It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question About ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I do try and be the change I want to see when creating threads. Although maybe the other point in your link is more relevant here: that I take a step back. Not sure I will do that for any length of time despite my negativity of late.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: and14263

Have you tried actually watch the videos like the rest of us do before commenting?

That's a cop out and you know it. Not everybody is able or willing to waste bandwidth on that gamble, many are on cell plans or satellite internet and have hard data caps. Hell, even my Comcast cable internet has a cap, for christ's sake. Again, so it's clear, not all posters can or want to waste limited data on someone's video that has no context, no explanation, no visible point as to why it needs watched beyond, "Hey, check it!" That's not a reason to click play.
Beyond that, there's the issue of internet speeds -- this is an international site (supposedly, anyway) and other countries average considerably slower speeds than the US does. I don't fault folks who actually still wait for page loads today to NOT watch a video that bogged down a thread loading for them.

If you're going to post something and think it's pertinent, explain it, or reconsider why you're posting it at all if you can't be bothered to explain it.
edit on 12/8/2019 by Nyiah because: Double checked, my internet plan stll has a data cap, and last month, we were damn close to going over it. Time to be more mindful of what I'm watching online.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Would not want to break TandCs by linking to posts. Not allowed to make threads about other members.

But you are allowed to use the "ALERT" button whenever you find a case that you think is against ATS rules.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yes I have done this in the past although it has never been successful in combating this particular problem so I stopped. It is successful for many other issues though.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Well, I don't remember seeing any alert (or a thread like you described) in recent times, so please make an ALERT the next time you see one.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

It is the abbreviations for US states that catch me out sometimes

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Well, I don't remember seeing any alert (or a thread like you described) in recent times, so please make an ALERT the next time you see one.

In the politest possible way, and with due respect, if you have not seen a thread like a describes recently then I am not sure you are surfing ATS.

I will be sure to ALERT in future.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Hi. I just alerted for a thread. It went through ok.

There are multiple others out there right now but I am not allowed to alert more than once in [insert time period].

Lol.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
In the politest possible way, and with due respect, if you have not seen a thread like a describes recently then I am not sure you are surfing ATS.

I don't have much free time, but I do come to ATS every day.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Well at least I don't have to look elsewhere for daily news (that is not a good thing) because the threads have become discussions of current events and unless there is some serious editorialism this is just not very interesting. I can start a thread and test this.

Your premise works both ways, many threads here are quite the manifestation of total political crap and cant, and very poor disinfo webs...that is the known. I don't think that this is the exact thing the OP is getting at though.

Humm. um...huuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Not nearly enough assumptions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join