It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly-Elected Muslim Democrat State Lawmaker Charged with Stealing More Than $500,000

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable
They dont, and never will be doing Sharia crap in the U.S.

She should absolutely be held accountable.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: MisterSpock

a reply to: shawmanfromny

It matters that she's a Muslim....why?

Are you downplaying her faith? I'm sure it matters to her, maybe not to you.

Seems a bit insensitive.

Does her faith have any bearing on the crime for which she's charged?

Seems a bit hypersensitive to suggest as much.

It's you who seems a bit hypersensitive.
The OP majors on the fact she's a Democrat.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Well the Ortiz woman and Ms Harrell can go to the Mosque and pray "Istighfar". As they will be forgiven and in fact the optimal words are "turn bad deeds into good deeds".
That's her faith covered, now only American law.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Shes been charged with stealing from her own non-profit..
Gee.. I vaguely remember someone else, along with his family members being legally banned from being on the boards of any charities because they were stealing from their charity. And, he was a flag hugging all american, chosen by the christian god to rule type of person...
So, why dont we just not emphasize their political leanings or religion here?
If they are crooks, they should be removed from office. The only problem is, if we follow that rule, how many would be left in office to run things?
So, we sit and debate which crooks are the best and choose to ignore the fact that some are crooks. Heck, some will even go as far as to threaten civil war if their favorite crook is removed from office. But this little lady is a female and a muslim.... shes the one that needs to go!

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I vaguely remember someone else, along with his family members being legally banned from being on the boards of any charities because they were stealing from their charity

Clintons?

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And...??? I'll give you a hint.. his favorite mode of transportation is air force one.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Nope.

I wuz right.

The foundation focuses on economic, environmental and health-related global initiatives, but it’s best known for controversies surrounding self-dealing allegations and inquiries into whether the foundation accepted money from individuals, corporations, and governments allegedly seeking to curry favor with the Clintons.

www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I'm not denying that.. but they ain't flying around on airforce one at the present time, are they?
Nope, Clinton's, although they may be crooks, arent the crooks I am talking about...
Care to try again?

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Yawn.

A D stealing 500k to live it up = Trump.

Bye now.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Yawn... 500 thousand, a few million... a crook is crook... they deserve the same treatment, regardless of politics or religion..

www.npr.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
an OP like this invites whataboutism. neither side has virtuous members with no criminals. I'm just glad that this beginner was caught. Sadly, those with some experience, don't make stupid mistakes like this. They let their kids cash the checks.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Oh I dunno, probably because stealing is supposedly far worse a thing in Islam than any other religion?

Dad enough to warrant the cutting off of hands.

And no practicing Muslim would do such a thing, right? Maybe she ran on Muslim sympathy then. And maybe that's why it matters?

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I dont see conning my kids into doing criminal acts for me as being smarter than me taking the risk on myself. Seems to me, the worse that would happen to me is that I get free housing, meals and healthcare for the last few years and the loss of freedom isnt that big a deal when you can no longer walk through the grocery store to buy your own groceries and have become afraid of driving to that store. My life is basically done anyways. I would much rather my kids not be hindered throughout their lives. But then, my moral compass wouldn't allow me to knowingly break laws and certainly wouldn't allow me to set up my kids to take the fall for me.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Total scumbag. I'm wondering why her religion matters in this though. Was she using the money to fund Islamic terrorism?

I ask because, in Illinois, when our corrupt Democrat and corrupt Republican governors have gone down, nobody ever mentioned that they're Methodist, Presbyterian, Eastern Orthodox or Catholic, in the case of 4 of Illinois' convicted governors. Almost as if it wasn't relevant.

Don't put blinders on - its not "Muslins" and "Democrats" that are the problems. Its "most politicians", of both major parties, whatever religion they (claim to) follow, whatever race, ethnicity, etc.

Just face it - the majority of politicians are corrupt enemies of The People and the Nation Itself.

"trust no more the forked tongues of the great chiefs in Washington..." - Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers, 'Buffalo'

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I'm with you, I teach my kids integrity above all else. Even it it doesn't get you rich. But some feel other ways. Some have kids that work in sectors they have no business in, collecting massive checks and don't even know why, but they sure don't mind cashing those checks. Glad you teach your kids right. Shame more don't feel that way.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Total scumbag. I'm wondering why her religion matters in this though. Was she using the money to fund Islamic terrorism?

I ask because, in Illinois, when our corrupt Democrat and corrupt Republican governors have gone down, nobody ever mentioned that they're Methodist, Presbyterian, Eastern Orthodox or Catholic, in the case of 4 of Illinois' convicted governors. Almost as if it wasn't relevant.

It is certainly not relevant, just an excuse to bash Muslims, if the OP from here on in, adds the religious denomination of the every thread subject..I will say I was wrong.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth
It really doesn't matter what faith she follows, just like it didn't matter what faith Hunter Duncan followed, yet in both accounts its brought up.

Now the reason for that. I've seen this from both sides of the isle, in IMHO because people who come out very strongly for a religion, no matter which it is, are expected to uphold the standards of said religion. Every time a republican congressman gets caught in a hotel room with his boyfriend, it's always noted if he is a vocal Christian. That's because it goes against Christianity in many ways. This lady is Muslim, Muslims follow a very strict set of principles, stealing and lying and the obsession with material objects all go against what they hold sacred. So I believe in a lot of cases its just to show the hypocrisy of who they say they are and who they really are.

I'm not saying it's right, or justified, but that's my opinion on it.

Now THIS is a solid explanation that makes sense. Well done.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Oh I dunno, probably because stealing is supposedly far worse a thing in Islam than any other religion?

Dad enough to warrant the cutting off of hands.

And no practicing Muslim would do such a thing, right? Maybe she ran on Muslim sympathy then. And maybe that's why it matters?

Pretty sure stealing is against most religions.

But never let the opportunity to bash Muslims go to waste, while not calling out others' religion when they commit crimes, and as long as they're "christian."

It does not mater that she's Muslim.
edit on 8-12-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
There are legions of Christian politicians who've been caught with their hand in the cookie jar but you never hear their religion brought up when announcing their crime. Interesting. 🧐

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

So if any American that wasn't a politician or holding an office did this, they would not only have to leave, but they would be held legally accountable. Are they going to hold a trial anf put her in prison for stealing taxpayers dollars...or would holding a (more special than everyone else) Muslim accountable for their crimes, offensive to them?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join