It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Confident are You in Trump's re-election?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: okrian
I am confident that a bunch of empty land and the minority of Americans will vote for Trump.
The outcome is still too far out to make a call though.

Oh yes, are we talking about all the empty land where the minority that you'd like to silence grows and raises the majority of the food you eat? Among just one of the many other commodities you couldn't live without.

Well as a vegan that buys local from the farmers market... not exactly. And your point is irrelevant to empty land being what elected the president. You know as well as I do that it wasn't the majority of Americans. What a pointless argument. Your computer and the internet was brought to you by cities. And most other advancements. And the tech that made the farming equipment possible. We all work together... & who said anything about silencing the empty land that actually doesn't have people on it? Ugh, how is it possible to miss the mark that hard.

Yes it is a stupid argument and one you will never win. News flash, we don’t elect Presidents by popular vote and for good reasons that have been explained to you over and over, so, I’m not going to bother explaining it to you again thinking this time you may actually comprehend why it is the way it is. I’m not sure why so many of you keep beating the dead horse on the subject, it’s really not that hard to understand.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Breaking: USMCA trade deal is now a DONE DEAL.

www.foxbusiness.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Breaking: USMCA trade deal is now a DONE DEAL.

www.foxbusiness.com...

I'm not sure how true fiscal conservatives and proponents of free market can laud a Republican like Trump for mandating a $16 minimum wage for manufacture on a size-able portion of the parts in vehicles. Isn't that directly hurting those peoples free agency to pull themselves up by their bootstraps?

That just seems so very very liberal......

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

seems fair pay for assembly line work i mean its not like they are flipping burgers or selling coffee and considering that they made MORE before this new law it seems 40-45% are taking a pay cut

www.salary.com...

How much does an Assembly Line Worker, Factory make hourly in the United States? The average hourly wage for an Assembly Line Worker, Factory in the United States is $18 as of November 25, 2019, but the salary range typically falls between $16 and $21. Hourly rate can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession. With more online, real-time compensation data than any other website, Salary.com helps you determine your exact pay target.
now that is the pay for US workers what were those in Canada making ?www.payscale.com...=Assembly_Line_Worker/Hourly_Rate from 11 at the low to the median of 16 an hour (15.75) to a peak of 22ish , now what were they making in Mexico? oh about 2 dollars us so it is them getting a raise out of this deal or do you want the mexicans to remain poor? business.financialpost.com...

www.npr.org... so mexicans via trumps new trade deal will be seeing a 5x increase in wages from around 2.90 an hour to well a good deal of them making 16 an hour now due to this. funny huh trump lifting up the mexican people to non slave wages is some how something bad just because trump does it? but as the article talks about the mexicans seem more inclined to keep the pay low and just pay the 2.5% tarrif guess its them that hates their workers not candians or americans

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Trump sold himself as the eff-you to the establishment candidate. But all he's done is lower taxes on the billionaires.

Really? I'm about as far from a billionaire as you can get, but I got a very nice tax cut - due in large part to the doubling of the child tax credit admittedly, but even without kids I'd have saved quite a bit.

If Trump really had balls and wanted to empty the swamp he would have printed his own money like the Lincoln greenback or the Kennedy silver dollar.

Or the Kennedy greenbacks?

As far as I can tell Trump is no different than Hillary.

Then you are dumber than the rock sitting on my desk with 'Demwits' painted on it....

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
do you want the mexicans to remain poor?

Why is it America's prerogative to get better wages for Mexicans? Shouldn't Trump be fighting for better wages for US workers? I thought his platform was 'America First'.....

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

well see thats the genius of it , he probally assumed they would not raise their employee wages and would rather pay the tarrifs instead that then goes to us and it gets him good publicity for attempting to lift up the mexican people 2.5% tarrifs per car adds up fast but it is funny seeing left leaning members argue against "a living wage" for mexicans just because they do not like the president

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

well see thats the genius of it , he probally assumed they would not raise their employee wages and would rather pay the tarrifs instead that then goes to us and it gets him good publicity for attempting to lift up the mexican people 2.5% tarrifs per car adds up fast but it is funny seeing left leaning members argue against "a living wage" for mexicans just because they do not like the president

I'm not arguing against it (I fully support it from a personal standpoint), I'm just trying to reconcile how something like that is championed among supporters of a man who campaigned on the premise that Mexico wouldn't be benefiting to the exclusion of US workers...

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

I'm not arguing against it (I fully support it from a personal standpoint), I'm just trying to reconcile how something like that is championed among supporters of a man who campaigned on the premise that Mexico wouldn't be benefiting to the exclusion of US workers...

But Mexico isn’t benefiting to the exclusion of us workers. It drastically reduces the difference in wages between them and us, which makes American workers much more competitive now. In that specific niche. Any trade treaties we have with other countries should require they pay their workers a competitive rate to us workers. Otherwise..... well you’ll have what we have here. Businesses fleeing to sweat shop economies and the us middle class tanking.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421

originally posted by: Wayfarer

But Mexico isn’t benefiting to the exclusion of us workers. It drastically reduces the difference in wages between them and us, which makes American workers much more competitive now. In that specific niche. Any trade treaties we have with other countries should require they pay their workers a competitive rate to us workers. Otherwise..... well you’ll have what we have here. Businesses fleeing to sweat shop economies and the us middle class tanking.

But if Mexico has higher wages then American's end up paying more for cars. How does that help US citizens?

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I don’t see that happening when they still Have to compete with Korean and Japanese carmakers for sales.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join