It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Star Wars Every Sane Person Has an Issue With President Donald Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Breaking: President Trump's USMCA trade deal is now a DONE DEAL.

www.foxbusiness.com...

Too successful. Impeach him!

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: Bluntone22

I feel like no one, anywhere, would bet money on this movie flopping. It won't. It will be huge regardless of politics, poor plotlines, bad acting, etc.

Also, Daisy is just voicing what the rest of the world thinks about Donald Trump. He seems outwardly insane and ridiculous.

Let's talk perspective.

Avengers.....$1.50 billion
Avengers 2...$1.40 billion 6% drop only $100 million
Avengers 3...$2.00 billion. 34% rise over origional
Avengers 4...$2.79 billion. 87% rise over origional

See the trend?

Force awakens....$2.07 billion
Last Jedi...........$1.33 billion...35% drop

Solo....flopped..

Rise of Skywalker????? How much drop would you consider a flop?
Will this one hit a billion?

I know the execs at Disney wanted much better results.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The Avengers series plays well in China, Star Wars has historically performed poorly there. Not to say there wasn't a domestic drop from 7 to 8 but the huge numbers for the former series are because it has more world wide appeal.

edit on 10-12-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I feel like no one, anywhere, would bet money on this movie flopping. It won't. It will be huge regardless of politics, poor plotlines, bad acting, etc.

Also, Daisy is just voicing what the rest of the world thinks about Donald Trump. He seems outwardly insane and ridiculous.

Let's talk perspective.

Avengers.....$1.50 billion
Avengers 2...$1.40 billion 6% drop only $100 million
Avengers 3...$2.00 billion. 34% rise over origional
Avengers 4...$2.79 billion. 87% rise over origional

See the trend?

Force awakens....$2.07 billion
Last Jedi...........$1.33 billion...35% drop

Solo....flopped..

Rise of Skywalker????? How much drop would you consider a flop?
Will this one hit a billion?

I know the execs at Disney wanted much better results.

So your perspective is 1 billion in take is a flop? Methinks you need to re-assess your own perspective before saying that again........

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It wasn't just the movie it was the franchising that took a huge hit. Hell, they still have Rose Tico figures in bargain bins across the country.

There were literally tons and tons of Star Wars merchandise that were sent to recycling shredders.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Obama has nothing to do with this, I don't even know wtf he does nowadays, so there's no reason she should be talking about him.

If she said ''every sane person should hate Trump'' I would not be commenting and it would be a different matter. What she did say though is perfectly fine and normal, unless you worship someone, which isn't sane at all!

You are interpreting what she said in a negative way, it's a presumption on yours and others parts, nothing more.

When Obama was president no one ever made these comments. If you can show me all the negative Hollywood comments against Obama I am willing to see them. If you show me this woman making these comments against liberals she likes I am willing to see them. Until then, Occam's Razor.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

If it costs $180 million to make Rise of Skywalker, and it grosses over $500 million, which it will. How could you call that a commercial flop?

You can't.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

When you consider they paid $4 billion for the rights to star wars it does have some perspective.
And yes, if the third movie makes half the box office that the first movie did it's considered a flop in the eyes of Disney.

Solo flopped.
The theme park is empty.
Disney is sweating bullets..

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

When you consider they paid $4 billion for the rights to star wars it does have some perspective.
And yes, if the third movie makes half the box office that the first movie did it's considered a flop in the eyes of Disney.

Solo flopped.
The theme park is empty.
Disney is sweating bullets..

Are they? Disney Stock Price and Trend sure doesn't agree with you.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Daisy Ridley has an opinion and gets to announce it to the world. Any sane person disregards all Hollywoodian comments from entertainers who spend half their lives in a fantasy world. This fantasy world includes professional sports. The Hollywoodians know they are eminently replaceable and are caught in the winds of political correctness, so they say what they think will keep them employed whether they believe it or not.

As to Star Wars, the first movie was the best. The second got a little cutesy and then it was downhill after that. Plots deteriorated as special effects improved. Now, there seems to be little need for a plot as we are dazzled by continuing special effects. This seemed to sell but now even that is fading. Remakes of old movies are indicative of the lack of imagination and talent in the entertainment industry. Soon, CGI will eliminate the need for movie actors, altogether, and may make things more profitable yet. "Learn to code" is good advice for those who want to get into movies.

"May the Box Office Force be with you" say the moguls of Hollywood.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
The second got a little cutesy...

The Empire Strikes Back was anything but 'cutesy'.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I thought this theater smelled bad on the outside!

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The total worldwide gross on Solo was 315 mil.

Original budget 250 mil
Reshoots 200 mil
Advertising costs 100 mil
Theater take 200 mil

Solo was a huge loss.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You do realize Disney is a huge company and star wars is only part of it right?

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I thought this theater smelled bad on the outside!

Stop! Before you trigger me some more.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Look at that privilege going to work... Lazy Daisy ruined the franchise film along with Disney. It's a real shame that some of the richest people in the world can be so butthurt by someone that they focus all of their time on making that person look bad.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You do realize Disney is a huge company and star wars is only part of it right?

Sure but you can't use data-points to make generalizations about the whole company and then crow at me when I do the same, its obviously hypocritical.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: CraftyArrow

It's not Disney.
I work in the Entertainment industry, at a University.

As per your statement: "Now it is about fake socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism, as well as fake identity politics"

Is there not creativity in their views as well as your views? Art sticks when it resonates with society.

No, it's not creativity at all. Creativity draws favorable attention from all of us. That's why you don't insult half of the country and call it creative. What was political about A New Hope? Empire Strikes Back? Return of the Jedi? Any other Sci-Fi movie prior to 2009? It takes a true mentally challenged person to mix Sci-Fi with politics.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, you are correct. It was the third movie that had the Ewoks.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

If it costs $180 million to make Rise of Skywalker, and it grosses over $500 million, which it will. How could you call that a commercial flop?

You can't.

Not sure where you got the $180 million..
But I do know "according to box office mojo" the previous movie had a budget of $317 million and that doesn't include the advertising budget which I'm sure was over $150 million.

So if this one is even close to those numbers $500 would lose money especially considering the studio doesn't get all of the box office money.
That varies by movie and studio.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join