It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Attack on Pearl Harbor Was One of the Best Things That Could Have Happened

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I concede your point.

Also since the claimed ship was claimed to be named Maddox and there have been several of that name and in respect for the men that died serving aboard her I believe your argument and investigation on this point deserve a thread of there own.
The USS Maddox DD-622 was sunk by a German Junkers JU 88 while on submarine patrol during the invasion of Sicily, the bomb sadly hit the magazine which blow the stern of the ship and she was less than a year old at the time of her loss.
www.ussmaddox.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It was just like 9-11. Allowed to happen. They had future knowledge of it. So they didn't learn anything and neither did we as civilians. They did it again for 9-11. They will probably do it again in the future.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
With this being the 78th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, I thought that it might be a good time to throw this out here.

The attack on Pearl Harbor was one of the best things that could have happened to the U.S. Navy.

Now, let me explain my reasons for saying this. I spent from 1982 through 1987 in the Navy. My squadron deployed on aircraft carriers. The Navy has a policy of continuing the professional education of it's personnel. One of the main subjects of this is U.S. Naval History. As a result the libraries on Navy bases and on ship have a large selection of reading material. (this was before the Internet) One of those sources are thesis from the Naval Postgraduate School. I read one that was titled "Thank God For Pearl Harbor". I'm going to list some of the reasons in that thesis.

1. The attack saved many lives. If the Japanese wouldn't have attacked Pearl, the Fleet would have gone to the defense of the Philippines. At the time the Japanese Fleet out numbered and out classed the US Fleet. Almost half of the lives lost in the attack came from one battleship, the USS Arizona. Five other battleships were sunk or damaged in the attack, but, the majority of their crews survived, by being able to swim ashore or by being rescued. If the attack hadn't happened the US Fleet would have engaged the Japanese in the open ocean, resulting in a larger loss of life.

2. Four out of the six battleships were able to be salvaged and returned to duty, because of their being sunk in shallow water. Again if the US Fleet had gone after the Japanese Fleet, odds are that they would have been sunk in deep water, with no chance of salvage.

3. The attack changed the doctrine of the US Navy. It forced them to use the forces that they had left. The aircraft carriers and submarines. Prior to the attack, Navy doctrine was to use the carriers and submarines as scouts to locate enemy forces so that they could be engaged by the battleships. Little thought was given to attacking with carriers or using submarines to interdict the enemy's supply lines.

4. The attack forced the US Navy to modernize it's aircraft and tactics. Many planes were destroyed in the attack, but, the pilots and flight crews survived. The few pilots who got into the air found that they were out matched by Japanese fighter aircraft. The Navy was forced to replace it's aircraft with newer models. If the attack hadn't happened they would have gone up against the Japanese in the older aircraft and probably would have lost more pilots and aircrew. This was later proven by how easy the Japanese shot down the aircraft based on Midway during the Battle of Midway.

These are just some things to think about.

My grandpa would disagree with you, sir. I heard the story of Pearl harbor first hand, and our government let the Japanese murder thousands in the name of galvanizing the county into war.

HOW DARE YOU IMPLY THOSE MEN DESERVED THAT FATE!?

In my opinion, you're just another self diluted lemming with no concept of honor or integrity. I'm pretty sure my grandpa would kick your ass if you tried to peddle this crap. He watched his buddies get blown to pieces in their beds. He watched drowning men get gunned down by planes making strafe runs.

You asshairs think just because you saw Pearl harbor or read a historians take on the subject that you know better.

You don't. And it's sick to say it needed to happen. You should feel morbidly ashamed.

edit on 10-12-2019 by Knightshadowz because: Honoring the dead.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Knightshadowz

congrats - another one who utterly failed to read or comprehend the OP

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Really? I'm stating the contents of a Thesis for a Master's Degree in Military History presented to the Naval Postgraduate School. You can feel however you want about it.

edit on 10-12-2019 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: Astronomer62
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The First and Second World Wars were full of astrology belief and days were chosen to give a focus to events, Even religious days were used as on 6th August 1945 when the Atom Bomb was dropped.
The feast day of the Transfiguration of Christ is 6th August, in simplicity, Jesus climbs up Mount Tabor with a few disciples, when suddenly he was transformed into a blinding white light, so the disciples had to turn away.
Soon after a large cloud appeared, and from the cloud was heard a voice "This is my son, who i love, listen to him".
It probably is the experience that the Japanese had, a bright light, a huge cloud, before their negative photograph was imprinted into the pavement.
I wonder what 33 degree mason and president Harry Truman had in his mind as his "Little Boy" bomb dropped to Earth?
I'm not keen on this type of symbolism, or playing God.
www.allaboutjesuschrist.org...

That is All Well and Good , but it is Merely an Afterthought to the Beginning of the Conflict between the Japanese Empire and the United States Of America commenced After the Attack on Pearl Harbor which is the Subject of this Thread .

There was little doubt that the Japanese used astrology at Pearl Harbour, as i explain near the bottom of this page and next below:-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
By the way, I spent five years in the Navy. We got to Beirut right after the Marine Barracks Bombing and ran Medevacs for the Marines injured there.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join