It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Star Wars Every Sane Person Has an Issue With President Donald Trump

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

That's what forums are for. Your reverse psychology is for the birds.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi

Imagine that... She was brought up pretending to be something she's not, and was raised by a rich family while Boyega was brought up by a Preacher and a mother who works with the disabled.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

That's what forums are for. Your reverse psychology is for the birds.

What reverse psychology? There's no shame in caring about something enough to want to share your opinion of it with others. It seem equally silly to claim to not care about it as you're explaining to your compatriots your thoughts on how exactly you care...

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Kennedy is probably the dumbest woman alive today. If she's not she channeled the dumbest thing ever said about the Star Wars canon.

"Four people of color, three lesbians, a transgender activist and a mixed team of lawyer-advertisers and philanthropist-public relationists wander into a bar."

It's not a joke. It's how Disney writes movies.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

But It does affect how much you enjoy the movie. I loved Stranger Things season 1. But after that ridículous acceptance speech at the SAGs awards, everytime the sheriff was on screen I Just saw a bloviating idiot.
Was he the guy who ruined Hellboy?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
When The Phantom Menace is better than The Last Jedi, you need to keep those insults to yourself.

edit on 11-12-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Because discussing it doesn't mean you care about it. People are just as inclined, if not more, to discuss things they don't care about, than they are the things they do. I don't care about AGW, I think it's a lie, but I can stay in a forum all day discussing it and why I think it's a crock. Same with political views coming out of foreign and domestic Hollywood actors. Why does Daisy care? She's not American.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

LMFAO! And that was the worst one before the last three came out.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If they were telling a good story that was thematically consistent with a compelling set of characters not hampered by current PC idealism, I'd go see it, but ...

pretty much this... just cause I well have been a fan boi forever i was going to go see it, but after hearing the leaks, having carrie fischer die, having jar jar abrams say no reshoots, and no test showings, oh and that he felt rian Johnson did a great job... I just have no faith that anything resembling a coherent story with an actual plot and actual character development can happen.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I love the stupidity of this “I don’t like their politics so am not going to watch the movie I may otherwise enjoy”

I don’t agree with Kevin Spacey touching whoever he was inappropriately touching but baby driver was still a good movie.

Judge the movie based on its merits and not the politics of the lead female which you happen to disagree with.

Well this is what most people are doing..!!

These movies bomb because they are so centric on progressivism, that the story is given a back seat.

They are terrible in the first place and it isn't difficult at all to predict the ones that will fail because of advertised, overbearing inclusiveness that seems to take precedence over everything else.

Honestly, if they wrote a better script and kept a little continuity in the franchise, the progressive side would be tolerable.

As long as the story and continuity are given second fiddle to "wokness", movies from every genre will continue to fail at the box office.
edit on 11-12-2019 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I actually do like Rogue One for example.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

It isn't difficult to predict because they often try to get out ahead of the fail by blaming the fans for being racist or sexist or something.

They blamed the failure of "Fembusters" on misogyny and not on having tried to remake a classic in the most piss-poor and offensive way possible.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

I've gone to the theatres for every Star Wars film since the 70's.

Will probably go again even though the chick is a dim-witted moron.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Irishhaf

I actually do like Rogue One for example.

Rouge One was freaking amazing..!!

The people who ultimately dumped on it were the Beret wearing, Soy latte swilling, Artsy-Fartsy, so called critics.

Everyone else I know loved it..

I also thought Solo, Vallerian and a few other titles that were critically dumped on by the "woke critique", were pretty ok too.

I won't comment on Jupiter Ascending though...

Some things are just plain awful no matter how you make or spin them..

edit on 11-12-2019 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
trump is clearly not some star wars villain,

he's a comic book villain, he's obviously lex luther, but with no superman to stop him!

Actually, Trump pictures himself as Thanos, a super villian.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

Alita was decent too.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

They wouldn't be sweating bullets if they would stop trying to please the minority PC crowd. These people bitched because Toy Story didn't have a black character in it, or a queer toy. They live to complain and the sooner big companies start ignoring them, the sooner they can stop sweating bullets and get back to making billions and billions.

Umm no, they already make billions because your crowd does not hold any power when it comes to boycotting , so basically crying about a movie being PC..etc does nothing to them in the long run.

edit on 11-12-2019 by tharippa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Why do Trumpers always make the claim "how dare you insult half the country", since when did 63 million out of 300 plus million become half the country?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Trump is one of those stupid cartoon villains like you see who attack bugz and road runner. Luther and Thanos were intelligent, lol whereas Trump probably gets someone to tie his shoes for him in the morning.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tharippa

And his butt stinks, 'cause he's a dumb head and a doofus.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join