It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson Apologises After Four-Year-Old Boy Had To Sleep On Hospital Floor

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
1) Maybe the kid wouldn't have to sleep on the floor if you didn't import a bunch of Pakistanis.

Wow Ignorant and racist all in one (To be fair it often goes hand in hand but I digress.

Hey I'm a sucker so Ill bite, what does Pakistan (aside from a purveyor of fine surgical gear) have to due with your NHS woes?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Looked that way to me.

And tried to pocket the poor fellow's rag and bone no less.

Chancing bastard.

edit on 9-12-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
I'ts unsustainable but hey...

It's no less sustainable than our police forces, which are also chronically under funded. It's a matter of where our priorities lie.
edit on 9-12-2019 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilAxis

Been around since 5 July 1948.

And thank god for the service.

Unsustainable my arse.

And the truth of the matter is that immigrants are keeping our NHS afloat with there much-needed service.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilAxis

It's no less sustainable than our police forces, which are also chronically under funded. It's a matter of where our priorities lie.

I completely agree. Maybe it's time to start funding our police force instead of funding, housing and feeding 3rd world drains on our system. But that's just me.

We've already confirmed that our health service is funded beyond our reach. It's overfunded if anything, and it's obvious why that would be the case. Government data is posted just a couple of pages back. I think it's pretty clear and I think it's even more clear that there are people in all walks and aspects of our lives that will shill against the truth because it suits their goals.

I'm not willing to accept that.

It's time to get honest about the real issues and how we can start working towards fixing them.

In my opinion, less immigration. Points based is a start but it's just a scratch on the surface. Compatibility will surely come next. We can't be having mass influxes of people that want to terrorise out bridges because they don't agree with how we live. Send them home.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Could it not be that you just hate immigrants?

Seem fixated with Muslims?

Or how British our NHS staff appear?

Pretty much a touch of racist twat syndrome really.

Hopefully, a doctor can give you some cream for the condition. x

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Could it not be that you just hate immigrants?

Seem fixated with Muslims?

Or how British our NHS staff appear?

Pretty much a touch of racist twat syndrome really.

Hopefully, a doctor can give you some cream for the condition. x

Nah, couldn't be that. Your tricks don't don't work here and most people have stopped buying the # you're peddling as well.

We don't like ideologies that are in direct conflict and completely incompatible with our own.

If you can leave your murderous # at the door, then welcome in my brother. The problem is, you can't.

So go home.
edit on 9-12-2019 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Tricks LoL

I'm an Electrician not a Magician.

Suppose your right.

After all, they don't make a pill yet for what seems to ail you my friend.

I am home ya silly sausage.

And stop stealing Trump's lines ffs.

Who are these ""most people"" by the way, and what is it you think I'm peddling?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Tricks LoL

I'm an Electrician not a Magician.

Suppose your right.

After all, they don't make a pill yet for what seems to ail you my friend.

I am home ya silly sausage.

And stop stealing Trump's lines ffs.

This isn't hard hard ti understand but let me give a very basic analogy that I don't think you'll even have trouble with.

Here's the scenario. I'm having a dinner party, and one of my guests brings you along with them and that's fine,I didn't expect or ask for it but sure..let's go with the flow.

I feed you, accomodate your kids maybe teach them a thing or two about whatever. Science and #, maybe economics. Doesn't matter.

At some point during the evening you cut you finger. I give you plaster to cover the wound. I give you some health care. (A bandaid for any Americans in here).

But you, as a guest, and uninvited guest I might add thinks it's your place to tell me that something or even multiple things about the way I live my life or run my home is not only offensive to you, but so offensive that you think it's acceptable to violently object to those things and attack me or my loved ones.

I'm kicking you the F out of the dinner party. That's as simple as it is.

Get a grep, and GTFO.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Guess you must have missed "Band Aid"

But, You have dinner parties???

I'm surprised you are able to open the microwave with those big racist claws.

Anyhoo, im off to my scratcher.

Night, night, sleep tight, don't let those nasty immigrants bite.

Ile keep my eye out for any illegal Muslims under the bed. x

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

My take - I do not understand why Boris (almost wrote Trump there lol) has become the bad guy in this. Yes the Tories made cuts to the NHS and many other places, yes it is a messed up situation and the poor kid shouldn't have been on the floor but to go after Boris for something that he really doesn't have much control over at the moment is beyond me. This is clearly an attempt to twist this into "Boris is bad".

I've been following it on the news and it has been used to attack Boris over and over again. Yes he shouldn't have put the picture in his pocket but then you could say the reporter/journalist shouldn't have shoved the phone at him (so to speak) and demand an instant response when Boris or anyone in that situation most likely would want to know the full story, which lets be honest is the right reaction. Was the hospital full? Was there a sudden influx of people asking for help? What do you want from him?

Don't get me wrong I am not a Boris fan. I think the bloke is a Churchill wanna be but I dislike Corbyn more. Corbyn will pretend to care about this because it is the thing he can wave about in the papers and on the television to pretend the NHS is in danger in the Tories hands.

