It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Star Wars Every Sane Person Has an Issue With President Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Two weeks before the "biggest film of the year," Daisy Ridley Insults 63 Million People!

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker actress Daisy Ridley recently stated that “every sane person” has an issue with President Donald Trump.

boundingintocomics.com...

In an interview with The Guardian, Ridley was asked if Disney restricts what she can talk about publicly.

She responded:

“No. I don’t feel I have to edit what I say – the things that make me angry are the things that make everyone angry.”

She continued:

“Everyone is annoyed with [Boris Johnson]. Everyone has an issue with Trump – every sane person anyway.”

Daisy Ridley isn't even American, so I'm guessing she just echoing what she hears on the Disney Star Wars set...

with John Boyega being upset at Donald J. Trump over "racially-charged violence."...

Mark Hamill compared Trump to a Chucky doll, and something about Ivanka being a 'fraud' for a photo with her son dressed as a Stormtrooper.

Kathleen Kennedy the force is female, saying Episode IX is about villainizing Trump. disneystarwarsisdumb.wordpress.com...

The entertainment industry used to be about creativity. Now it is about fake socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism, as well as fake identity politics ( which i littered in Disney Star Wars Trilogy ).

It seems Trump will be the main villain in the film.... when in reality it's Disney as the evil Empire.

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Perhaps I’ll pass on seeing that next movie.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

No different than that other silly tw*t from capt marvel. I'm sure disney would prefer they keep their traps shut. But their "wokeness" must be heard!

Typical Hollywood Muppets.
edit on 10-12-2019 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I was already planning to skip this one. There was no way they could fix the stupid story from the last episode anyway. Besides, my father-in-law always told me not to reward bad behavior.

edit on 2019/12/10 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

It's not Disney.
I work in the Entertainment industry, at a University.

As per your statement: "Now it is about fake socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism, as well as fake identity politics"

Is there not creativity in their views as well as your views? Art sticks when it resonates with society.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I was already planning to skip this one. There was no way they could fix the stupid story from the last episode anyway. Besides, my father-in-law always told me not to reward bad behavior.

So sad you had to learn it from your Father in Law.

+31 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

You sound like part of the problem.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

You sound like part of the problem.

I think we are dancing around the problem.
For the record I enjoy most of the posts of yours I've seen.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

I'll be passing on it anyway..

In 10 to 20 years time, when all this progressive, liberal crap has run its course and someone re-boots the franchise and makes movies that don't induce vomiting, I'll return to it.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ironclad1964

originally posted by: Nickn3

I'll be passing on it anyway..

In 10 to 20 years time, when all this progressive, liberal crap has run its course and someone re-boots the franchise and makes movies that don't induce vomiting, I'll return to it.

Right on, Ghostbustrser 2016 didn't count..... I bet neither will Disney Star Wars Trilogy.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I love the stupidity of this “I don’t like their politics so am not going to watch the movie I may otherwise enjoy”

I don’t agree with Kevin Spacey touching whoever he was inappropriately touching but baby driver was still a good movie.

Judge the movie based on its merits and not the politics of the lead female which you happen to disagree with.
edit on 10-12-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Making your opinion known via your wallet is more effective than speaking about it. Especially when there are so many movies with massive budgets absolutely bombing lately.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I don't care what an actors politics are. That doesn't affect if I will see a movie they are in. A director, producer, or writer will.

The actors act. Their politics don't bleed through on the screen.

As for Star Wars the snuff film trilogy I was sick of it with TLJ. I am done with them. Their politics isn't what did it. They could have snuck in all their sjw content and I would have clapped if it was done well but they didn't. The plot and directing was all crap in TLJ. The visuals were beautiful but the story was garbage.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   

But It does affect how much you enjoy the movie. I loved Stranger Things season 1. But after that ridículous acceptance speech at the SAGs awards, everytime the sheriff was on screen I Just saw a bloviating idiot.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Based on merit, the Disney star wars are complete trash.

Clunky, inconsistent, horribly developed characters, bad acting, writing with political ideology shoe-horned in for good measure.

What does a cheap imitation cash grab for a film have to to with trump anyway? Is it trumps fault star wars sucks now?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Another Hollywood idiot trying to become more popular.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Can't get much more popoluar than starring in Star Wars lol

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   

every sane person anyway

edit on 10-12-2019 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Oh look, its snowing!

Nope, just another snowflake. Must be trump-melting season.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
There is still hope for star wars.

A new Ghost Busters is coming out and sony decided to completely nix the 2016 flop.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join