It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Solomon Lists Serious “Civil Liberties” Issues in DOJ FISA Report Coming Out Monday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
So Solomon was on Lou Dobbs last night, and said the following.

Solomon: Well, listen, he didn’t actually subpoena my phone records, I want to be clear about that. He subpoenaed Rudy Giuliani’s and Lev Parnas’ and then extracted my numbers as the only reporter. Now I know other reporters had conversations with those two men, but I’m the only one who ends up having his records released.And it makes me wonder whether it’s political payback, I know my friends feel that way. Because a few months ago I wrote a story exposing the fact that Mr. Schiff, chairman Schiff, had met with Glenn Simpson at the sidelines of the Aspen Institute, at a time when he shouldn’t have been having contact with Glenn Simpson. It feels like a political payback. But at the end of the day if he wanted to know what the calls were about he should have done some more investigating before he put them out.

100% Screwed up!

Through independent verification. It appears Schiff did meet with Simpson.

What the Department of Justice may discover is that many high ranking Democrats, including Schiff, who curiously met with Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson in Aspen, Colo., in July, and also tried to block the release of Fusion’s financial records to Congress, are co-conspirators themselves alongside high-ranking FBI agents and other deep state actors who manufactured the whole Russian hoax to get Trump.

Boston Herald

Judicial Watch

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that it filed an official complaint with the Office of Congressional Ethics about Rep. Adam Schiff’s (D-CA) controversial communications and contacts with two congressional witnesses: Glenn Simpson of Fusion GPS and Michael Cohen, President Trump’s former personal lawyer

The complaint asks that Rep. Schiff, who is the new chairman of the House Intelligence Community, be investigated in connection with recent revelations that he met with Simpson in Aspen, Colorado, in July 2018and that he and his staff coordinated with Michael Cohen on Cohen’s recent testimony to congressional committees. Cohen’s testimony is alleged to be false in several important respects.

Solomon goes on to discuss the Watchdog Report coming out on Monday. He believes there will be “serious civil liberties issues” in the DOJ FISA Report and lists some of those issues.

Anyone denying that there WASN'T civil liberty violations after watching the 'impeachment' and phone number release hasn't been paying attention.

You don't fire or demote 25 FBI/DOJ officials either.

Was it payback?

Schiff is that small. IMO

The survey says?

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Here's how I see it played out;

The democrats and their sycophants' will downplay any revelations in the report. They will either not report or minimalize any impact that the report might contain.

Everyone else?

Will point to the obvious corruption and clamor for arrests, indictments, trials.

The reality?

No one will go to jail. The corruption within our justice system is too pervasive. We live in a 1st world Banana Republic where justice is not just blind, but deaf, ball-gagged, and tied with duct tape and is in the trunk of someone's car.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The reality?

No one will go to jail. The corruption within our justice system is too pervasive. We live in a 1st world Banana Republic where justice is not just blind, but deaf, ball-gagged, and tied with duct tape and is in the trunk of someone's car.

That needs to change.

In a serious way.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It's obvious to me what this is all about.

Trump doesn't play ball. Draining the swamp meant rooting out corruption, and he's picked the right people, ones that he can trust, because they aren't the ones that play ball either.

Trump comes in to office and says he's going to clear out corruption as part of his time in office. Immediately, these crooks that have been milking the taxpaying Americans for decades, including in Ukraine as is shown in the OP, go "Oh s*iiiiiiiiiiiiiit...." and realize that they have to destroy Trump in every possible way to discredit him before he can show his cards. Stormy Daniels. Emoluments. Mueller and Russian collusion. Ukraine. They have been talking about impeachment since he came into office, not because he talks smack or insults people or doesn't have experience in politics before becoming President... but because he isn't f**king around.

Doing his job means putting America first. He found out that Democrats, our representatives, as well as a presidential candidate (Hillary), colluded to use foreign assets to influence an election by manufacturing dirt on him and generate a false FISA warrant to spy on American citizens. That is the true definition of corruption. Part of that is also tied directly to the people that were involved with taking American tax money in Ukraine and funneling it through a gas company (Burisma), of which, Joe Biden and Hunter Biden have been found to be deeply involved with. That is also corruption, plain as day. Asking for an investigation into that, and speaking directly of what happened with the Russia report and 2016, Trump is putting America and our money that we pay in taxes, first and foremost, and as a tax paying citizen, I want to know that my government is using my money and protecting it.