This young boy being on the floor is horrible but to bash Boris who has only recently become PM is wrong too. If you want to blame someone blame the hospital doctors who put him on the floor, blame the past two PMs we've had (May and Cameron) who both led the charge on the cuts. What did you want Boris to do run in and lift the boy up off the floor? This is typical gotcha journalism and yes I would defend the fool Corbyn if the same thing was done to him.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Guess you must have missed "Band Aid"

But, You have dinner parties???

I'm surprised you are able to open the microwave with those big racist claws.

Anyhoo, im off to my scratcher.

Night, night, sleep tight, don't let those nasty immigrants bite.

Ile keep my eye out for any illegal Muslims under the bed. x

Which race was that again? I'm not bigotted against any race.

I am 100% opposed to Islam though. In all of it's forms. Good night to you too.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Sorry islamaphobe is obviously more appropriate a title then.

Synonymous much? LoL

Any how need to argue semantics tomorrow, I'm up in less than six hours.

Zzz zzz.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus
Actually most Brits value it greatly because we reckon everyone is entitled to health and life saving treatment, regardless of their financial status.

I care too much about my health to trust the government with my well being. It is a difference in mentality between American and British culture. American culture promotes freedom and personal responsibility.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I completely agree. Maybe it's time to start funding our police force instead of funding, housing and feeding 3rd world drains on our system. But that's just me.

We've already confirmed that our health service is funded beyond our reach. It's overfunded if anything, and it's obvious why that would be the case. Government data is posted just a couple of pages back. I think it's pretty clear and I think it's even more clear that there are people in all walks and aspects of our lives that will shill against the truth because it suits their goals.

I'm not willing to accept that.

It's time to get honest about the real issues and how we can start working towards fixing them.

In my opinion, less immigration. Points based is a start but it's just a scratch on the surface. Compatibility will surely come next. We can't be having mass influxes of people that want to terrorise out bridges because they don't agree with how we live. Send them home.

UK spends less on healthcare than almost any comparable country.

So no not over funded at all.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: andy06shake

My take - I do not understand why Boris (almost wrote Trump there lol) has become the bad guy in this. Yes the Tories made cuts to the NHS and many other places, yes it is a messed up situation and the poor kid shouldn't have been on the floor but to go after Boris for something that he really doesn't have much control over at the moment is beyond me. This is clearly an attempt to twist this into "Boris is bad".

I've been following it on the news and it has been used to attack Boris over and over again. Yes he shouldn't have put the picture in his pocket but then you could say the reporter/journalist shouldn't have shoved the phone at him (so to speak) and demand an instant response when Boris or anyone in that situation most likely would want to know the full story, which lets be honest is the right reaction. Was the hospital full? Was there a sudden influx of people asking for help? What do you want from him?

Don't get me wrong I am not a Boris fan. I think the bloke is a Churchill wanna be but I dislike Corbyn more. Corbyn will pretend to care about this because it is the thing he can wave about in the papers and on the television to pretend the NHS is in danger in the Tories hands.

This young boy being on the floor is horrible but to bash Boris who has only recently become PM is wrong too. If you want to blame someone blame the hospital doctors who put him on the floor, blame the past two PMs we've had (May and Cameron) who both led the charge on the cuts. What did you want Boris to do run in and lift the boy up off the floor? This is typical gotcha journalism and yes I would defend the fool Corbyn if the same thing was done to him.

I kind of a agree with this, using specific examples is a poor way of making the a point. We could double spending on the NHS and still there would be cases of poor treatment.

The more valid criticisms are how we handled it, you would think someone who clearly lives media attention as much as Johnson would be better at handling such situations.

Also the exaggerations (lies) he has told about increases to the NHS during this campaign set him up for this type of thing.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

a reply to: Metallicus
Actually most Brits value it greatly because we reckon everyone is entitled to health and life saving treatment, regardless of their financial status.

I care too much about my health to trust the government with my well being. It is a difference in mentality between American and British culture. American culture promotes freedom and personal responsibility.

You would rather trust private insurance companies?

Also rather assumes someone is in the financial position to have that option.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Or wait till they need a heart or lung transplant and watch the poor sods have to remortgage there home to foot the extortionate additional expense.

Ile take NHS over private health care any day of the week.
edit on 10-12-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

UK spends less on healthcare than almost any comparable country.

So no not over funded at all.

Those countries 'peoples' will be paying higher taxes to fund their 'health services'

The trouble with the UK is the people want champagne services on lemonade

monies. ........ never works!

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

Or wait till they need a heart or lung transplant and watch the poor sods have to remortgage there home to foot the extortionate additional expense.

Ile take NHS over private health care any day of the week.

There is a lot of legitimate criticism of the NHS but it provides fantastic value for money.

France spends 10 to 20% more each year than we do (depending on how you want to measure it).

More to the point it has done for years with all the accumulated benefits that brings. Imagine if we had been properly funding the NHS for the last few decades.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join