It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Star Wars Every Sane Person Has an Issue With President Donald Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

That looks pretty good. Slimmer rocks.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

No sane person would be happy with the direction Star Wars has taken.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I love the stupidity of this “I don’t like their politics so am not going to watch the movie I may otherwise enjoy”

I don’t agree with Kevin Spacey touching whoever he was inappropriately touching but baby driver was still a good movie.

Judge the movie based on its merits and not the politics of the lead female which you happen to disagree with.

I would agree, except it is an industry problem. Many movies/shows today put these thoughts into the actual product. They will take something that is a Conservative slogan, like Make America Great Again, and put it into the writing so that some evil Tyrant says Make our Empire Great Again, and him and all his followers are evil. I don't want politics of either kind in my entertainment, keep it out, or I will boycott them. It has gone to such an extreme it is almost impossible to find a TV show that does not paint Conservatives as evil, or push a progressive agenda.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   
trump is clearly not some star wars villain,

he's a comic book villain, he's obviously lex luther, but with no superman to stop him!

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I love the stupidity of this “I don’t like their politics so am not going to watch the movie I may otherwise enjoy”

I don’t agree with Kevin Spacey touching whoever he was inappropriately touching but baby driver was still a good movie.

Judge the movie based on its merits and not the politics of the lead female which you happen to disagree with.

My friend and I would probably rather play cards anyway.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

If an actor or actress has grossly insulted you, you can not watch them perform without being disgusted.

This happened to me with Jane Fonda. I went to hear her speak in the 1970's and asked a question that was never answered and she was ushered off stage. I personally knew people who were tortured as a direct result of actions she took in Vietnam. I could not and can not watch anything she is in without getting upset. I don't care how "good" her work was, it was totally and completely ruined by her actions.

A movie can not be judged on its merits if you despise a lead actor or actress, if the very sight of them reminds you of something terrible they said or did.

I also will not pay the salary of any actor or actress who has grossly insulted me by the things they have done or said. No dumb movie or TV show is good enough to get me to pay their salary.

My husband and I will turn off a TV show that insults our belief system or makes fun of our belief systems, political or moral. We don't want to be preached at when we are being entertained. Yes, preached. Way too many movies and TV shows are preaching liberal morals of the day in their shows and insulting people who don't agree with the "moral of the day" that changes way too regularly. We won't even go to a movie that will insult us because we are conservatives or that is overtly preachy and full of progressive liberal ever changing morals of the day.

edit on 12/10/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Good for you but sorry to burst your bubble I am betting Daisy has already been paid, as for getting upset do you actually mean crying over something an actor did or just raging/angry, either way, dam, that sounds rather childish maybe counseling would help.

Not that I am blind to hollywierd but to take it to heart as you seem to imply you do seems a little OTT, life is far to short to worry about such non entities, worry about you kids, your wife/husband or your own health.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Perhaps? The first two didn't convince you? I didn't need Daisy to open her mouth off-set to convince me that seeing a new Star Wars movie was a waste of my time.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: Trueman

Can't get much more popoluar than starring in Star Wars lol

Your post is valid only if you're talking about the first one.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The new Star Wars films are still pretty "popular." The plot was designed by committee and the writing was all over the place, but it's still earned Disney billions. I'll take a look again if they do something with the Old Republic. The Skywalker saga was played out at the end of the first trilogy and I'm bored with Force Jesus and the chosen one narrative. Of course, I'm bored with "the chosen one" as a narrative in any book or film and that's pretty much the only story Hollywood knows how to tell, so I play a lot of tabletop. Wankers.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: The2Billies

Good for you but sorry to burst your bubble I am betting Daisy has already been paid, as for getting upset do you actually mean crying over something an actor did or just raging/angry, either way, dam, that sounds rather childish maybe counseling would help.

Not that I am blind to hollywierd but to take it to heart as you seem to imply you do seems a little OTT, life is far to short to worry about such non entities, worry about you kids, your wife/husband or your own health.

You may think it is childish. But to boycott movies and TV shows that preach to me about the "moral of the day" is not my idea of entertainment and the correct thing to do.

I have no obligation to watch (which ends up paying the salaries through residuals) anyone who says or does something I find disgusting or that insults me. They are free to insult me all they want. I am free to find their face repellent after they do so and boycott and not be able to enjoy their "entertainment"

Do you hate it when people preach at you "for your own good" and "to teach you a life lesson you need to learn"? Well so do I.

Just because the preachy material is progressive/liberal doesn't make it not preachy and attempting to convert me to the "moral of the day". Get real.

It is not a mental issue to loath being preached at or made fun of or told you are whatever horrid thing. Why should I support that by paying to watch the person or show/movie that does that?

It is like saying, you don't like to be preached at. Well you have a real problem if you don't want to hear this religious person preach. They are getting money anyway, so you are just being plain weird and need counseling if you object to listening to them or watching them on TV. It is exactly the same thing when one says that people need counseling for not wanting to be preached at instead of entertained by movies/TV shows, or watch entertainers who do grossly insult you.

I tell you what, you gleefully watch late night TV preachers and promise me you will do so for a solid week and I'll watch one of your dumb preachy movies that are attempting to convert me to the religion of progressive liberalism.

edit on 12/10/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

That doesn't affect if I will see a movie they are in.

Seriously ?

Politics has bled through the Star Wars franchise since it first aired.

White storm troopers=Nazis.

Religious cult that worships the force.

Hero that came from a broken home.

Ever sane person see's bullsnip for what it is.
edit on 10-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Great news, now I can get a seat on opening night since she triggered people into not going.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Great news, now I can get a seat on opening night since she triggered people into not going.

I already wasn't going because every Star Wars since the original has been terrible. Jar Jar still gives me nightmares.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Even better, one less person to talk at the screen.

edit on 10-12-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because a sasquatch stole it

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Well they already know it's going to flop so she does a preemptive strike to spin the blame towards politics instead of admitting the movie just plain sucks.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

I tell you what, you gleefully watch late night TV preachers and promise me you will do so for a solid week and I'll watch one of your dumb preachy movies that are attempting to convert me to the religion of progressive liberalism.

not any of my 'dumb preachy movies' (i didnt make them) and I myself did not like TLJ nothing to do wih the cast just a poor film, IMO, having a child of the age who the movie was aimed at makes it hard for me to refuse but the cast chosen to act has little to no bearing on my sons enjoymnet or my dislike of the movie.

Who honestly cares what an actor has to say and futhermore who cares what any politician has to say both sets are equally unimportant to my day to day life.

We dont really have late night preachers on TV in the UK we have a long running program on a sunday called Songs Of Praise, i have no issue watching that and i take the good from it as oppossed to thinking i am being brain washed into some liberal or conservative belief, my mind is my own and no one on the TV really changes my outlook. TV in any form is entertainment, wether it is deemed good or bad is down to your own satisfaction, I loved The Sopranos but i didnt like the last episode but i didnt take to twitter to demand a reshoot.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Time for a lot of "so called dumb" Americans, the only ones that actually watch Disney shows, to Ban Disney for allowing this kind of activity by their actors and creators of their shows.

I will start by unsubscribing to the Disney channel myself. It does not matter if anyone follows suit, I just do not want to be connected to them because of the way the company is acting in hiring politically oriented actors and producers.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Perhaps I’ll pass on seeing that next movie.

Perhaps? Like, you even had to consider not seeing it?

I mean thats like me saying "Perhaps I'll forgo this chilli curry stew I'm about it eat."

I know it will save me having to feel the crappers in the morning, but there is no need to actually say it.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

You sound like part of the problem.

GET WOK BRAUUUH...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join