It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resurrection of the Dead and Soul Control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

"according to your belief, let it be so" is repeated elsewhere

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." Matthew 21:22

He means exactly that. Belief will produce results. If you do not believe that, that is the problem.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. Yes, Jesus said if you believe in HIM, he will answer your prayers, but what does that have to do with the topic of Elijah vs. John?

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Luke 1:17 - 17 And he (John) shall go before him (Jesus) in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

The "spirit and power" of both Elijah and John was the work of God's Holy Spirit that worked through both of them to prepare a path for the followers of their times.

Although I think it is ancillary whether it was the Spirit of Elijah, the embodiment of Elijah, or both, for the sake of this thread I think it is worth making the distinction. Jesus himself said John was Elijah who was to come before him:

"And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come." Matthew 11:14

But considering John denied that he was Elijah, he either didn't recognize he had the Spirit of Elijah, or he was saying on the matter-of-fact basis that he was not literally Elijah. The deeper importance beyond this nuance is that the Spirit of Elijah prepares for the Cross. "Elijah" means 'my God is YHWH'. To realize the authenticity of the Old Testament - God's Creation, promise for salvation, and so, prepares the Passover that Jesus would fulfill as the sacrificial lamb. Believing in God's word prepares for the transformation that Astrocyte described briefly in the OP. If you believe you are a mutant material accident, then you don't believe in the Higher Order creating matter... You instead believe in matter imagining an arbitrary farcical higher order.

"Repetance", meaning 'to change your mind' is required to prepare for the Christ. If you believe your ancestors were mutant fish, you can't also believe your ancestry is with God. Trying to mix the two is the same mixing that Jesus warns will spoil the whole batch. The original Elijah presented the people with a binary option: Do you worship Baal or God? So too - do you believe we came from mutant fish, or do you believe we came from God? If you believe the latter, your being will begin to integrate with miraculous occurrences. If you believe you are a mutant, then you will remain mutated away from God's intent.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

The deeper importance beyond this nuance is that the Spirit of Elijah prepares for the Cross.

That's the key and the solution to the entire mystery...that the Holy Spirit is the one working in this situation through both Elijah and John. That's why Matthew 11:15 says, "He that hath ears to hear, let him hear". It's also why the angel told John's father before he was born that he would be filled with the Holy Spirit in Luke 1:15. None of which has anything to do with reincarnation.

edit on 10-12-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte
Why does your chart start with "matter" and go to "stars" immediately, I feel like there would be some steps in between there that are missing, surely when matter starts to get together it makes smaller bodies and perhaps with pressure different compounds.

Jupiter is massive and so much is going on within we have yet to learn and it isn't even a star. Before starlight there would have been light, infrared, gamma radiation, electrical discharge from storms.

I feel like we don't give pre-stars universe enough credit a fair amount could have happened to form what we know now.

edit on 10-12-2019 by Poofmander because: Justification brah

edit on 10-12-2019 by Poofmander because: Reasons

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: CharlesT

Nope if god had to do that it means gods not perfect. Also it didn't happen.

Yes it did. In

(2348 BC)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Resurrection (Reasoning From the Scriptures)

Who will be included in the earthly resurrection?

John 5:28, 29: “Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice [the voice of Jesus] and come out.” (The Greek word translated “memorial tombs” is not the plural form of taʹphos [grave, an individual burial place] or haiʹdes [gravedom, the common grave of dead mankind] but is the plural dative form of mne·meiʹon [remembrance, memorial tomb]. It lays stress on preserving memory of the deceased person. Not those whose memory was blotted out in Gehenna because of unforgivable sins but persons remembered by God will be resurrected with the opportunity to live forever.—Matt. 10:28; Mark 3:29; Heb. 10:26; Mal. 3:16.)

If billions are to be raised from the dead, where will they all live?

A very liberal estimate of the number of people who have ever lived on earth is 20,000,000,000. As we have seen, not all of these will be resurrected. But, even if we assume that they would be, there would be ample room. The land surface of the earth at present is about 57,000,000 square miles (147,600,000 sq km). If half of that were set aside for other purposes, there would still be just a little less than an acre (c. 0.37 ha) per person, which can provide more than enough food. At the root of present food shortages is not any inability of the earth to produce sufficient but, rather, political rivalry and commercial greed.

See also page 116, under the heading “Earth.”

No need to invent 50,000+ years of human existence to 'amplify' the numbers, as the OP puts it. The field of anthropology is rife with fraud and dubious claims regarding the assignment of dates to human remains, or what are claimed to be human remains.
edit on 12-12-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Spreading more JW propaganda I see. I have yet to see you post something without using your cults propaganda pieces.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

I always wonder why people think they can limit God by placing
him in their own limited reality. I guess they just don't get it.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined
Are you totally sure that there is a you in the body??

Is there actually anyone 'in a body"?

The belief is that you' have' a body....... and you will get another body.

What if there is just what is happening.... and it belongs to no one.?

Just life as it is...... the ONE......the way the truth, the life.

The Father, the son, the holy ghost, are not three...... they are ONE.
edit on 13-12-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join