It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Star Wars Every Sane Person Has an Issue With President Donald Trump

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Not really. The Force was out of balance then. The lesson of Eastern philosophy is that you need good to balance evil - balance. Evil cancelled evil there when Vader removed Palpy, leaving Luke the sole force of good. That ending is very Western, but if it's all about Eastern philosophy, we're out of balance again.

Combining both sides harmoniously in one person - the gray - is the truest answer.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I got half way through the last Star Wars movie before switching it off.
First 3 movies will be remembered always, but the rest are just trash movies.

It does actually ruin movies when actors reveal just how much of douchebag they are. Like De Niro. Instead of seeing his character in movies now, I just see the raging pile of steaming horse manure that he is.
Same with the cast of the Star Wars movies.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

It does actually ruin movies when actors reveal just how much of douchebag they are. Like De Niro. Instead of seeing his character in movies now, I just see the raging pile of steaming horse manure that he is.

It doesn't seem like your dislike of these people has had any negative affect on their lives though. They're fantastically wealthy and (seemingly) happy. They keep getting work, despite the belief so prevalently displayed here that actors espousing their own political/social view negatively impact the movies they're in. And whats got to bee even worse (or to be more accurate infuriating) for their detractors is they keep getting more work.
edit on 50am19famWed, 11 Dec 2019 08:50:34 -0600America/ChicagoWed, 11 Dec 2019 08:50:34 -0600 by Wayfarer because: grammar

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

And yet every summer, we get treated to more and more sob story articles about all the big budget box office flops, too.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And yet every summer, we get treated to more and more sob story articles about all the big budget box office flops, too.

Yeah, that will happen for as long as there are news outlets needing to sell publications though.

People keep going and watching those movies, and they keep getting made regardless.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I doubt there will be another reboot of Charlie's Angels anytime soon.

They had a brilliant marketing strategy(sarc). Announce that the movie wasn't for men then cry when men didn't show up to watch it.

The new Terminator is another with androgynous thing and the girl that looked like she couldn't even hold a gun. Sarah Connor and Arnold were made into props they also killed off the previous chosen within the first few minutes of the movie.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Does this actress or actor think they speak on behalf of America or world? Do i think Trump is the greatest? no, and has done questionable things but no where this actress/actor is suggesting as a sane person i have an issue with?

edit on 11-12-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

but Annakin wasnt completely evil , he was the balance in the force he was the Grey knight

luke being his fathers son , exhibits the same tendency towards dark and light and continues the balance

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: CraftyArrow

It's not Disney.
I work in the Entertainment industry, at a University.

As per your statement: "Now it is about fake socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism, as well as fake identity politics"

Is there not creativity in their views as well as your views? Art sticks when it resonates with society.

Art sticks when it is taped to a wall with duct tape. I think artists think too much of themselves. Simply the arrogance of saying, "What I feel - everyone feels" is proof enough.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

If that was the case, it was a theme that should have been continued into the new films. Luke lost his way in training Jedi, opening the door to Ren and Snoke ... Rey.

Hermit Luke has his "Hello Darkness, my old friend" sojourn while everyone looks for him, and Rey runs into the fully realized Gray Knight Luke, not bitter old man Luke which could have been used as his facade like Yoda seemed like a senile swamp dweller at first.

All along, Rey should have been struggling against facets of her darker nature - her tragic past - like Anakin did, only Anakin lost his fight to become Vader. Luke's job should have been to guide her along accepting and embracing those past demons and darker facets without losing her better nature along the way - Gray. Heck, her name is even one phoneme away from from /g/ray - Rey.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
.... Gray. Heck, her name is even one phoneme away from from /g/ray - Rey.

Haha holy # you just blew my mind how the hell have I gone this long and not noticed this.....

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Johnson and Kenedy are both hacks. The trilogy was supposed to be that Luke would die in TLJ leaving Leia as the last jedi to train Rey in ROS where the jedi order ends and the name is replaced by Skywalker.

First off Ruin was a crapy writer that thought a two hour Spaceballs chase was a plot. He also decided to portray Luke in the worst possible way. There are tons of problems with what he wrote and directed but what doesn't get talked about is how he couldn't adjust the story when Carrie Fisher died. He should have let her die in the space scene instead of Marry Poppins her back to the ship and kept luke alive to have a Jedi train Rey in ROS.

Instead, they have been stuck trying to make a film around the footage of Fisher from TLJ. I think it was said they had maybe 10 minutes of cuts.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I don't understand why people are so bothered by the opinions of celebrities. Its been going on for decades and decades. I've never had my opinios influenced by celebrities and never found their opinions threatening or bothersome in any way.

Just can't wrap my mind around why anyone cares...

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I don't understand why people are so bothered by the opinions of celebrities. Its been going on for decades and decades. I've never had my opinios influenced by celebrities and never found their opinions threatening or bothersome in any way.

Just can't wrap my mind around why anyone cares...

It's annoying because their opinions are no more intelligent or informed than any of ours, a good deal less so in many cases, but because they are who and what they are, someone shoves a microphone in their faces and people act like they just re-wrote the gospels.

I mean you had Josh Brolin sunburning his butthole on the advice of some Instagram dude named Ra of Earth ... but at some point, I'm sure we've been treated to Josh's politics too as though he has 2 wits to rub together.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

It doesn't seem like your dislike of these people has had any negative affect on their lives though. They're fantastically wealthy and (seemingly) happy. They keep getting work, despite the belief so prevalently displayed here that actors espousing their own political/social view negatively impact the movies they're in. And whats got to bee even worse (or to be more accurate infuriating) for their detractors is they keep getting more work.

I can only ensure that I exclude things from my life that have a negative effect on me and include those things that have a positive effect. Hence I'll be passing on Star Wars. I don't care about the effect on raging piles of steaming horse manure like De Niro or any Star Wars actor.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

...I don't care about the effect on raging piles of steaming horse manure like De Niro or any Star Wars actor.

This seems disingenuous, as you clearly care enough to share your thoughts about it with us.
edit on 50am19famWed, 11 Dec 2019 11:44:16 -0600America/ChicagoWed, 11 Dec 2019 11:44:16 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is the same woman who just recently said her life experience was the same as John Boyega's. Go ahead and google their upbringings and then put this comment into context.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi

As a woman she is automatically a victim. Do not question!

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I refuse to watch them, too. I don't expect it to effect their lives. I just don't wanna see their movies. Democrats are the ones who will pile up outside your house and start screaming at the sky if they don't like you. Everyone else ignores you and goes about their day.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If they were telling a good story that was thematically consistent with a compelling set of characters not hampered by current PC idealism, I'd go see it, but ...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join