It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened With Senior Prom?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

Have Blue was a proof of concept. Both aircraft crashed during testing.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Tacit Blue or the Bird of Prey didn't get official designations as far as we know either, right?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha

Tacit Blue or the Bird of Prey didn't get official designations as far as we know either, right?

I don't believe so as the were strictly demonstrators and never ventured beyond that.

The USAF Museum is quite a bucket list item for me. Ive already seen the Tier III Minus up the MOF so a trip there would cap off my collection of publicly accessible stealth projects

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Not that I've ever heard they haven't.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

A mach 4+ long range air to air missile that had many successful tests and tons of money flowing into it is something i dont believe just really got canceled, just moved to a darker area.

we are starting to see these advanced highlighted(hypersonoic) missiles starting to come main stream, i wonder if they used some of the tech from this for that.....

HAVE DASH was for a AMRAAM replacement and everything points they were right on track to do so and than it vanished. i think parts or all of it went operational so went black.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I want to say they've got a Darkstar in the Research hangar at the museum. If I remember right, it's on the wall behind the XB-70.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

It was supposed to replace AMRAAM, and was tested starting in 1992 for HAVE DASH II. So 27 years later, and none of the AMRAAMs have been replaced, there's not even a hint of it going operational, or anything else hinting at its existence.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LeviB

That's AV-2. There's one in Seattle, and one in DC.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

YF-117D and YF-118G

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It was supposed to replace AMRAAM, and was tested starting in 1992 for HAVE DASH II. So 27 years later, and none of the AMRAAMs have been replaced, there's not even a hint of it going operational, or anything else hinting at its existence.

There's this: de.scribd.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

YF-117D and YF-118G

cite?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Area 51 (Images of Aviation) by Peter Merlin (pp. 119 and 124)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

right but the ram jet info as well as the material and fuel knowledge they gained didn't just get flush down the crapper

and HAVE DASH was basically ready to go, why cancel it?

look at all the new missiles coming out that have ram jets and what not and the navy with its new missile im sure was interested in its hypersonic flight modes like turning

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The research is still useful, but a couple test flights is far from ready to go. Yes it would have been useful, and will be, but there's zero evidence it went beyond a couple tests.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The YF-XXX series is fun to try to keep up with. There's a lot buried in there, including more than a few with nothing but program names.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

I don't believe so as the were strictly demonstrators and never ventured beyond that.

The USAF Museum is quite a bucket list item for me. Ive already seen the Tier III Minus up the MOF so a trip there would cap off my collection of publicly accessible stealth projects

You HAVE to go. I drove up from Florida in August of last year and spent two glorious days just taking it all in. Even got a selfie with me booping Tacit Blue’s nose.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The research is still useful, but a couple test flights is far from ready to go. Yes it would have been useful, and will be, but there's zero evidence it went beyond a couple tests.

It would be incredible easy to hide the procurement of say a couple of hundred Have Dash analogs in the 90s.
More likley though nothing happend in the post Cold War era of shrinking defense budgets.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

It's amazing how crude the one in DC looks up close. It gives off the vibe of being a glorified hobby project, like a faired-in jet powered Long-EZ. It definitely reminded me more of the X-35 and the X-32 than of anything even remotely operational.

I wonder if the rumors of Darkstar being just a planform demonstrator for a larger, still-classified UAV have any merit to them.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

A Have Blue slathered in modern RAM might do the trick, if only because it was a more aggressively faceted, less aerodynamically-oriented design than the F-117.

More realistically, a Tacit Blue descendant with a pointier, shallower, less voluminous fuselage shaped more like the Bird of Prey's or an X-45's, complete with bubble canopy, would probably still be stealthy today with the right materials, but nothing I've ever read or heard of would seem to indicate that such an aircraft ever actually existed.

edit on 13-12-2019 by Barnalby because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby
The other one is at least as old as Senior Prom though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join