It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Confident are You in Trump's re-election?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TooCloseToTheSun

How Confident are You in Trump's re-election?

That's the title to your thread right?

There's a question I've had a for a while now, its the reason I've recently posted enough to be able to start my own thread.

Then there is your opening remark. Nowhere in there does it say Republicans. You specifically mention Trump and I used the link you provided me to find the odds on Trump vs the Democrat candidates. This isn't CNN, where you get to change the facts.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Oh wow. This is harder than I thought.

Let me use figures you can understand.

Bet $10 on republicans to win re-election, you win $11 profit!

Bet $10 on democrats to win election, you win $8 profit!

11... is > 8

Comprede?

If math is this hard then I'd advise against gambling lol

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TooCloseToTheSun

11... is > 8

Comprede?

You said odds on Trump, not Republicans. So basically your moving the goalposts because you didn't research your own topic before posting. Nice face palm.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Lets see if I can dumb this down even more for you.

Me: How confident are you in Trump winning?

Numerous people: 99%, 100%, absolutely, no-one else stands a chance etc etc

Me: You'll be pleased to know then that the Democrats are the bookies favorite to win the next Election. Meaning you can easily "more than double" your money.

So put your money where your confidence is and make a killing. Thank me later.

Now.... as I hope you realize TRUMP IS A REPUBLICAN!

But hey... thanks for unwittingly supporting my point by showing the odds on Trump alone to win are even greater!!!!!

You really argued against me by supporting my post more than you knew!

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Where did I say "odds on Trump".

Please quote or......

I literally posted the market for Winning Party.

But its also a fact that if you bet directly on Trump you'd get even better odds

So yes great point. Wow! I'm actually dying here. Keep digging.
edit on 9-12-2019 by TooCloseToTheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The economy is too good for Trump to lose. Sure there are those who said they didn't benefited, but I seen most who have benefited and I am one of those who is now making 90% more income for the same title. But then I'm in technology so we are in high demand, but after Trump cut taxes companies wanted to expand and have the state of the art technology to compete on the market, and so they spent a lot of the tax breaks in this area.
We don't come cheap.
edit on 9-12-2019 by ambassado12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

11... is > 8

Comprede?

ok Let's try Math from your own sit:

US Presidential Election 2020 Winner

Donald Trump 5/4
Joe Biden 13/2
Pete Buttigieg 9/1
Bernie Sanders 10/1
Then you can click a link to 'view all odds" which gives you even more candidates
including the Lovely Hillary Clinton at 33/1

Now let's do math, it's pretty simple the little "/" you can take that to mean DIVIDE.

So if you take Donald Trump 5/4 that equals 1.25 MEANING if you bet ONE DOLLAR, you stand to win One Dollar and 25 cents!

If you bet on Joe Biden 13/2 that equals to 6.5 meaning if you bet that SAME ONE DOLLAR on Mr. Biden you will win instead SIX DOLLARS and FIFTY CENTS! :-O

They keep getting worse aka giving you more money and of course you could vote on Hillary Clinton and Potentially be looking at a windfall $33 for every one dollar spent!!!

Hope that helps you understand. you Make LESS money if you bet on Trump because the odds FAVOR him.

edit on 12/9/2019 by PsychoEmperor because: Typos

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Winning Party:

Republicans Odds:

11/10

Democrat Odds:

8/11

www.oddschecker.com...

What part of my OP are you struggling to comprehend?

If you have to bet 11 to win 10 that means Republians are the safer bet, less reward for the risk. The favorite usually has such odds.

But you've been on ATS since Dec 5th, so carry on Garth.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Trump sold himself as the eff-you to the establishment candidate. But all he's done is lower taxes on the billionaires. He's just one of them.

If Trump really had balls and wanted to empty the swamp he would have printed his own money like the Lincoln greenback or the Kennedy silver dollar.

As far as I can tell Trump is no different than Hillary. Except Hillary would have drop way more bombs on Arabs for Israel.

I'm upper middle and he lowered my taxes which, by the way was the main source of uncommon grief for me. They kept going up during Obama's 8 years so what is reality in your mind is actually not reality when I look at my income. It did in fact increase.

It increased enough I can now do what I wanted in the first place. I put that money back into the local economy. Hired some local companies for renovations, eat out a couple nights a weeks at local places. Before, I said screw it. Did the renovations myself and stopped eating out almost entirely.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The thread is already dumb enough, so I don't know if you can dumb it down anymore...moving on. Better luck next time trying to troll the Trump supporters.

BTW: We're supposed to be the dumb ones.
edit on 9-12-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ambassado12

90% more income? Oh wow. You must of earnt f'all before. You should try and find a better job.

Sorry to hear that. Also sorry that your attempt at a brag by using ridiculous percentages and the usual illogical "my friend loves trump so everyone must love trump" logic was extremely laughable.

Here watch..... HA!

Seriously though, this was beyond obviously an attention seeking lie.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
TODAY, I'm confident. The Democrats look like fools. But anything can happen in 11 months.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

No.

If you bet $5 on 5/4 odds you don't win 25% you win 125% of your original stake. 125% profit. Its not hard to understand.

Seriously. Just stop.

Let me try with a simple statement.

The. Democrats. Are. Odds. On. Favorites. To. Win. The. Election.

Enjoy!

25 %

p.s love this little gem

Now let's do math, it's pretty simple the little "/" you can take that to mean DIVIDE

Someone has zero knowledge of odds or bookies. Embarrassing.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

edit on 12/9/2019 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Again no. you bet $8 to win $11.

How do so many people fail to understand this?

www.investopedia.com...

Please read this before coming back with more nonsense.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

But hold on... 4/5 equals 1.25 so if you bet on odds of 4/5 you win 25%?

Right....

Just admit you have no idea what you were talking about. Educate yourself and come back.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

edit on 12/9/2019 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

If we just put aside the lies and twisted claims and lack of evidence for either for a second and just look at those who have put themselves forward as the lefts hopeful and say that not one of those currently standing seems like they will be able to defeat Trump.

Biden is the apparent front runner (although that may have changed) and a few comments from Trump and Biden will be stumbling over his words. Warren will be torn apart mostly due to her fake claim of being native American, Trump will eat that up. Biden has no chance, the left will not let him stand tall. I think the most likely outcome will be Hillary Clinton putting herself forward as their last minute hero and I hope she does another go around between those two will be incredible.

Side note: I believe she will. She is going in last minute that way she won't have to campaign and thus show her weakness as both being human and capable. She will enter at the very last minute and claim "The DNC asked me to step in and so I had no choice".

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Wrong again.

You bet $10 on odds of 4/5 you'd win $8 profit. So $18 returned. Which is actually 80% profit!

Lol this is seriously embarrassing if you are an adult.

4/5 is 1.8 in odds. So 1.8 times your stake. Or 80 %.

Now PLEASE go educate yourself and come back. You clearly have zero idea what you are talking about.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

From your own link:

www.wikihow.com...

1 Know that odds at the track tell you amount of profit you will make per dollar spent. Odds of 3-5 indicate that your profit will be three-fifths of a dollar. In other words, for every $5 you bet you can win $3 in profit.

To determine profit, multiply the amount you bet by the fraction. If I spend $15, then my profit for winning is $9 (15 x 3/5).
Ex. If I successfully bet $15 on a horse with 3/5 odds of winning, the payout would be $24 ($15 + [15 x 3/5])

You didn't even read it!!!! lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join