It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IG Report. Durham .....”another country heard from”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
John Durham issued a heated statement disagreeing with IG Horowitz’s report .

Durham is able to conduct a more thorough investigation with subpoena power and grand jury power.

Based on the evidence collected to date, and while our investigation is ongoing, last month we advised the Inspector General that we do not agree with some of the report’s conclusions as to predication and how the FBI case was opened,” U.S. Attorney John Durham said in a statement.

Durham is able to conduct a more thorough investigation with and grand jury powers for his investigations.

“I have the utmost respect for the mission of the Office of Inspector General and the comprehensive work that went into the report prepared by Mr. Horowitz and his staff,” Durham said. “However, our investigation is not limited to developing information from within component parts of the Justice Department. Our investigation has included developing information from other persons and entities, both in the U.S. and outside of the U.S.”

It ain’t over til it’s over folks.

Barr and Durham statements seem to project a different outcome than today .
edit on 9-12-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Please adjust title.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

President Trump just said the oig report is the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This?

Meaning....

another country heard from. Another person or group has voiced an opinion (often one that is unwelcome). A: "I can't believe you two seriously believe this candidate is the best person for the job." B: "Oh boy, another country heard from."

Idiom

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So since the IG report was a dud we're moving the goalposts to the Durham report? I thought so. I've been saying it for years, every bombshell is a dud until the next bombshell date is set. 😂

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Read the statement from attorney general Barr.

www.justice.gov...

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Barr’s statement from the same source .

Meanwhile, Attorney General William Barr ripped the FBI’s “intrusive” investigation after the release of Horowitz’s review, saying it was launched based on the “thinnest of suspicions.”

“The Inspector General’s report now makes clear that the FBI launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken,” Barr said in a statement.

Barr expressed frustration that the FBI continued investigating the Trump campaign, even as “exculpatory” came to the light.

It is also clear that, from its inception, the evidence produced by the investigation was consistently exculpatory,” Barr said. “Nevertheless, the investigation and surveillance was pushed forward for the duration of the campaign and deep into President Trump’s administration.”
Barr said the FISA report shows a “clear abuse” of the surveillance process.

“In the rush to obtain and maintain FISA surveillance of Trump campaign associates, FBI officials misled the FISA court, omitted critical exculpatory facts from their filings, and suppressed or ignored information negating the reliability of their principal source,” Barr said.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So since the IG report was a dud we're moving the goalposts to the Durham report? I thought so. I've been saying it for years, every bombshell is a dud until the next bombshell date is set. 😂

Sounds like someone has no idea what the IG's job is.

He can't prosecute, can only investigate and refer.

Keep up.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

moving the goalposts

have you been following this ? Durham’s investigation has been going on for a while. We’ve all spoken about the greater power he has to compel people to speak.

How do you move the goalpost on a investigation we had more confidence in from the start ?

Horowitz reviews the paperwork. Durham goes for the throat .
edit on 9-12-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't need any report. It was political retribution ordered by Obama and carried out by his inner guild. Trump embarrassed and humiliated Obama and he finally snapped.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

At first I was hoping this would expedite Durham’s investigation . But in hindsight I hope it doesn’t. So we know Durham’s investigation is as thorough as need be .

I can wait up till October 2020 . 😁🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Yet all this talk about the IG report as if it would be the final nail in the coffin for months now. All for nothing, just like I and others have been calling it.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

If the Mueller investigation was a waste of public money, as many Republicans claim, how are these repeated re-investigations that fail to even get convictions, not a bigger waste of money?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

At first I was hoping this would expedite Durham’s investigation . But in hindsight I hope it doesn’t. So we know Durham’s investigation is as thorough as need be .

I can wait up till October 2020 . 😁🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

In what I have read of the report so far it's actually pretty damning for the FBI involved in the FISA applications.

As far as claiming no political bias, that's for Barr and Durham to determine.

They obviously don't agree with the IG's conclusions.

Let's see where that goes.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Yet all this talk about the IG report as if it would be the final nail in the coffin for months now. All for nothing, just like I and others have been calling it.

cool then, it's all sorted out, your side was perfect, and continues to do no wrong. You can continue to gloat about how Trump is going to get his, in the end.

Congratulations, this news must make you happy.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

If the Mueller investigation was a waste of public money, as many Republicans claim, how are these repeated re-investigations that fail to even get convictions, not a bigger waste of money?

Does the IG convict people?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Sounds like someone has no idea what the IG's job is.

He can't prosecute, can only investigate and refer.

Keep up.

He did investigate, and refer. I't done.

The outcome was...?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I called for it being a nothing burger as well awhile ago.

Because I am aware of the role of the IG in this situation.

No, Durham will fold the IG's findings into Barr's actual criminal investigation on the same subject and then let's see where the chips fall.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

And once the Durham report is a dud? What will the goalposts be moved back to then? All I've been hearing around here for months is the IG report, now all of a sudden it's not a big deal because the Durham report is coming. So predictable.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Like I said earlier. Horowitz investigation is administrative .

Durham’s isn’t a re-investigation it’s coinciding investigation . With much more power .?

Durham’s don’t produce “convictions” it produces indictments .

Would you prefer that they investigated Trump with only limited power ?

Of course not but I can’t wait to see your response .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join