It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Worked for Alex Jones. I Regret It.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Veryolduser

I didn’t read the whole thing like I probably should have because of how the author reaches to find fault with Alex.

I did read the whole thing and you're not wrong. It's basically a New York Times hit piece. Having said that, Alex Jones is a piece of work. Kind of like ATS in aggregate.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

They all seem to run their course. It seems to be the same way with everything, even with my job.

I used to get excited when something new was brought on board, but now it seems to be more about the bells, whistles, new technology, and new gadgets than it is about substance and purpose.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Why does he look 15 years older..

Because he's actually Bill Hicks, born in 61'.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
He's there just to catch people as they start to think out side of the box, then he just shoves them into a new one.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What's wrong with gay amphibians?

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
m.youtube.com...

Alex Jones crashing a Hillary rally in an armored car was pretty hilarious though.

He puts out so much misinformation/disinformation that it’s impossible to take him seriously, but moments like the video above are pretty funny stuff.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Not a fan of AJ but I personally don't blame him for the fact that some people take everything he says as gospel. No one should ever be that uncritical (which is the complete antithesis of skepticism...which is the entire foundation of conspiracy theories in the first place).

It illustrates a failure of the system to properly educate people. We teach people to absorb information uncritically and spit it back out on command. We do not (generally) teach people to analyze it or how to remain skeptical and sane at the same time). You can call AJ an opportunistic liar and manipulator or whatever else he may be (and probably is) but you can't blame him for the vulnerabilities people like him exploit. These are vulnerabilities that are built into the educational system on purpose. They don't have to exist. It's lazy educating. And frankly, the people who do it are master manipulators themselves. Which is why they don't want people thinking critically in the first place.

Guy like AJ walks in and he sees that the American education system is boot camp for turning the human mind into a computer that blindly accepts it's programming as long as it's presented in the right way. So he finds a way to get on edge and make people open their minds and there he's in.
edit on 7-12-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

We also don't generally teach people to expect profit motive everywhere and in every single situation they find themselves in. Who would have guessed someone who claims to be anti-establishment actually just wants their money? Well, you'd need critical thinking skills that could be threatening to the economy for that.
edit on 7-12-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Leroy33860

His expose of bohemian grove and his earlier documentaries brought a lot of people into alternative news and conspiracy sites such as ATS. For that i'm thankful to him. He just got caught up in building a brand and soothing his ego became more important than the truth. Now he's doing more damage than good.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Leroy33860
Thank you for posting this and sharing your story. I cannot begin to imagine how difficult it was to witness what a wack job he is. He is a total charlatan and should be in prison. S&F - excellent post!

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

The thing about blaming the education system is that snake oil salesman were more abundant before state educational systems.

Critical thinking comes with logic... Or trial and error.

But with all that said this thread is a good one, it's good to think about why people get into conspiracies and the likes. Fact is people like Jones take advantage of people and there's 1000's of reasons a person may be vulnerable to such influence.

Good conspiracy theorists question everything, even themselves.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Uh-huh, paranoid, toxic worldviews are not constructive and most people have good intentions.

The problem is some conspiracy is valid and it's difficult to navigate the slippery slope into delusional paranoia. Some paranoia about people seeking power is very, very wise. It's a matter of degrees and most likely scenarios.

Jones was likely allowed to muddy this exercise in discernment.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

The sad thing is that critical thinking is going the way of mother wit, and common sense. It is dying and near gone.

It used to be annoying, but expected, to hear the question "why" every time you told a child something. Now the common response is "okay".

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: underwerks

They put lead in the supplements? I haven't heard of this before, did people die or?

They don't put lead in their supplements...

Smdh

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

He's entertainment, like Maddow. Both are equally liable to tell the truth as they pander to their base and tell them what they want to hear.
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Or Fox news.

You do know in other countries, they are not allowed to use the term 'news', as they are considered an ENTERTAINMENT media.

Folks here follow them like the Kings gospel, and its just ENTERTAINMENT.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Annakin Skywalker; Bill Hicks-comedian
Darth Vader; Alex Jones-agent provocateur

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Yeah I was being sarcastic to prove a point, lol.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: gallop

Yeah I was being sarcastic to prove a point, lol.

lol..

dang nabbit...

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

If he really was Bill Hicks can you imagine how mind blowing that'd be?

It'd mean everything's a complete lie because the establishment would've called him on it already years ago, and since they didn't they're complicit on the plot together.

That would mean they purposely had him do the Bohemian Grove stuff and the 911 stuff etc - literally purposely informed us of themselves via their comedian turned agent.

That means a vast majority of our common knowledge could be completely tainted by our overlords. Most of what we think we know, what we think is reality, could in fact be a lie.

It's plausible. I can't help but wonder and suspect, our rulers don't have a good track record at all, nothing is what it seems - ever.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   
There are some very serious accusations in this article.
The NYT should have included rebuttal/comments in response from Alex Jones, but they failed to do so.
That's not good. It's a pretty sad state of affairs when a major news outlet pushes ex employees grievances as news.
The world we live in.

Alex Jones seems to need his bogeymen to titilate his audience and the NYT are the same. Two sides of the same coin.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
It would take a special type of person to like working for Alex Jones and standing up against the official censors of our times. Do you like getting continually sued? Do you like getting death threats? Do you like getting stalked? Do you like getting offered money to lie? Do you like people coming after your family? Do you like going through hell?

No Baloney On Saturday Live Dec 7

Roy Potter has been a bit up and down with Alex over the years. He is impressed by this Saterday's live feed about the Druge Report and other things.

Working for Info Wars is a tough job. Without the fortitude to stand for what you believe in and the wisdom to know what your are getting into it is reasonable to expect tough lessons and regrets in attempting this line of work.

Alex has my respect in trying to hold a beacon of truth amongst the waves of deception sweeping the nation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join