It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly-Elected Muslim Democrat State Lawmaker Charged with Stealing More Than $500,000

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

State Rep. Movita Johnson-Harrell, a West Philadelphia Democrat, said Wednesday that she would resign after prosecutors charged her with stealing more than $500,000 from her own nonprofit and spending it on family vacations, designer clothing, furs, personal bills — and her bid for the legislature.

“These criminal charges are beyond disturbing. Rep. Johnson-Harrell is taking responsibility for what she did, and I expect her to resign very soon. She obviously cannot continue serving in elected office," Dermody said in a statement.

LINK

The article, which was published this past Wednesday, states that Johnson-Harrell engaged in “brazen corruption” and then falsified records and financial statements to cover up her crimes. But, she "vigorously" disputes many of the allegations and is totally dismayed at the charges brought up against her.

The funny thing is, this is the 2nd Pennsylvania lawmaker charged with criminal activity in a year's time....and both are Democrats.

The charges against Johnson-Harrell mean she is poised to become the second state lawmaker from the West Philadelphia district to leave office under a cloud of criminal accusations in one year.

LINK

From December 2018:

State Rep. Vanessa Lowery Brown resigned from office Tuesday, saying she was leaving public service “under protest” as she appeals her conviction on bribery and other charges.

In her resignation letter, the Philadelphia Democrat highlighted the words of the Dauphin County judge who last month sentenced her to 23 months of probation, noting that he expressed concerns about the undercover sting investigation that led to her conviction and downfall.

LINK

I think both of these Dem lawmakers took a page from Hillary Clinton's playbook:

So, are Democratic politicians good leaders, or are they good criminals?

“All politicians want to do is get the power, then they can just steal anything they want. Money is the reason behind all the problems in our country.”

Democrats are not patriots, they are criminals

There is not a lack of money in Democrat-controlled cities; there is a lack of responsibility, and simply a problem of theft. Destroyed roads, rusted buildings, homeless, lack of economic opportunity … these are the things that are brought with ‘progressive’ policies, along with the highest taxes in the country.

Where does all that money go? It sure doesn’t go into infrastructure. It goes into the pockets of politicians and their supporters.

LINK

So, when is another Muslim Democrat going to be charged with criminal activity?

Don't hold your breath folks, Rep. Ilhan Omar says that the eight instances of perjury, the immigration and marriage fraud, the eight years of state and federal tax fraud, the two years of federal student loan fraud, and even the accusation of bigamy are all lies...so she must be innocent.

edit on 12/7/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

So, are Democratic politicians good leaders, or are they good criminals?

They're just bad criminals.

Just some are better than others with connections.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Very disgusting and what a real world example to portray the reality of how easy it is to steal from the coffers of hard working Americans?

Thanks for posting this and revealing to us the SCUM that festers in government, this, SWAMP.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
"You have been charged with a crime."

"Press One to be charged under US law, Press Two for Sharia..."

*Sound of one being slammed over and over again*

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
These recent wannabe's of Barack, Michelle, and Hillary thought they could go right on in and loot anything their eyes or mind could imagine, and get away with it.

The rabid and feral wantonness of this person in the OP though is more akin to overseas 411 scam gone wrong because it was so derelict of even a smidgen of common sense or decency.

ETA: Of course Barack and Hillary had really good Mafia advisors and training in the earlier years to not get prosecuted, plus paid off officials and Judges, prosecutors.
edit on 7-12-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: eta

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
People who do not want to follow the rules actually try to get elected under the Democratic ticket these days. Think about it, liberals want to change the rules so they do not think they need to follow ones they do not believe are right.. It is not a surprise, she was probably going to try to make what she did legal within her term of service. Liberals also want to backdate any law or social changes to cover people who did things in the past. You see it in the news every day, blast someone for doing something twenty years ago that is only now not socially acceptable.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

What religion can we blame Republican Congressman Duncan Hunter's corruption on?

edit on 7-12-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

It matters that she's a Muslim....why?

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I think you meant to say Christian Republican Congressman Duncan Hunter pleads guilty...because corruption.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Are you downplaying her faith? I'm sure it matters to her, maybe not to you.

Seems a bit insensitive.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
WTF does Muslim have to do with it?

Nope, not bigoted at all

She, if guilty is scumbag, her religion has not much to do with anything.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Seems a bit insensitive.

Does her faith have any bearing on the crime for which she's charged?

Seems a bit hypersensitive to suggest as much.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Travel to the middle east and proclaim that you are an American Christian.

It will become apparent very quickly, why religions have bearing on the behaviour and treatment of some humans.

It's the equivalent of storming into Berkley and announcing you are a Trump supporter.

Except probably worse.
edit on 7-12-2019 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou
And WTF does that have to do with the OP?

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou
a reply to: Liquesence

Travel to the middle east and proclaim that you are an American Christian.

But we are in America.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Seems a bit insensitive.

Does her faith have any bearing on the crime for which she's charged?

Seems a bit hypersensitive to suggest as much.

No, but as someone who probably carries their faith pretty close to their heart as what identifies them, I'm actually shocked at how some of you want to strip that away from her and pretend she's "just some woman" when she herself would probably always want to state that she is a muslim woman.

I actually feel bad for her. I can see how painful it would be to have someone take something she holds so dear away from her and try to reduce her to something less than what she believes.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Regardless of party the thing that I get pissed about is yeah this lady got caught but how many of these people on all the levels of politics get away with this exact same thing with our money.

I am getting really tired looking at my paycheck and seeing the amount of money being taken out that is just wasted or outright stolen by these people.

The courts need to start really punishing these people much more severely maybe that will help

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

It has to do with core values.

If your allegiance is to a diety/religion, then your beliefs dictate what is right and wrong for you.

Home is where the heart is.

If your heart is of a radical terroristic disposition, stealing from other people in a country you despise is not a big deal.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

No

Exactly.

Therefore, her religion is irrelevant, but the inclusion is simply trolling on the part of the OP because it does not matter the faith of the accused, unless the crime was committed under the auspices of, or in the name of, said religion.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

edit on 7-12-2019 by Liquesence because: bad link

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join