It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Star Wars Every Sane Person Has an Issue With President Donald Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Mine do.. Heath Ledger is a *expletive deleted* *expletive delteded * *expletive deleted* wanker.

I cannnot stand any movies he's in. and he's friggen dead..

edit on 10-12-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I know this is hard for you Neo but all the sentences in my post addressed the issue not the one you singled out to rant about.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I have 'issues' with people I like! and I bet most of us do. Nothing wrong with what she said, people going overboard as usual.

Boycotting a movie because of different politics or 'someone said something I don't like' is ridiculous, bunch of babies!

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Well they already know it's going to flop so she does a preemptive strike to spin the blame towards politics instead of admitting the movie just plain sucks.

That is a very real possibility. I heard they had up to 6 different final cuts and test audiences were walking out of 4 of those screenings it was so bad. The rumor was that most of it came from blowing up the Millennium Falcon and all the old characters in a one shot kill. Star Wars the snuff film some were saying.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Notice how it's never "every sane person has an issue with Obama"? I agree with the interpretation you have being not a big deal, I just do not think that is what she meant.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I'm hoping if/when the Emperor appears he has an orange-y complexion and really bad hair.

edit on 10-12-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because a sasquatch stole it

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Obama has nothing to do with this, I don't even know wtf he does nowadays, so there's no reason she should be talking about him.

If she said ''every sane person should hate Trump'' I would not be commenting and it would be a different matter. What she did say though is perfectly fine and normal, unless you worship someone, which isn't sane at all!

You are interpreting what she said in a negative way, it's a presumption on yours and others parts, nothing more.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Every sane person probably does have issues with Trump.

Voted for Trump in 2016 and will do so again in 2020.

I am sane and I have issues with Trump. Like he should stop tweeting all the damn time for one.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I heard they had up to 6 different final cuts and test audiences were walking out of 4 of those screenings it was so bad. The rumor was that most of it came from blowing up the Millennium Falcon and all the old characters in a one shot kill. Star Wars the snuff film some were saying.

There were no test screenings for Episode 9, only Abrams' family and friends saw it.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
Every sane person probably does have issues with Trump.

Voted for Trump in 2016 and will do so again in 2020.

I am sane and I have issues with Trump. Like he should stop tweeting all the damn time for one.

Why? He tweets from his own account. That's what twitter is for.

Id' rather a real person be the person we see, than someone hidden away ala glorious leader.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I heard they had up to 6 different final cuts and test audiences were walking out of 4 of those screenings it was so bad. The rumor was that most of it came from blowing up the Millennium Falcon and all the old characters in a one shot kill. Star Wars the snuff film some were saying.

There were no test screenings for Episode 9, only Abrams' family and friends saw it.

I'm not sure I buy that one.
Jj says that but there are way to many leaks and rumors out there for nobody to have seen the movie.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I do, since internet jerkoffs love to spoil films for everyone.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I'm not sure I buy that one.
Jj says that but there are way to many leaks and rumors out there for nobody to have seen the movie.

Yeah, I have to agree here. When I'm on lunch at work I tend to watch some youtube videos, and I've seen quite a few talking about the test screenings and the reactions to them. The most common thing said I definitely agree with, which is there's no way a movie this big didn't get any test screenings. They're only claiming there isn't because they not only want to prevent the leaks, but if the leaks are true then, well, nothing good will come of it.

edit on 10-12-2019 by Necrobile because: bad morning grammar ;_;

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

So basically her argument is "Trump makes me angry".

So Sane...........

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This thread in a nutshell:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
I have 'issues' with people I like! and I bet most of us do. Nothing wrong with what she said, people going overboard as usual.

Boycotting a movie because of different politics or 'someone said something I don't like' is ridiculous, bunch of babies!

Is it being a baby to boycott Chick-A-Filet?

Is it being a baby to boycott a pizza parlour and run them out of business who never denied anyone anything, but said they "might not" cater a gay wedding?

Is it being a baby to boycott a flower shop and run it out of business who had several long term gay employees, because they wouldn't do flowers for a gay wedding? And put the long term gay employees out of work in the process? That's ok if you are a progressive/liberal right?

If you think it is ok to boycott all of the above.

Then it is ok to politically boycott anyone whose politics you don't like.

There is absolutely no difference. Not going to see a movie or watch a TV show because you don't like the politics of and nasty rhetoric of an actor/director/etc or even the show itself which degrades your political views and you yourself - is exactly the same thing. Exactly.

To be fair and honest you would have to say that if Trump were in a movie or TV show you would be sure to tune in and would not boycott it, out of fairness and not to boycott for political reasons.

edit on 12/10/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

So you must think it was good to boycott all those things too right? or is it just this one thing because it fits your views? it's ok I already know the answer!

People can do as they please, and I am free to call them ridiculous!

I'm not so petty and child like that I would not watch a movie or listen to a band because someone who is politically different and I disagree with or dislike is in them. it's pathetic!

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I feel like no one, anywhere, would bet money on this movie flopping. It won't. It will be huge regardless of politics, poor plotlines, bad acting, etc.

Also, Daisy is just voicing what the rest of the world thinks about Donald Trump. He seems outwardly insane and ridiculous.
edit on 10-12-2019 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
There is a lot to be angry about with how Disney has treated Star Wars. Th e new cast actors' opinion is not a big deal to me.

On the other hand when Kathleen Kenedy did an interview with Rolling stone and claimed this.

“Every one of these movies is a particularly hard nut to crack,” Kennedy explained. “There’s no source material. We don’t have comic books. We don’t have 800-page novels. We don’t have anything other than passionate storytellers who get together and talk about what the next iteration might be.”

I began to wonder if the alien invasion has already begun.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Did she really say that? that's insane!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join