It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rambo: Last Blood and RottenTomatoes.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

So if Rambo is a product of the Republican party, then what is the product of the Democratic party?

I'm gonna say Call me by my name, the movie romanticizing and promoting the idea of an adult preying on and abusing a child.
edit on 7-12-2019 by snarfbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Professional critics often hate movies most people like.

In this case most people hated it too since it was a box office bomb.

And comments like this are hysterical:

Last Blood is basically Taken meets Home Alone, only racist.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

It really should be. Many "trusted" reviewers / platforms lock out user reviews for the first week(s) as to sway public opinion. See Captain Marvel as one reference. If you do, i'd looks at outside opinions of how that review scheme went down. That's when rotten decided to start paying attention and actively doing something about it.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Everything. Not the party though. It's of those who have extreme democratic leanings.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: snarfbot

Just to clarify, you know that is not my opinion but an excerpt of one of the reviews, right?

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I think I picked up "blatherskite" from a Tom Robbins novel.

Though I love language in general, too, I am particularly fond of and feel obligated to learn as many synonyms for "nonsense" as I possibly can.

They all sound good. Flapdoodle. Claptrap. Balderdash. Jabberwocky. Poppycock. Even malarkey is cool, in spite of Biden's recent campaign appropriation.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
From what I understand it isn't a very good movie.
I don't pay attention to RT ratings. There are some reviewers like Critical Drinker that can make reviews more entertaining than the movies they review. The few like him don't pull punches when reviewing and are far from being woke.

The Critical Drinker is my go to movie critic.

The Drinker is more woke than the 'woke'.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I second the Nerdrotic recommendation along with the Critical Drinker.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

So we need to portray blacks and hispanics as criminals and murderers ... I thought that was what we weren't supposed to do. These people need to keep their story straight.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
I just thought all the references to republicans, Trump, etc.. stood out like a slap in the face. Never saw any of that pre-2016.

It appears that it doesn't matter what it is, no one can take anything at face value. It's a freakin' Rambo movie.. lol

Still, not watched it yet.

Yeah, I hate when people can't discuss anything without bringing up "Trump Era", alt-right, etc.

The same reviewers wouldn't use "far left" or Obama-era when reviewing a movie with overt leftist ideology.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So paid shill at rotten tomatoes don't like rambo. so what ? being a critic at Rotten means following the left agenda. Not the best Rambo ever but certainl not as bad as the shills rate it. Whole franchise , every franchise , crap out a LGBTQ + rainbow and a unicorn and they are happy. Common denominator all groups with weak identities that have no moral compas are prefered by the left. Left is noting more than insanity at it's finest. Nothing to do with real liberalism. Just a way to control and change society. Following the money trail at Rotten tomatoes could be very interesting. qui bono ?

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Yes of course, I agree with your opinion that they are pussy's too, LOL

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

I think I picked up "blatherskite" from a Tom Robbins novel.

Though I love language in general, too, I am particularly fond of and feel obligated to learn as many synonyms for "nonsense" as I possibly can.

They all sound good. Flapdoodle. Claptrap. Balderdash. Jabberwocky. Poppycock. Even malarkey is cool, in spite of Biden's recent campaign appropriation.

Haha yes, he's ruined Malarkey for me.. 'twas one of my favourites..

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I second the Nerdrotic recommendation along with the Critical Drinker.

Then it is a done thing. I'll be checking them both out.

Not for the fact the name Critical Drinker resonates with me, but.. well.. yeah mostly that!!

I need new things in my youtube feed. Looked up some very old Australin tv shows, and now I'm inundated.. time to fix that.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That was the entire gist of my thread. It seems over the top, and beyond being a critic of the movie, but applying a personal approach to sticking it to the current status quo. Which is not a critique, but a .. well, a blatant way of just saying OMB.

Not what I was hoping for in reviews of the movie, opinions of it, and a general feel of the general public.

I mean, I understand critics are going to be using personal bias when they critique a movie, but this... it was almost 100%.. yet they didn't even touch on the number of ordinary folk who watched it. 82% said "It was ok!".. but go by RT and you'd think it was the worst movie ever made in existence.

Skewed to the max... which is why I actually read their opinions. Not much about the movie, but how it made them feel. That's not criticism.. that's bias.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

A paid shill? no, the main contributors to that site all parroted nearly the same thing. At face value, they all said it, and they are the front face of the site.

If you then follow down to read the actual average citizens comments, it's a vastly different opinion.

My point was, you look there with a cursory glance, see it's got a rating of 27% and think "Meh.. sounds like crap."

but if you dig deeper, and really see what's being said, it's the ones being held up on their RT pedestal that sound off, while the average movie goer says "I likes it! wasn't too bad. A bit #, but still.. it was a revenge movie!"

None of this "Trump movies suck" fiasco.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

So we need to portray blacks and hispanics as criminals and murderers ... I thought that was what we weren't supposed to do. These people need to keep their story straight.

Well, bloods, crips, cartels.. you want to paint them as saints?

You do realise what reality is, right? We cannot paint outside the lines here.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Or should we now consider the kindly white folk in American History X as just unfortunate souls caught up in a myriad of unfortunate circumstance?

Oooohh I bet that one gets your ticker tocking.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

All the more reason to never stop.. I don't.. some call me an annoying persistent psychopath in other places.

But when they create silence in order for the noise to be quelled, and only those vested in upholding a wanted opinion remain, there I am... Boo!

Oh then it's easy to point and say "Look at that..".. but I don't care. The internet knows me.. in various forms.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The Critical Drinker, I love his reviews. I think The Critical Drinker refers to these people as Activist instead of reviewers, always pushing the SWJ/PC ideology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join