It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweet Saturday Morning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It has been a very sweet Saturday morning!

When I went to bed last night I wasn't really feeling up to snuff. The kitchen was a disaster area. Not really complaining about the mess because the hubs (Groot) cooked supper and I told him that since he cooked to leave the mess and I'd deal with it when I got up. Truth be told I wasn't looking forward to it.

When I got up (my alarm goes off at 9am, 7 days a week) I dragged myself out of the blankets prepared to get started on the mess. Instead I found a spotless kitchen- dishes done, trash taken out, counters and stove nice and clean, coffee pot ready to just hit the on button- and to top it all off the hubs had set an alarm on Alexa to start playing some smooth jazz upon my awaking.

I know to most that's probably not a big deal, and it's not exactly a rare event in our household, but dang I appreciate the thoughtfulness of that man!

Ladies, let your husbands know you appreciate the little things- cuz somewhere out there is a whore with a sandwich!

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I'm a fortunate fellow myself. My wife is that woman you just spoke to. Every little thing I do to help her in her life is noticed.

We too have both been sick, for over a week. Her first then me. She is about three or four days ahead of me on the sick cycle. Yesterday she was well enough to go out and do some shopping while I hacked and dribbled. I had done little to nothing for the last week. But this morning I had felt well enough to do last nights dishes. When she woke up she had relapsed from her over exertion yesterday but before she went back to bed, came into my office and hugged me wonderfully and thanked me for doing them, Now she is asleep again and I, though still sick am one lucky guy.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
Ladies, let your husbands know you appreciate the little things- cuz somewhere out there is a whore with a sandwich!

< cracks up > Best life advice/realistic warning ever XD

Last December and in January, I had back-to-back chest colds (or one that didn't completely go away and came back?) Both times when that hot mess of yuck peaked and all I was good for was being a lump under blankets, hubs did the majority of the housework before and after going to work, and had the kids pick up the rest & make me sammiches and soup so I wouldn't have to. It was nice to not have to keep up while feeling like I'd tangoed with a mack truck & lost

Most of the time, though, I really prefer to do most of the housework myself, no matter how under the weather. It's amazing the shortcuts taken to save 2 seconds that lead back to square one quickly < grumbles > And I'm a major stickler for N/S & E/W vacuum pattern, both directions knock the most dust & crud out of the fibers. Hubs and the older kid definitely have a bit of a sensitivity to dust, if you don't do it right the first time, the sneezing continues, dammit! I don't stop anybody from vacuuming, buuuut I will revacuum later.

The kids are in charge of the animals -- grooming, feeding, and cleaning housing. Except cleaning the fish tank/water changes, that was a disaster. Water EVERYWHERE, holy crap. For the most part, they can handle the animal care just fine. Just not the water-dwelling kind. It's not that they're sloppy about it, they get stupid and try to get each other wet. Except they miss and get everything else wet

I do try to relent & get the kids to wash the dishes a few times a week, but lately, I'm wondering if it's even worth it. I've caught the older kid washing them in stone cold water despite knowing better, and let's not get started on the half-assed silverware scrubbing. Yep, definitely looking into a portable dishwasher next year, definitely going to at least consider that. Load it, fill the dispenser, and turn it on, kid, it's so easy for you that it's brain-dead easy.
Now that I say that, watch us buy one and the kids immediately break it somehow.
edit on 12/7/2019 by Nyiah because: oops, bungled the tags

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

We have been passing the crud back and forth as well. It started toward the end of September. Three different respiratory viruses have been passed back and forth between us and now flu season is upon us. Going to be a rough winter I think.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Sometimes no help can be better than kid help, that's for sure! lol!

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

...cuz somewhere out there is a whore with a sandwich!

You have her address?

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

She's usually at the gas station down the road on payday, sandwich in hand and all!

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

She's usually at the gas station down the road on payday, sandwich in hand and all!

Awesome, thanks. Hopefully the sushi at this gas station is good too, I'm all about making great decisions today.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

One of our granddaughters lives in the next town, about an hours drive away. We don't get to see her much but when we do it is always sweet. Our second great grand child calls us GGma and GGpa. She is two and finally old enough to recognize us as part of herself rather than as strange beings from another dimension. Three weeks ago they came to visit and she, for the first time ran right to us rather than playing the shy like in the past, feeling at home in our house and with us. Chatter chatter chatter. Loving and kissing and hugging. The trade off was she had heavy stuff running from her nose a lot of the time and we knew what was coming but the trade off was worth it.

As well, much of our ailments are respiratory and we are expecting a shut in winter as well. Hibernation.

So good luck to you and yours Geaux and stay well. See you around the boards.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

It's those little things that make you not smash his dome in when he does something dumb. So please, remember them as well as you do all the wrong things he has said and done over the years. -Some random guy who understands.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Let's be honest here, a lot of the time the whore doesn't even have the damn sammich!

I emphatically agree with network dude.
edit on 12/7/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

He's never made me mad enough to smash in his dome, but that snoring has had me pretty close a few times to smothering him with a pillow!

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

It has been a very sweet Saturday morning!

When I went to bed last night I wasn't really feeling up to snuff. The kitchen was a disaster area. Not really complaining about the mess because the hubs (Groot) cooked supper and I told him that since he cooked to leave the mess and I'd deal with it when I got up. Truth be told I wasn't looking forward to it.

When I got up (my alarm goes off at 9am, 7 days a week) I dragged myself out of the blankets prepared to get started on the mess. Instead I found a spotless kitchen- dishes done, trash taken out, counters and stove nice and clean, coffee pot ready to just hit the on button- and to top it all off the hubs had set an alarm on Alexa to start playing some smooth jazz upon my awaking.

I know to most that's probably not a big deal, and it's not exactly a rare event in our household, but dang I appreciate the thoughtfulness of that man!

Awww, thank you babe !

But to be honest, I was wide awake and bored , and maybe hoping for a little reward for my efforts.

Love ya !

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

somewhere out there is a whore with a sandwich!

You got her number?
Those are two great things that go great together.
I'll cover the booze and hippy tunes.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

My wife agrees with you, and routinely reminds me that she has read enough books to know how to dispose of the body.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Homefree

No number, but at a convenience store about a mile or so up the road from us hubs was actually propositioned by a hooker holding a sandwich when he stopped for beer on his way home from work- so we constantly crack jokes about it. Lucky for me he knows the best sandwiches are here at home!

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

No number, but at a convenience store about a mile or so up the road from us hubs was actually propositioned by a hooker holding a sandwich when he stopped for beer on his way home from work- so we constantly crack jokes about it. Lucky for me he knows the best sandwiches are here at home!

I will marry this woman right here and now!

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree

I will marry this woman right here and now!

She is a short , slightly chubby african-American woman hanging around the Marathon gas station at the corner of Manslick and Gagel in Louisville. Bring an extra thick condom. LOL !

new topics

top topics

join