It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for the Masons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

I'm not sure if scooter's answers were really as accurate as I would consider them to be. Scooter, are you a mason? or just speaking from what you know?

Here's my answers:

1. Your own personal God is perfectly good enough to get you in. The only requirements for joining are a belief in ANY supreme being, and a good reputation (ie, no felonies, etc. etc.)

2. Masons view ANYTHING that is against the law as something negative. All masons are sworn to uphold the law and therefore drugs cannot be accepted. Needless to say there are masons who abuse alcohol and such things, this is common in any organization.

3. It is a problem on YOUR behalf. Many catholics have been masons (including myself) even though the church bans catholics from joning the fraternity. If you have a personal problem with something about the Craft, then it is a problem for YOU, not the fraternity.

4. There's too many to name. "Making good men better" is a common slogan, brotherhood, relief, charity, fun, personal development, learning, knowledge, etc etc etc.

5. Absolutely not. Masonry does not care WHAT you believe in nor HOW you believe in it. The lessons that masonry teaches can be adapted into any belief system because they all follow a common theme (ie: truth, charity, virtue, love, morality).

6. Lodge officers are elected by all members for one-year terms. Any Master Mason can become an officer.

7. Like I stated in #5, all rules are common to all belief systems and therefore accomodates all brothers easily.

Hope this helps.

Yeah. I'm a Past Master and 32nd degree Mason. And my family has a rich history in Masonry. My answers were really not much different than yours. You just worded them different.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by scooter1369]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooter1369
Yeah. I'm a Past Master and 32nd degree Mason. And my family has a rich history in Masonry. My answers were really not much different than yours. You just worded them different.

They were just quick answers, so they kinda didn't seem like they were from someone who was truly knowledgeable about the topic.

I sent you a U2U (private message), by the way. Please check it and reply when you get a chance.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

They were just quick answers, so they kinda didn't seem like they were from someone who was truly knowledgeable about the topic.

I sent you a U2U (private message), by the way. Please check it and reply when you get a chance.

I can't reply to your U2U yet, but the answer is "In my heart"

And yeah they were quick answers. I needed to get to bed.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by scooter1369]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Sorry brother. Given the kind of forum this is, sometimes you just gotta make sure

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Sorry brother. Given the kind of forum this is, sometimes you just gotta make sure

Not offended in the least. You gotta make sure sometimes.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Thank you guys for the info, i have but one question if you don't mind. I have always been interested in joining the fraternity, however from what i've read online i am much too young. At what age would you recommend approaching a lodge?

BTW i am currently 24 years of age.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I believe you would be ok in most locations. Most jurisdictions have either an age requirement of 18 or 21. But, to be sure you can check with your local Lodge or regions Grand Lodge for clarification of their age requirements.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join