It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Star Wars Every Sane Person Has an Issue With President Donald Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: Bluntone22

If it costs $180 million to make Rise of Skywalker, and it grosses over $500 million, which it will. How could you call that a commercial flop?

You can't.

Not sure where you got the $180 million..
But I do know "according to box office mojo" the previous movie had a budget of $317 million and that doesn't include the advertising budget which I'm sure was over $150 million.

So if this one is even close to those numbers $500 would lose money especially considering the studio doesn't get all of the box office money.
That varies by movie and studio.

When you adjust for inflation...

1977 - Star Wars: A New Hope - $3,292,839,742
1980 - The Empire Strikes Back - $1,711,475,825
1983 - Return of the Jedi - $1,227,302,710
1999 - The Phantom Menace - $1,586,469,624
2002 - Attack of the Clones - $939,399,609
2005 - Revenge of the Sith - $1,118,722,299
2008 - The Clone Wars - $68,695,443
2015 - The Force Awakens - $2,068,223,624
2016 - Rogue One - $1,056,057,273
2017 - The Last Jedi - $1,332,539,889
2018 - Solo - $393,151,347

After Disney took over, it looks like people began to realize the BS they started putting in it. At the box office, the Disney's first release made almost as much as their next three made combined. Putting these stories out every year is killing it as well. It becomes boring. If you check out the franchise box office, it says there are still movies slated to release in 2022, 2024, and 2026. I hope someone with a backbone takes it over and starts making Star Wars like normal again.

If you adjust for inflation, in 1977, it only took 46 million to make A New Hope and they made almost 3.3 billion at the box office.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I don't know, I was only 1 when Empire Strikes Back came out, but it makes total sense. Hamill was irrelevant. Carrie Fisher was in a few good movies, i.e. The Burbs, but not much else. Ha!

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The early movies didn't have the Chinese money they have now either.

And I wasn't saying they weren't still well known but their careers paled in comparison to the early success. They became b list celebrities.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
First, any message out of hollyweird should be met with laughter....these are really strange and wealthy people who have lost their common sense and sense of reality.

Hollyweird is a majority liberal Democrat, then you do the exact opposite of those freaks

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Grimpachi

That doesn't affect if I will see a movie they are in.

Seriously ?

Politics has bled through the Star Wars franchise since it first aired.

White storm troopers=Nazis.

Religious cult that worships the force.

Hero that came from a broken home.

Ever sane person see's bullsnip for what it is.

I thought it was pretty obvious that the Empire was supposed to be the British Empire since they all spoke with a British accent. The rebels are the colonists. They speak with an American accent.

The prequel even picked this up with a tax/trade deal fomenting the whole uprising. Boston tea party? The rest of it's wwII dog fights, Flash Gordon and Joseph Campbell.
edit on 11-12-2019 by ultimafule because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

we dont want politics in our entertainment yet most of the greatest movies ever made were written with political themes relevant to their time

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ultimafule

you could pick the rebels and empire as any two sides opposed throughout human history , but the whole thing is just about good vs evil

since star wars is pretty much based entirely on eastern philosophy
its about the balance or duality of man

The Jungian thing sir

our ability to be both a force for good and for evil
and how those roles often intermix and clash and balance out
followed by the hermetic view of the the principle of polarity
that the pendulum swings both positive and negative seeking a balance

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

we dont want politics in our entertainment yet most of the greatest movies ever made were written with political themes relevant to their time

You don't see a difference between the subtle political themes of the past and the blatant attacks of today?

Imagine if the original Star Wars had the evil emperor say "I'm a leader, for a change!". That would be a direct attack against the US president, that's what we have in entertainment today. Direct attacks against half the country, saying they are evil.
edit on 11-12-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Would have been really cool for Luke to have been a Gray Master then, and not called himself a Jedi at all, finally unlocking in his exile how to bring balance to the force ... something he teaches to Rey who then takes that new teaching out into the galaxy to defeat Ren and Snoke, possibly redeeming Ren along the way.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

well I guess that's hollywood for you.

Haven't they always been attacking the US government in films ?

a few films from the Bush era certainly made as much fun as him as they have Donald .
Film makers always put their own ideas or agendas into movies .

however , given that none of us have even seen the new star wars , you cant just assume its anti - conservative
or anti trump

just because one actress from the movie decided to air her political views.

Anyways what kind of a line is " i am a leader , for a change " No emperor would say # like that.

how is it a direct attack?

A direct attack is well Direct and not done through the medium of sci fi movies
thats just art representing real life happens all the time .

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

thing is though luke didnt bring balance to the force, Vader did
by defeating the emperor

Anakin was always the chosen one not luke

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The early movies didn't have the Chinese money they have now either.

And I wasn't saying they weren't still well known but their careers paled in comparison to the early success. They became b list celebrities.

I know. I don't remember Mark Hamill in anything after Star Wars. The first time I noticed him in a movie since then was Knightfall where he was an old crotchety knight, and it looked like they added a touch of Yoda to his moves.

Out of curiosity, I just looked at his movies since Star Wars and there are about 40. But 98% of those are cartoons. No wonder he wants to be relevant. He's listed in playing in the newest Child's Play, which happened to be a HUGE flop as well. 45 million worldwide. Child's Play (1988) got nearly a billion.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Anyway the new disney ones will be pretty # , because of teh whole canon characters deal that lucas arts has with disney and the original cast members and their characters

Disney wont pay the license costs from lucas arts for the original characters so they willl just kill them all off and start with all new shiny disney characters that appeal to their target audiences

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

harrison ford was obviously the golden actor from star wars , made so many movies
Luke hamill could have went the same way but just didnt have the same appeal as ford

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

I have to laugh at her thinking that we are all sane

everyone on earth is slightly crazy
denying this to yourself then you are a liar

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This is not the movie we want, but it’s what we deserve...
FWIW I would see this 100%

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I was finally able to deconstruct the title. I understand now. It was probably that nasty media, not reporting correctly. What was probably said by the young actress was:

"Every Sane Person in Hollywood Has an Issue With President Donald Trump".

Now, that makes perfect sense, since we know, few in Hollywood are sane.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

It's also well known as being a haven for pedophilia yet not a single democrat says one word or looks one ounce into it. Even after all of the stories that have come out.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The new movies are Awesome. Even Solo.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

harrison ford was obviously the golden actor from star wars , made so many movies
Luke hamill could have went the same way but just didnt have the same appeal as ford

Hamill did play in The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia but it was a complete flop. And it even had Dennis Quaid in it. Ford was definitely the golden actor. Hell, he made two of his biggest movies, Blade Runner and The Temple of Doom, in between three of his biggest movies. Ford is one of the reasons The Force Awakens drew so much.

Once the new Ghostbusters releases, watch how much more it makes than the one with all girls, because most of the original cast will be back.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join