It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reddit says UK-US trade talks document leak 'linked to Russia'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Arnie123

I had the same reaction when I read your thread about the scary Russian boogeymens

That's because in your Trumpian world the Russians can do no wrong , in the real world those who know better know better.

I could respond with the fact that your delusions of the Russian war machine preying upon innocent Nations is laughable, but reality says that all Nations are vying for power and influence, things that benefit them and them only.

I just wish you had this same reaction with Imperialistic China.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: gortex

All of it Gortex. All of this 'coordinated attacks on western democracy". Big Russian boogeyman man. Internet Bullsh!t that barely anyone even noticed u til the MSM said "ZOMG RUSSIANS!!".

It's all f#cking nonsense and you should know better.

Of course Russia is doing it. So does the UK, and the US, and everyone else who is able to.
Bingo 🥰😘

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I just wish you had this same reaction with Imperialistic China.

I wrote a thread about the Spratly Islands a couple of years ago and know full well the threat China poses , I also understand the threat Russia poses and the games that have been played between the East and the West.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So why has `nt Boris released that document about Russians financing British MPs ? He was quick enough to blame them pesky Russians for the Salisbury incident. I guess it would show a load of Tory MPs taking money from the reds under the bed.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Wow , I knew the defenders would turn up but I didn't think it would be so soon.

defenders? LOL, paranoid much? I just laugh at the idea that since Russia diddled in the 2016 election, Ukraine couldn't have. And that is all that's needed to "debunk" it. I don't doubt Russia is poking around over there, so I hope that makes you feel a bit more snug in all your fears brought on by the Reddit investigation team.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thanks to the internet and "smart"phones its so much easier for evryone to stick their beak in where it does not belong.
You can just imagine all the psy ops people all over the world rubbbing their hands together with glee when they realized that they are able to send messages out across the whole planet,and into everyones homes/heads.

What used to take a lot of work and effort,like getting a fake journalist a job to spread false ideas/propaganda or release sensitive information is now as easy as posting on reddit/fakebook or any other platform..
Get a few thousands bots to give the fake upvotes/likes and its job done-your message is now out in the wild,and grows when the dumb/crazy percentage of humanity jumps on it.

I said years ago-this technological age is a trojan horse.
It will make everyones life better they told us.
It will bring people together they told us.
It will spread knowledge and education they told us.

Instead it has done the opposite,and as we today stand on the precipice of an authoritarian A.I. techno-kleptocratic nightmare future which will make the Borg seem like a benevolent entity,I for one am far from enthused about the direction our technology is taking us.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

so I hope that makes you feel a bit more snug in all your fears brought on by the Reddit investigation team.

Where did I say I had fears ?
It doesn't surprise me that when the left wing Marxist is trailing in the polls to the right wing capitalist candidate that Russia would try to influence the election in their favour by whatever means , lets face it they have form.

It's a political thing that is happening hence the thread , no fear , no hysterics just the story.
edit on 7-12-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

So according to the MSM, Putin wants a Marxist in Number 10 and a full blown capitalist "far right" guy in the White House?

Capitalist, Marxist, none of that matters in any of this. It never mattered in Russia and it doesn’t here. The only thing that matters is how easily exploitable the system in question is. How easily the people leading it are swayed by money and power.

People actually believe the labels “Capitalist” and “Marxist” mean anything. They’re nothing more than a means to an end.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

If its the case its shame is takes the Russians to give us the truth. It should be forthcoming from our own politicians.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

People actually believe the labels “Capitalist” and “Marxist” mean anything.

They are ideologies by which the winning candidate will run the country , so far Capitalism has a better track record than Marxism.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Wow , I knew the defenders would turn up but I didn't think it would be so soon.

Did you forget this is ATS not Reddit?

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
U.K has seen how effective it was in the U.S to blame Russia for Trump.
They are going to do the same.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Thanks to the internet and "smart"phones its so much easier for evryone to stick their beak in where it does not belong.
You can just imagine all the psy ops people all over the world rubbbing their hands together with glee when they realized that they are able to send messages out across the whole planet,and into everyones homes/heads.

What used to take a lot of work and effort,like getting a fake journalist a job to spread false ideas/propaganda or release sensitive information is now as easy as posting on reddit/fakebook or any other platform..
Get a few thousands bots to give the fake upvotes/likes and its job done-your message is now out in the wild,and grows when the dumb/crazy percentage of humanity jumps on it.

I said years ago-this technological age is a trojan horse.
It will make everyones life better they told us.
It will bring people together they told us.
It will spread knowledge and education they told us.

Instead it has done the opposite,and as we today stand on the precipice of an authoritarian A.I. techno-kleptocratic nightmare future which will make the Borg seem like a benevolent entity,I for one am far from enthused about the direction our technology is taking us.

Excellent reply on so many levels. Thank you

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I wish the UK media would decide whose side Russia are on 🤣🤣 One day Russia want us out of the EU the next they don't, they can't have it both ways, what a joke! Forget Russia, there are plenty on these very shores who will say anything to retain their power and wealth.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Reddit does? Really? Reddit? What a wonderful news source!

Stupid response.

Corbyn GOT THE DOCUMENT he touted around the media from... yep.. REDDIT.
So if REDDIT is a crap source and can;t be trusted when they say that the document was planted on their site by Russia, then I assume you are rather curious as to why Jeremy Corbyn would use it for his information and plaster it all over the news as a campaign tactic... right?

Corbyn, the man who is asking to be trusted with our national security, is using unfiltered news from reddit. What an idiot, right?

edit on 8/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Rather like the hacked climate gate emails, it doesn't matter how the leak happened or who released the info, what matters is, is the information correct. If it is correct then all it does is shine a light on lies and corruption at governmental level, which in itself is manipulating the outcome of the election with their deceptions. I would rather know the full facts/truth before voting, than believe the government lies and make a vote that then turns out to be detrimental to the country.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
Rather like the hacked climate gate emails, it doesn't matter how the leak happened or who released the info, what matters is, is the information correct.

Apparently the document has been changed. Corbyn has been played.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Do not shoot the messenger, look at the message.
Virtually everyone is saying the documents are a con. So how come is Boris quoting certain parts to defend. It doesn't mean that, it means this. Anyone (if this is true) who believes it would be suicide if the Tories sold off the NHS had better get their heads out of the sand. Cos IF the Tories get in they WILL have 4 years of unrestricted power to do whatever they want. And that includes selling off the NHS.
Exactly like they sold off North Sea Oil, railways, Royal Mail, British Steel, UK coal etc. etc. etc. Need I go on.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

How in the world is a trade document between two allies linked to Russia? The news is getting insane at this point.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

All of it Gortex. All of this 'coordinated attacks on western democracy". Big Russian boogeyman man. Internet Bullsh!t that barely anyone even noticed u til the MSM said "ZOMG RUSSIANS!!".

It's all f#cking nonsense and you should know better.

Of course Russia is doing it. So does the UK, and the US, and everyone else who is able to.

I know but the difference here is that the 'Five Eyes' are using it as weaponised propaganda against their own citizens.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join