It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gimp is waiting...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
to give some new type of torture to over-sexed, drug-crazed teens.

IGN FilmForce has learned that none other than Oscar-winner Quentin Tarantino is in final negotiations to write and direct the Ultimate Jason Voorhees Movie, an all new Friday the 13th for New Line.

Tarantino vs. Jason

This could only be a dream. Could you imagine a stylish Jason? Can you picture him mutilating people to some random Steeler's Wheel song? What about walking into a night club and killing 88 random kung-fu guys? Does the thought of Jason doing the twist at the end of the bloodbath tickle your funny bone? Well, if it does, this rumor might be the ticket for you. I assume the studio is being hush-hush until the deal is finalized.

But I can only imagine Tarantino bringing life into this campy franchise...and what type of life being breathed...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well, it would fit his penchance for violence I guess. But I wonder of the victims will be your standard cardboard cutout slasher type victims.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'm a little disappointed with Tarantino's decision making here....Is he just looking for money from eager fans expecting a sequel, or his he really going to put his spin on things and make this a "killer" movie?

It seems out of character for him to take a series that already exists and remold it....Tarantino's current style he's known more for is taking elements from a broad spectrum of different genres and creating something new and unique...

It sounds like they're going to try to make stale bread fresh again.....

And I have to wonder what's going to happen with him an Miramax...Will they see this a stab in the back??

God knows I love Tarantino's work....And while I'm not the hugest fan of Jason movies, I can appreciate their history in the horror genre....But I'm just not too wild over the idea of mixing these two together

Who knows though....I suppose it could go in any direction....

new topics

join