It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Elon Musk is found NOT guilty of defaming British cave explorer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I don't particularly care if he is or if he isn't....where there is smoke there is fire......if we use macro-context its Elons words against his word....and I give credence to Elons words......I pay attention to smoke and put out fires if I can.....like every good well intended person should do....I do not make a little "safe-spot" to preserve and protect any of the flames at all....it all goes out because THAT IS IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE masses....imho THE NEEDS OF THE MANY OUTWEIGH THE NEEDS OF THE FEW...FULL STOP.....I AM NOT PERFECT NO ONE IS PERFECT NO PROCESS IS PERFCT THE WORLD IS NOT PERFECT...…..but I know what smoke is and what flames look like....

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
All I've ascertained from this thread is that anyone who has ever gone to Phuket for a holiday, is a pedophile, and we must cast accusations towards them, because, you know, that place.

And a court will stand by you.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
All I've ascertained from this thread is that anyone who has ever gone to Phuket for a holiday, is a pedophile, and we must cast accusations towards them, because, you know, that place.

The mere mention of it implicates you. Sorry, gallop. You're no longer to be trusted.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Did you see that slave boy hangin' 'round Miss Lucy earlier? Where there's smoke, there's fire.. I'll go get the rope, you get Jed and the boys, yeeehaww..

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: gallop

The mere mention of it implicates you. Sorry, gallop. You're no longer to be trusted.

Wait, you mean I was ever trusted????

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Proof that money can by you anything.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Thailand - and Phuket in particular - is an exceptional place. I went to Bangkok and Phuket with my family around 10 years ago and was blown away by the beauty of the country and how friendly and positive Thais are. Honestly it’s breathtaking. Many, many westerners have moved there because of those reasons... it is paradise. You simply cannot lump every westerner who lives there as a pedo, that’s insane, there’s a huge expat community in Phuket. Go there, see for yourself and be forever changed by it. Musk has an easily bruised ego and there was no reason whatsoever to ruin a guy’s life who wanted to stop some innocent kids from dying.
edit on 7/12/2019 by firesnake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Did he work for a company that went to free the kids?

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It just shows how if payed enough money, lawyers can get you out of any sticky situation.
I think they should of thrown the book at Musk.
Musk should have been shown that money doesn't let you get away with everything, and calling someone a pedo is one of the worst things to call someone if it was just an "insult" like he claims.
For the members who wrongly think this is a win for free speech, just imagine if someone wrongly told your neighbours you were a rapist or worse a pedo, now imagine that "insult" and where you live/work posted all over the interwebs.
edit on 7-12-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I have a friend who was a professional Muay Thai Fighter, he trained for many years here in Great Britian, he moved to Thailand for a few months living at a training camp to improve his fighting, when he returned, he was 10 times better, but in your opinion people that go to Thailand other than for a holiday are pedos???
edit on 7-12-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

What? That's your reasoning? No smoke without fire? So because Elon says it that means its true. He is the smoke? Are you insane? That is a ridiculous stance to have. How in any right mind can you say that because Elon said it it must be true? If he has evidence that the bloke is a pedo then fine but he doesn't otherwise he would've presented it in court. I usually try to stay respectful in my comments but man you are clearly just saying something for no other reason than to be on the side of Elon. You know he isn't likely to read this right?

Wait...Elon is that you? lol. I'm sorry but your comment (not you) is insane.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Apparently the jury found in Musk's favour because they accepted his statement to them that, "I did not accuse Mr Unsworth of being a pedophile.”

It was just a joke, not to be taken seriously, despite Musk's goading tweets to those who challenged his slur: "You don’t think it’s strange [Unsworth] hasn’t sued me? He was offered free legal services... Did you investigate at all? I’m guessing answer is no. Why?”

Not a good look for American justice - offering no protection against such damaging public defamation. A number of entirely innocent men have been murdered in the UK and elsewhere by vigilantes mistaking them for pedophiles.

The 'no-smoke without fire' mentality of some of the posters to this thread illustrates the seriousness of such slurs.

edit on 7-12-2019 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join