It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New documents show establishment lied to us for years about Afghanistan war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

A confidential trove of government documents obtained by The Washington Post reveals that senior U.S. officials failed to tell the truth about the war in Afghanistan throughout the 18-year campaign, making rosy pronouncements they knew to be false and hiding unmistakable evidence the war had become unwinnable.

The documents were generated by a federal project examining the root failures of the longest armed conflict in U.S. history. They include more than 2,000 pages of previously unpublished notes of interviews with people who played a direct role in the war, from generals and diplomats to aid workers and Afghan officials.

The U.S. government tried to shield the identities of the vast majority of those interviewed for the project and conceal nearly all of their remarks. The Post won release of the documents under the Freedom of Information Act after a three-year legal battle

www.washingtonpost.com...

I voted for trump because I was tired of the establishment/ deep state/ intel agencies etc (whatever you want to call it) and their lies or harm to the American people “. Almost every war a lie, bailing out corrupt bankers, and so forth

Yet I am told constantly that trump is terrible, and we know this because the intel agencies, deep state etc. says so

Well here we have more proof of the lies they tell

Over 2000 pages showing we have been lied to over and over again by these people about the war in Afghanistan

lies about how successful the war was, to cover up money being sent going to corrupt people, lied about how many casualties, lies about the overall cost

Side note: remember when trump suggested pulling out troops from Afghanistan and the media and establishment on both sides said how terrible that would be? Almost like they are still interested in pushing the lies

I’m not saying trump is perfect, and certainly there are reasons to dislike him beyond what these deep state people are saying

But I am so tired to the appeal of authority to these deep state people in the intel age and else where that have lied to us for decades now

It’s time to end this corruption

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This looks like a very thorough coverage indeed. It was about time that we get some disclosure.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post it, for us all to benefit.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TaninimLong

No problem

Notice it comes out the same day the IG report is set to come out, and during impeachment hearings

This will probably get lost in the shuffle, but is higey important

How many times must we be lied to by the intel agencies and establishment before we stop taking them at their word?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

True, so very true.

I am tired... so tired of the establishment already.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
We spent a trillion to defeat lamp chord, used flip phone triggers and homemade bombs. That's about $15 in materials to take out likely a $100K vehicle to include gear, $400K in military life insurance payout for every Soldier killed, and no telling the costs for healthcare and disability payments for those maimed the rest of their lives.

Probably one of the dumbest wars and biggest waste of money in history but, probably not if you are making money off it.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

A confidential trove of government documents obtained by The Washington Post reveals that senior U.S. officials failed to tell the truth about the war in Afghanistan throughout the 18-year campaign, making rosy pronouncements they knew to be false and hiding unmistakable evidence the war had become unwinnable.

Not buying it.

1. Washington Post.
2. When the Trump bash has failed they bring GW back up?

Not going to ride this train to snipsville.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So whose heads will roll ?
No ones.
And has this happened before and will it happen again?
You bet.

If people are willing to slaughter innocents to make lots of money,they sure won't care about lying to hoodwink the public.

Greedy and dishonest people will do anything to support their addiction to money,even when they have more than they could spend in 100 lifetimes.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Actually it comes out to about $750,000 in survivor benefits for every soldier, sailor, airman and Marine we lost in Afghanistan and Iraq.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Americans will take up to the streets and demand answers, or revolt against this never ending need for wars. the American people will stand up and March down Washington and demand change....after Monday night football or America's got talent...not before getting some drugs and alcohol to ease the stress.

whatever is in the water we drink or the waterfall supply of drugs which can't satisfy the country, will make this story non-viral worthy.

hey, see you all in the next needed war by America, bringer of peace and destruction☺️

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
And here I thought we were in the Afhgan so the CIA could control the heroine traffic to pay for all of that alien tech research?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
And here I thought we were in the Afhgan so the CIA could control the heroine traffic to pay for all of that alien tech research?

That sums up the whole thing.

You may need a new identity... like, soon...

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Obama Bin Lyin has a nice ring to it.

I'll get my coat...

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Amazing innit, these war hawks have a never ending supply of soldiers to do their bidding for them.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm going to follow the bread crumbs on this one. This one struck a familiar tone relating to another project I'm working on. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Forget about Afghan. China and Russia are both communists! Join the army. We need more people to support our allies over there.
edit on 10-12-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

top topics

join