeo - its human powered

we have archeological evidence of all other technologies - ie the equestrian stirrup . why are there no archelogical finds of bike parts ?

why did ancient indians just abandon the bike ?? - we have a chain of cultures in the sub-continent - all of whom exploit ideas ond technologies of thier fore-bearers

i am not going to address the issue - of the origins of the iconography that alledgedly depicts ancient technology - so please limit replies - to the actual tech

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
maybe it was basically a frame with wheels, no gears, just something to push around on.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
You dismiss the antikythera mechanism then. Evidence of gear cog technology but not lead up technology before for the mechanism. Not only that but the technology then is forgotten for a few hundred years.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Devil's advocate here. The thread title said "push bike."
This is a push bike. Do you see anything missing?

Gears and a chain drive!
The thing could have been made of wood for all that. Wood doesn't exactly hold up to the elements.

ETA: I'm not saying that you're wrong. I see what you're saying and agree. I'm just giving a possible explanation.
edit on 10-12-2019 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Skid Mark - bikes have indeed been made of wood...and bamboo.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
hi - we have thread after thread of claims that the ancient culture of < insert > had a fully formed modern facimilie of < insert >

the latest is " ancient indian bicycle "

now hear is why these claims are implausible :

the biggest - is that all these " things " - i shal use the bike as my example - rely on a fusion of several techologies and ideas - which are VERY usefull in many roles - not just " the thing "

lets discect the bike

1 - chain drive .

2 - toothed gears

3 -

next - few things emerge " fully formed " - the bike is no exception -

last - where did " it " go ? the modern bike is an amazingly useful technology - we have technolgies that can out-preform it - but it is still ubiquitous - because it works - its simple - its cheeo - its human powered

we have archeological evidence of all other technologies - ie the equestrian stirrup . why are there no archelogical finds of bike parts ?

why did ancient indians just abandon the bike ?? - we have a chain of cultures in the sub-continent - all of whom exploit ideas ond technologies of thier fore-bearers

i am not going to address the issue - of the origins of the iconography that alledgedly depicts ancient technology - so please limit replies - to the actual tech

I did a google search of the term that you used....
ancient indian bicycle

I got this link as the first hit:
Altnews

By reverse searching the first image on Google, Alt News found that the carving is on the Balinese temple Pura Maduwe Karang (Temple of Land-owner) located in Kubutambahan of Bali Province, Indonesia. According to the caption given to a Getty Images photo, the carving depicts Dutch Artist WOJ Nieuwnkamp. You can see the other image of the same carving here.

Author David Shavit in his 2003 book Bali and the Tourist Industry writes, “He explored the northern part of the island by bicycle to the amusement of the Balinese people, who had never seen such a thing. A stone relief immortalizing Nieuwenkamp riding his bike, which can still be seen in a little North Balinese village of Kubutambahan, shows how deeply the Balinese were impressed by the novelty.”

It debunks the bicycle and more.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
hi all - the thread that prompted this is :

hear

and in that threads OP source - the you-tuber claims to identify pedals

this thread is not a direct attack on that one - nor a specific denouncement of the claims in the vid used

i am attempting to promote critical thinking - and highlight the underlying falacies of claims of stand alone tech are

new topics

top topics

join