It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rambo: Last Blood and RottenTomatoes.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
These days, it wouldn't be all that difficult to make your own movies if you really feel that strongly about it. And it certainly isn't difficult at all to publish your own review of a movie. If you don't like someone's review of a movie, don't read it.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Actually it's the opposite, those with TDS insist on putting him in everything.

Jaden

Well, I'd just point out that Obama didn't personally fight with everyone who criticized him on Twitter. I mean, I'm sorry. I'm not really a Democrat (W Bush didn't do it either) but Trump is not a subtle guy and he's not a diplomat. He doesn't do himself any favors with his behavior.

And I don't have to (shouldn't have to) tell you that Bush faced exactly the same kind of constant criticism as Trump does. I would argue that Bush handled it with a lot more maturity and class. As much as I didn't like the things that happened under Bush, I have to look back and respect the man for that.

Excuse me, but this is about Rotten Tomatoes. You say Trump inserts himself into everything but the way I see it here, you and the critics are inserting Trump into everything yourselves. Trump has NOTHING to do with this. Just another example of the MSM leading the gullible public along without them even knowing.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Actually it's the opposite, those with TDS insist on putting him in everything.

Jaden

Well, I'd just point out that Obama didn't personally fight with everyone who criticized him on Twitter. I mean, I'm sorry. I'm not really a Democrat (W Bush didn't do it either) but Trump is not a subtle guy and he's not a diplomat. He doesn't do himself any favors with his behavior.

And I don't have to (shouldn't have to) tell you that Bush faced exactly the same kind of constant criticism as Trump does. I would argue that Bush handled it with a lot more maturity and class. As much as I didn't like the things that happened under Bush, I have to look back and respect the man for that.

Excuse me, but this is about Rotten Tomatoes. You say Trump inserts himself into everything but the way I see it here, you and the critics are inserting Trump into everything yourselves. Trump has NOTHING to do with this. Just another example of the MSM leading the gullible public along without them even knowing.

Well, the OP was talking about left wing bias on Rotten Tomaters. I was responding to that. How does the OP in this thread have nothing to do with what it says?

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

hmmm... shill no? (sorry for my english)

well it's quite easy if a movie pushes the agenda 'main contributors' will parrot a different thing. Everything goes much deeper than just contributing to a site. On a global scale it's about changing culture. Woke stuff gets high ratings. Is there a Bechdel and a mori mori test in it it gets higher rating. Rambo last blood was a bit of # but also honest. If writers adapt scripts to be pc correct the script is usually very weak. At that point all the shills on rotten tomato start praising their products. Maybe they get paid , this isn't that farfetched because if bechdel test (for example) can lead to funding. It might also be possible that favoring a movie with somekind of test in it can lead to somekind of reward.

At the same time I like to hang out on conspiracy sites and many conspiracies deal with changing pop-culture. from the 60 and onward it became cool to divorce. Hollywood even promoting it like a very cool thing. The results are here. I a broader context a strong alpha-male , and alpha-male behaviour is against that 'agenda'. Viewed that way the ratings on RT make always sense.

*However there a also good shows with LGBTQDFAS+RAINBOWFARTS agenda and with the toxicity that also exist that shows dont get an honest rating (by average citizens) either. so the blade cuts on both sides.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I absolutely loved "Rambo: Last Blood."

I think it's my favorite of the Rambo movies.

It's kinda weak in its last act, but the build up to it is incredible stuff.

The 2008 film - the one before this one - was good, but I found "Last Blood" to be a MUCH better story.

I remember the 2008 being violent-violent-violent, non-stop violent, but I couldn't really tell you much about the actual story. Some people needed Rambo to guide them through a dangerous place, I think.

I don't really like "Rambo III" at all. I loved "Rambo: First Blood Part II" and I enjoy "First Blood", but "Last Blood" is my favorite story out of all of them. I think I've said that enough now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join