It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Confident are You in Trump's re-election?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TooCloseToTheSun

lol... nevermind buddy. Feel free to make millions betting on Jon Stewart to be our next President

have a goody day, Take this as a win, I'm sure you will, I hope you bump your thread on November 4, 2020.

edit on 12/9/2019 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Awwww you deleted your post.

What happened? You were so confident and arrogant... and now

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You're welcome for the lesson you how to read the odds. It's hilarious that once you knew you were wrong and Trump has better odds than the Democrat candidates, you moved the goalposts to a generic Republican/Democrat question instead of what the original topic, which was are we confident Trump will win re-election. Need proof, just look at your opening post and the title of the thread.

I guess I better quote the opening post in case you decide to continue to try and deceive and edit your post.

There's a question I've had a for a while now, its the reason I've recently posted enough to be able to start my own thread.

I'd like people to keep this short and answer the question, all answers are respected and its just a bit of research.

Question....

How confident are you, given recent events, that Donald Trump will be re-elected?

That's it. I'd like to garner an idea of the confidence level among Trump supporters.
Non-Trump supporters are also welcome to response with their confidence level as well, but I don't have a great opportunity to present them.

edit on 9-12-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You have offended me by using the term 60 year old basement
dwellers.I will be turning 65 next month and my home office is
in my basement! no cookies for you.
Now,to answer your thread's question...Trump will win if the
demonrats don't have him killed before the election!

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The demonrats are the bookies favorite to win the election,hummm…
I don't think so because they have to lie,cheat and steal to "win" any
election.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Off-topic:

Sounds like a sweet setup. You work for a company or own business down there? Basements are less common here but garage to office conversions are popular. Feel its good to have a space that feels separate from home, otherwise you'll always feel "at work".

On-topic:

You should invest your cookie money in the Republicans to win and you can retire next year instead and turn that basement into a downstairs pool.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TooCloseToTheSun

Didn't vote for him in 2016, and figured he'd lose, but 2020 I'll be voting for him and I figure about the same odds 50/50, it'd be easier to decide if the dems actually had a frontrunner worth anything

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The demonrats choices are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If sanders wins the dnc, then I’m fully confident he will beat trump. But that’s a big if, considering the dnc, billionaires, media etc are doing everything they can to keep him from doing that.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I have already retired and please feel free to read my signature.
Hades will freeze over before I ever vote for any demonrat ever
again!

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

If you bet $5 on 5/4 odds you don't win 25% you win 125% of your original stake. 125% profit. Its not hard to understand.

thats not quite correct, as that is what is known as odds on, part of your 125% is your original stake you would win 125% if the odds were 5/1

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

What does your signature have to do with my post?

Jeeez. Never met so many angry people before, try reading before responding and chill out.

I suggested you bet on Republicans while the odds are good and you somehow get defensive.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

5/1 is 5 to 1. As in you win 5 times your bet.

How can everyone be this frickin stupid.

If you don't know how odds on gambling sites work I suggest not trying to correct me and embarrassing yourself.

5 / 1 = Profit / Stake

Its the PROFIT / for your STAKE.

I can see how Trump won the UN-educated vote lol.
edit on 9-12-2019 by TooCloseToTheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I have already retired and please feel free to read my signature.
Hades will freeze over before I ever vote for any demonrat ever
again!

That’s the very definition of partisan, and why we are having so many issues now. And is the opposite of “reason” that republicans harp on so much.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Wrong again.

You bet $10 on odds of 4/5 you'd win $8 profit. So $18 returned. Which is actually 80% profit!

Lol this is seriously embarrassing if you are an adult.

4/5 is 1.8 in odds. So 1.8 times your stake. Or 80 %.

Now PLEASE go educate yourself and come back. You clearly have zero idea what you are talking about.

His post says 5/4 odds though? "Odds of 3-5 indicate that your profit will be three-fifths of a dollar. In other words, for every $5 you bet you can win $3 in profit." so 5/4 odds means for every 4$ you win 5$, which means for every $1 you win $1.25? how was he wrong?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekner

Because he equated winning $1.25 as 25% profit. Its 125%. As its $1 plus another $1.25

Hence why he deleted all his following posts once he realized he was wrong.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

Wrong again.

You bet $10 on odds of 4/5 you'd win $8 profit. So $18 returned. Which is actually 80% profit!

Lol this is seriously embarrassing if you are an adult.

4/5 is 1.8 in odds. So 1.8 times your stake. Or 80 %.

Now PLEASE go educate yourself and come back. You clearly have zero idea what you are talking about.

His post says 5/4 odds though? "Odds of 3-5 indicate that your profit will be three-fifths of a dollar. In other words, for every $5 you bet you can win $3 in profit." so 5/4 odds means for every 4$ you win 5$, which means for every $1 you win $1.25? how was he wrong?

The problem is I posted the odds of the Presidential candidates (the Op's topic). Then the OP moved the goalposts and is now acting as if the whole time he was asking our confidence in the Republicans winning, instead of his original question.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Because he equated winning $1.25 as 25% profit. Its 125%. As its $1 plus another $1.25

Hence why he deleted all his following posts once he realized he was wrong.

If I give up $1 for a bet on 5/4 odds and and get $1.25 back then indeed I have made 25%. Why would you count the money you put in as profit? It's still 25% profit

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

The problem is you can't read.

I asked if people were confident of Trump winning.

The told those that are very confident they could more than double their money by betting on it.

Whether betting on Trump or Republicans.

I then stated that the Democrats are favorite to win the Party Market and posted the odds.

You have failed to understand every single post and still don't understand that either Party or Individual, you more than double your money betting on Trump.

This is easily the most I've ever had to explain a simple concept. Especially against someone whose essentially confirming my post but doesn't realize it.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You get $2.25 back though. Not $1.25.

How can I explain this better:

If you bet $1 on 1/1 odds you don't just get your $1 back do you? You get $2 back. Hence 100% profit.

So odds of 5/4 would return 125% profit.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join