It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Push bike clearly defined on ancient Indian temple

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
When many people get asked what is the most efficient machine ever made most would say the Push bike. In its basic form its simple and easily maintained, in the modern era the first was made by a skilled blacksmith. India has a history of highly skilled craftmanship so why wouldn't this wonder have been tried by someone when the means were available.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

S&F but you got you wonder what the spokes and tires were made of ? The Egyptians had all kinds of troubles trying to get the wheels on their Chariots to not fall or burn off for a very long time until they finally figured it out.. The spokes were always a problem .

Bicycle is great and used for a carry-all when a person is not riding it..

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Seems the Golden Ages are long gone. Distant Epochs of ancient times, many thousands of years past. Mostly the only true history has been carved in stone.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Probably because there was no place smooth to ride it was my first guess. One of the first bikes invented was called the Boneshaker for a reason. The ride sucked.

Willing to bet the bike was invented a couple thousand years ago but with with no rubber wheels or smooth roads they probably scrapped the idea in the trash. I know I have seen videos of pedals on a primitive gear system for moving water for irrigation dating back way older than the modern bicycle. They knew about gears. Without rubber though and many smooth roads just easier to get on a horse and go wherever.
edit on 10-12-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The carving has probably been added to the temple at a moch later time, like the carving of the astronaut.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Seems like it wasn't a popular use artifact. Had to be an unpleasant experience to ride it.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

this tail lacks provenance - thats the polite answer

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

this tail lacks provenance - thats the polite answer

Some modern restorative stonemason/sculpturer having a laugh?

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

The official explanation is the temple was renovated in 1920 and the bicycle added then.

Makes perfect sense to me.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
All I want to know is... where was he going??

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I can't wait until some future civilisation finds this:

www.atlasobscura.com...

That would have some folks scratching their heads

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Fascinating and I like that kid's channel for some of the videos me makes BUT i tend to be very cautious on this one as a lot of those temples have had re-carving done and new carvings added over the century's even the most ancient sites since they remained in daily use.
EXACTLY as Nickn3 has already pointed out.

That said 727Sky makes a good point.

Now call this a guess BUT if it was real and I don't for one second believe that sculpture is any older than a little over a century's at most then Cane could could be used in place of spokes with strip's of wood or cane wood to make the wheel rim, the frame could also be made of cane, it's like, durable (not that durable but enough) and cheap as it grows in many parts of Asia in a great number of variety's.
The Egyptians had only reed which is not strong enough of course so had to develop there spokes BUT in Asia Cane has been used like forever for all manner of projects, it is still used today in china for scaffolding even on new sky scrapers.

As for how old the wheel is, well have a look at this and let your mind be a little bit free.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   

The area of pillar that this is on looks very black.
Only around the bicycle is black the rest of the pillar is normal stone colour.

Big BIG red flag right there.

As has already been said, someone's having a laugh

new topics

top topics

join