The left has to do everything possible to get the public to question his integrity so that when he reveals the corruption, nobody will believe him, a classic intelligence and deep state tactic. Use the threat of impeachment the entire term in office and whatever it takes to lose the public trust in the office of the President, and the left believes they can spin their way out of this. I don't see that happening.

They have been playing the narrative about Guiliana, Barr, Durham, the " debunked conspiracy theory", Trump's puppets, all as a form of propaganda, to keep drilling it into people's heads through the mainstream media and create a theme of "don't trust these guys".

This is because they know it's all about to come unraveled. They couldn't manufacture the evidence against Trump, none of it would stand up, not to the public and not a court of law. Use the make-up-as-I-go rules in the house to twist the meaning of impeachment because they can't find any actual crimes he committed and attempt to redefine the Founders own words. They accuse Trump of obstruction for knowing that he is being set up and not backing down from defending himself against false accusations. Then use that for grounds for impeachment.

I wake up every day, not as a party-leaning member, I choose whoever best aligns to my personal values as an American, and do not tow the party line.

When I was younger, I supported Democrats because they sounded more like today's Republicans. Their values and legislative stance was more in line with what I believe in as an American, more fiscally moderate and slightly conservative, clearly more supportive of the middle-class and not ever-increasing taxes. Republicans at the time sounded almost fascist, and supported big corporate interests, almost no government spending (some is good in my opinion when it's the right kind), didn't really care about the middle class. Today, I stand more by Republics, because they sound a lot more like the Democrats of many years passed. The Right has swung more to the middle where Democrats used to be, and the Left has swung really far to the left, on the opposite side of the spectrum of where Republics were many years back. The entire political spectrum has slid to the left to be more aligned to what they perceive as the pulse of Americans. They can still serve bigger interests through lobbying on both sides, and they do, and I think it stinks on both sides.

I'm an American. Maybe a Constitutionalist. I have read a lot of literature on the Founding Fathers, and the things they have said in context, through their personal journals, newspapers from the time, debates during the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution. What I am witnessing is far worse than what they did to Johnson. The abuse of power is gross, not by the President, but by the people who want to see the Presidency destroyed to preserve themselves and their power. That is what the Founding Fathers set out to prevent - any member of government putting themselves above Americans.

I digress.

S&F neo.

~Namaste

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

I've been doing some reading and from what I can figure, the biggest issue the "swamp" has with Trump is his judicial nominations.

The left can't legislate their draconian laws so they want to go through the courts to bypass the Constitution.

Trump is ruining their plans.
edit on 7-12-2019 by DBCowboy because: Network dude has great beer

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

James has a point and the D word was brought up in the Boston Herald snippet.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i.redd.it...
he has now appointed roughly 1 in 5 of all current federal judges

120 district court judges ,48 circuit court judges , and 2 scotus judges and this is just in his first term

This is a comprehensive list of all Article III and Article IV United States federal judges appointed by Donald Trump during his presidency, as well as a partial list of Article I federal judicial appointments, excluding appointments to the District of Columbia judiciary.[1] As of December 5, 2019, the United States Senate has confirmed 172 Article III judges nominated by President Trump, including 2 Associate Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States, 48 judges for the United States Courts of Appeals, 120 judges for the United States District Courts, and 2 judges for the United States Court of International Trade.[2] There are currently 48 nominations to Article III courts awaiting Senate action, including 4 for the Courts of Appeals, 43 for the District Courts and 1 for the Court of International Trade.[3] There is currently 1 vacancy on the U.S. Courts of Appeals, 79 vacancies on the U.S. District Courts, 2 vacancies on the U.S. Court of International Trade,[3] and 16 announced federal judicial vacancies that will occur before the end of Trump's first term (3 for the Courts of Appeals and 13 for District Courts).[4] Trump has not made any recess appointments to the federal courts. In terms of Article I courts, as of December 5, 2019, the Senate has confirmed 13 judges nominated by Trump, including 3 for the United States Court of Federal Claims, 4 for the United States Tax Court, 4 for the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, 1 for the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, and 1 for the United States Court of Military Commission Review. There are currently 13 nominations to Article I courts awaiting Senate action, including 7 for the United States Court of Federal Claims and 4 for the Tax Court and 2 for the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. There are currently 8 vacancies on the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2 on the U.S. Tax Court, 0 on the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, 0 on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Services, and 0 on the U.S. Court of Military Commission Review. Trump designated Susan G. Braden and Margaret M. Sweeney as chief judges of the Court of Federal Claims. In terms of Article IV territorial courts, as of June 12, 2019, Trump has not made any appointments or elevated any judges to the position of chief judge. There is currently 1 nomination to an Article IV court awaiting Senate action.

