It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Consumer Group Wants Hasbro To Remove Nerf Machine Guns From Lineup

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The Empire State Consumer Project, based in my city of Rochester, NY, has complained to the Hasbro board of directors about their assault-style machine guns. They want them removed from Hasbro's product line. You know the "guns" they're talking about...the ones that shoot dangerous foam tipped projectiles, like the dangerous weapon seen below:

The Empire State Consumer Project has written a letter to the Hasbro board of directors, calling for them to remove assault-style toy weapons from their product line.

The Nerf Ultra One and other nerf machine guns are the target of a letter from the Empire State Consumer Project.

“It’s a matter of this being a very vulnerable consumer group. Children buy what they see and we’re not sure this is driven by market demand for assault weapon toys by children or the industry creating the demand,” said Carol Chittenden, director of the Empire State Consumer Project.

The consumer group says a Hasbro commercial pushes families to buy bigger guns with more ammunition.

LINK

Makes sense...lets ban Nerf Toy Guns that shoot foam tipped bullets, but allow the sale of violent video games, where a kid can slaughter a bunch of characters using their game controller. At least with a Nerf gun, the kid is running around and getting some exercise. What's next? Consumer watch groups demanding Lasertron close shop in cities across the country?

edit on 12/7/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

There's no reason to allow older brothers to have superior fire power which will inevitably cause younger brothers to run crying out of the room. I think it's only fair to give little brothers a fighting chance!

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

All the kids I grew up with had toy guns and they never grew up to harm another human being.
I grew up listening to heavy metal music and I didn't turn into some satan worshipper or anything.

I wouldn't want children watching violent games or videos though.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Nerf machine guns are covered under the second, I'd like them to add nerf nukes to their lineup.

Anything less, is just anti american.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Having worked in IT/Software development, I gave these to my developers as office Christmas presents. The Nerf wars were great!

If this is the most worrying issue for these clowns, we are doomed!

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Nerf guns on american streets disproportionately affect minorities.

Stop killing minorities(outside of abortion clinics of course).

Nerf guns are just another mechanism of white supremacy against vulnerable minority groups.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You we're obviously the little brother...I hope your nightmare's of NERF projectiles subsides soon. I say we bring back self guided lawn darts!

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I for one refuse to follow the rules of the Empire.

They want to take our NERF machine guns. Next they will come for our crayons that can be used to draw pictures of rebellion. Then they come for the Hot Wheels tracks that teach racing, too competitive. They will come for the toy soldiers, too violent. They will come for the LEGOS, too creative. The line must be drawn in Crayola markers.

The Empire must be stopped. Long live the rebels of the toy haters.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Toy gun ban Wow.
Hasbro's nerf department should not cave into this nonsense.
And the parents who don't like them just don't buy them for their kids, simple as that .

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I sent Hasbro an email asking them to not cave in to this type of behavior.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
We used to take the tip off and push a push pin through it and glue them back on, they were like little tranquilizers, minus the sedative.

In hindsight, that was actually dangerous, but its hard to claim you didn't get hit with small beads of blood forming on the inside of your shirt.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Those that want to ban Nerf guns are probably the ones that need to be shot by Nerf guns.

Bring back the Nerf frisbee and boomerang while they are at it.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Those that want to ban Nerf guns are probably the ones that need to be shot by Nerf guns.

Bring back the Nerf frisbee and boomerang while they are at it.

And real lawn darts, because you're not real American yet if you didn't have a narrow miss with one of those mofos.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is just wrong. Son's martial arts school holds parents' night out about twice a year. Kids eat pizza and have a massive Nerf war. They love it.

Our kiddo also plays regular Nerf wars with the other boys in our neighborhood. His grandparents sent him a massive box of darts, so we keep all five of them well supplied with ammo.

So many hours of fun out of a couple plastic toys.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
They can pry my hard plastic tipped foam darts from my cold dead fingers!

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Perhaps we should all make our opinions known to the activist group, not just Hasbro.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Perhaps we should all make our opinions known to the activist group, not just Hasbro.

Since when does an activist group bother acknowledging dissent, let alone consider it?

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Since when does an activist group bother acknowledging dissent, let alone consider it?

My bad ... Reading between the lines ... Be as obnoxious to them as they generally are in harassing those they want to impose their will upon.

You know, arrange to drop off a bunch of bored boys and let them find out first hand what happens when they aren't able to engage in their normal active play. That sort of thing.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Does anyone really know anything about this group? I mean, it could be a couple radicals looking to cause dissension, or a few bitter people that simply want to feel relevant.

Is this a large organization or just some mailing address?

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I've spent many a rainy day hunting dangerous children with my Nerf machine gun.

My sons and I have fought countless wars, have "killed" each other countless times.

We also have a gun safe with actual weapons and ammo that were never opened during these times of play.

We should start a campaign to remove all the sticks that appear to be shoved up everyone's asses though.

And mind your own ####ing business, assholes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join