It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Star Wars Every Sane Person Has an Issue With President Donald Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

originally posted by: Ironclad1964

originally posted by: Nickn3
Perhaps I’ll pass on seeing that next movie.

I'll be passing on it anyway..

In 10 to 20 years time, when all this progressive, liberal crap has run its course and someone re-boots the franchise and makes movies that don't induce vomiting, I'll return to it.

Right on, Ghostbustrser 2016 didn't count..... I bet neither will Disney Star Wars Trilogy.

Definitely once it's produced and written to follow the real Star Wars from before, it will be great. I love how Ghostbusters is coming back out with the real Ghostbusters.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Wayfarer

You do realize Disney is a huge company and star wars is only part of it right?

Sure but you can't use data-points to make generalizations about the whole company and then crow at me when I do the same, its obviously hypocritical.

I was only talking about the Disney star wars division. Disney owns marvel too which I pointed out earlier was doing fine.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Oh Disney thank you for being a moral bastion, I mean it's not like you guys exploit children at all.

We can all rest easy now, everything going to be alright.

link   
The only person you would ever not have an issue with is a perfect one.

No one is perfect.

What an incredibly simplistic thing to say.

link   
Y MICKEY NO PRESIDENT?

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

You do realize Disney is a huge company and star wars is only part of it right?

Sure but you can't use data-points to make generalizations about the whole company and then crow at me when I do the same, its obviously hypocritical.

I was only talking about the Disney star wars division. Disney owns marvel too which I pointed out earlier was doing fine.

Ok, then I apologize if I misunderstood the thrust of your message.

I'd still proffer trying to ascertain the precise cause for why a movie tanks is at best a though exercise with enough variables that one will never be certain the exact cause.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Based on merit, the Disney star wars are complete trash.

Clunky, inconsistent, horribly developed characters, bad acting, writing with political ideology shoe-horned in for good measure.

What does a cheap imitation cash grab for a film have to to with trump anyway? Is it trumps fault star wars sucks now?

This...

Disney's takeover of Star Wars hurt the franchise as bad as the politically charged actors did. They should stick to Puppy Dog Pals, Vampirina, Doc McStuffins, etc. They have their politics in those already, too.

link   
Newsflash!! This just in... Daisy Ridley is an idiot!

link   

No worries..

But...you can listen to what the fans are saying as to why the trend is downward.

Marvel is next...
The spiral is coming.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: Trueman

Can't get much more popoluar than starring in Star Wars lol

I didn't know her name until I read this thread. So, yeah, you can.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

If Disney would relearn the art of good storytelling instead of committing to moral mystery plays combined with strong polemic, it wouldn't matter as much.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: Trueman

Can't get much more popoluar than starring in Star Wars lol

I didn't know her name until I read this thread. So, yeah, you can.

Wasn't there an old joke about how star wars killed every actor's career except harrison ford?

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Mark Hamil still has a successful career as a voice actor.

The Joker, Wolverine, Green goblin, a sith lord on clone wars, Avatar, how to train a dragon series, and several video games.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Bluntone22

Mark Hamil still has a successful career as a voice actor.

The Joker, Wolverine, Green goblin, a sith lord on clone wars, Avatar, how to train a dragon series, and several video games.

Yeah, but... put his face on the screen, he's still Luke Skywalker lol.

I think Disney new Star Wars actors might get a pass on this stigma, because their SJW Trilogy is crap. Most people don't know who Daisy Ridley is.... tis a shame.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

I can't see anything wrong with having an opinion. In fact, according to US law covering freedom of speech, she has a right to say what she wants - right, wrong or whatever.

I also have many issues with Donald Trump, both as a person and as a political leader. In doing so, there's no intention to insult those who don't see things my way.

I don't think that being a snowflake about people having issues with Trump is particularly valid reason to doubt the entertainment value of a movie. Yes, I thought Solo was not a greatly entertaining movie but I have been impressed with "The Mandalorian" TV series so far, who knows, perhaps there may be redeeming features in this other 'Disney' release?

edit on 10/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
I think we are dancing around the problem.

Well, you kindof have to when you risk getting banned for pointing out certain coincidences.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Damn near as stupid as the point of the little dumbass virtue signalling in the first place. Essentially she's trying to say "You may not like the movie, you may be among the millions of people who still believe the prequel trilogies shat upon everything that drew us into the series as kids during the original trilogy, those who got sick to death of George Lucas constant futzing with rereleased scenes of SW movies, folks who are disgusted by the multiheaded monster Disney has become and don't want to support that type of nonsense, etc, but you agree with my politics so you should pay to see my movie!"

Look, I agree with you. I don't let the vapidity of one or two Hollywood morons decide whether I will see a movie or not (music is a different story, though)... but my God let's not entirely lose sight of the fact that these stars who make these statements are using politics to increase their audience, making it hypocritical for them to complain when the same politics also drive people away from being in their audience. Let's also not insult each other's intelligence by assuming that there aren't a number of valid reasons for each individual to be disinterested in this movie without even considering the politics of the actors.

I like Star Wars as a kid... I wasn't old enough to have seen any of them in the theaters. When Phantom Menace came out I wanted to be amazed, finally seeing a Star Wars movie on the big screen... instead Lucas crapped down the back of our necks and gave us garbage. God forgives, Burd doesn't. Star Wars is dead to me.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Every sane person has a problem with these garbage SW movies DAISY. Any SANE person does.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
I have 'issues' with people I like! and I bet most of us do. Nothing wrong with what she said, people going overboard as usual.

Boycotting a movie because of different politics or 'someone said something I don't like' is ridiculous, bunch of babies!

No it's not. It's standing up for what you believe in. Calling everyone and begging people on social media to boycott is what makes you a baby. Democrats do it all the time, they're always too scared to stand alone.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

When you consider they paid $4 billion for the rights to star wars it does have some perspective.
And yes, if the third movie makes half the box office that the first movie did it's considered a flop in the eyes of Disney.

Solo flopped.
The theme park is empty.
Disney is sweating bullets..

They wouldn't be sweating bullets if they would stop trying to please the minority PC crowd. These people bitched because Toy Story didn't have a black character in it, or a queer toy. They live to complain and the sooner big companies start ignoring them, the sooner they can stop sweating bullets and get back to making billions and billions.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join