with 169 more vacancies expected to be filled in various courts before his first term even ends least according to wikipedia which if we add the already appointed justices would take his total to 339(assuming my calculator and math was right and i didnt miss any) that is HUGE which would be 10 more then obama and 50 less then Reagan,and 40 less the old slick willy but their numbers are for TWO terms en.wikipedia.org...

and IF/When he wins re election he is poised to eclipse even Reagan's 4 scotus picks and 383 justices as both Ginsberg and Bryer are quite up there and Clarence may choose to retire under trumps second term so he has the potential if he gets two terms to replace 5 SCOTUS justices in theory at least ,this is exactly what scares the bejesus out of the democrats and helps explain why to republicans he is the golden goose

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Here's how I see it played out;

The democrats and their sycophants' will downplay any revelations in the report. They will either not report or minimalize any impact that the report might contain.

Everyone else?

Will point to the obvious corruption and clamor for arrests, indictments, trials.

The reality?

So your opinion on how the Democrats will handle this is the exact same way the Republicans handle anything involving Donald Trump.

Nice.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Why would it be a problem for Adam Schiff to talk to Glen Simpson?

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

From what I hear the report will be another dud like the last two.
Seems that the dems didn't do anything like what you guys imagine afterall.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Nice would be admiting D's grossly abused their power during the last administration illegal spying on the current prez.

And this entire impeachment farce is a even bigger abuse of power. Complete with even more civil liberty,due process violations.

AND admitting to the GROSS ABUSE of power covering up for presidential challnger's crimes.

Ya know that pervasive corruption.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Why would it be a problem for Adam Schiff to talk to Glen Simpson?

If your asking that.

Someone CLEARLY didn't read.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

One tiny difference.

The democrats are guilty and there is proof whereas Trump is innocent and there is no proof of guilt.

But other than that?

Yeah, the same.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Nice would be admiting D's grossly abused their power during the last administration illegal spying on the current prez.

And this entire impeachment farce is a even bigger abuse of power. Complete with even more civil liberty,due process violations.

AND admitting to the GROSS ABUSE of power covering up for presidential challnger's crimes.

If Donald Trump hadn’t been under surveillance for years then someone is asleep at the wheel in our intelligence agencies. Why do you have so much trouble imagining why a famously corrupt businessman doing shady business deals with foreign adversaries wouldn’t be under surveillance?

A person needs no further evidence of the fake world you all live in than to look at what you think about Donald Trump.

It’s telling that you guys call the Democrats following the constitution an abuse of power, and betrays who you really are more than anything.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Why do you have so much trouble imagining why a famously corrupt businessman doing shady business deals with foreign adversaries wouldn’t be under surveillance?

Because the GD fourth amendment clearly states thats a NO-NO.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
IF shady is the only metric to spy on someone.

Schiff,Pelosi,Waters,Obama,CLINTON should have years of surveillance.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Great thread! John Durham needs to interview Adam Schiff and Glenn Simpson, since they are both tied-in with the SPYGATE scandal.

S&F

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: neo96

If Donald Trump hadn’t been under surveillance for years then someone is asleep at the wheel in our intelligence agencies. Why do you have so much trouble imagining why a famously corrupt businessman doing shady business deals with foreign adversaries wouldn’t be under surveillance?

A person needs no further evidence of the fake world you all live in than to look at what you think about Donald Trump.

It’s telling that you guys call the Democrats following the constitution an abuse of power, and betrays who you really are more than anything.

Interesting.

So you're openly admitting that the Obama administration spied on a presidential candidate in order to influence an election.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I hope Graham gets Schiff and Simpsons phone records.

And orders the NSA to give the contents of what they were talking about.

edit on 7-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Regarding the Senate Impeachment trial, Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham (who will be in charge) says he's hesitant to stray to far away from "the matter at hand".

Has Grassley indicated he will (or has) subpoenaed any phone records?

IMO, the Schiff-FusionGPS (Glen Simpson) connection is in the realm of what Prosecutor John Durham is investigating.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join