It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a brutal display of irony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

(CNN) Kylie Rae Harris, a rising country star who died in a car wreck in September, was drunk and speeding at the time of the crash that killed her and a teenage driver in New Mexico, police said.

The singer had a blood alcohol level that was more than three times the legal limit and was driving 102 mph when her vehicle collided with two other cars on September 4, the Taos County Sheriff's Office said in a news release, citing an investigation.

Harris was driving while impaired on a highway when her vehicle struck another car, according to the statement. Harris' vehicle then crossed into the oncoming lane of traffic and struck a second car, killing 16-year-old Maria Cruz, police said.

Kylie Rae Harris, country singer, dies in car accident

"The now completed (sic) investigation supports what we suspected at the time of our initial investigation and my earlier press release that stated alcohol consumption was suspected and speeding was a factor," Sheriff Jerry Hogrefe said in a statement.
Toxicology tests done after Harris died confirmed she had a .28 blood alcohol concentration at the time of the crash, which is triple the legal limit for impaired driving, police said.

Police also used data from the car's on-board computers to determine her speed was 102 miles per hour at the time of the first crash and 95 miles per hour when her vehicle collided with Cruz's car.
Harris had released a self-titled EP in March and had been in New Mexico to perform at Michael Hearne's Big Barn Dance Music Festival, according to the concert listings on her official website.

Her next performance was supposed to take place in Turkey, Texas.

Harris, 30, left behind a young daughter, Corbie, for whom she wrote a song featured on her EP called "Twenty Years from Now." She told Billboard after it released that she wrote the song after her father's death and hoped it would be a lasting message to her own child.

"It scared me thinking that it was totally possible I could be gone before my daughter reaches that point," she said. "I want to meet my kid's kids. Getting to the age your parents were when you were a child brings a whole lot of perspective."

She added: "Parents are people. People make mistakes and being a parent is hard. I'm not always going to make the right choices, but I hope that when Corbie gets older she'll see that they were all made with love and the best of intentions."

www.cnn.com...

Corbie has to live with that when she's an adult and dissects her mother's history. Jesus.. that's heavy. I want to say lol but.. oh # it, lol man, wow. To make that statement then die young from a loving decision made with the best of intentions to drive on that much liquor and kill someone plus herself, and it had to be liquor because one does not simply attain a .28 BAC with beer. It takes roughly an hour to metabolize .025 and a beer gives you .025. It spikes if you have the entire drink in a few minutes especially back to back but not that high with beer. Beer is self limiting in this regard except after prolonged drinking.

She had to have been mercilessly downing shots or mixed drinks back to back for some time, then decided it'd be fun to drive 100mph through traffic. That doesn't sound fun at all to me. Perhaps under the influence of Nazi era Pervitin? Anyways, to make such a self damning statement as your legacy in the records of time with your own child as the witness and beneficiary of your death is.. the word escapes me. I suppose that's called a mic drop.
edit on 6-12-2019 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Two people are dead, I feel a lot of what you said was in bad taste.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

Perhaps under the influence of Nazi era Pervitin?

What provoked you to make that statement up with no evidence whatsoever? I believe you pulled it out of your butt.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Wow what a tragic story. And one everyone could meditate upon.

No one should be drinking and driving. You do that you show lack of love, for yourself, and everyone around you. It is immature, immoderate, unethical, illegal, etc.

She made a stupid decision, and paid the price with her life and took another's along with her's. This is horrible. I hope it makes someone stop and ponder about it the next time they think it is okay to get behind the wheel while under the influence. Even if you've done it 100 times before.

DON'T DO IT.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
What a brutal display of insensitivity.

Sure, the girl was really stupid. There is no reason to rag on her though. She payed the ultimate price for her stupidity. It’s also extremely unfortunate she took another’s life with her. She’ll probably have to pay a price for that as well, AKA karma.

Her daughter won’t remember her for the way she died. She’ll remember her for the way she lived.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
What a brutal display of insensitivity.

Sure, the girl was really stupid. There is no reason to rag on her though. She payed the ultimate price for her stupidity. It’s also extremely unfortunate she took another’s life with her. She’ll probably have to pay a price for that as well, AKA karma.

Her daughter won’t remember her for the way she died. She’ll remember her for the way she lived.

I'm pretty sure she's dead, she's not paying any more prices for bad decisions. It's others that are now going to have to suffer for her stupidity. Her loved ones, the loved ones of the innocent person that was taken from them.

No doubt the daughter will have fond memories of her mom. But something like this is not like you can blot it out of your head. She is sure to remember why and how her mom died for the rest of her life.
edit on 6-12-2019 by Eyestosee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I forgot where I was, sorry. I knew I shouldn't have made light of it, said lol, or posted it at all despite being crazy and unfortunately true.

It was throw mud bait. Insensitive, poor taste, people died. To top it off, a CNN reference.

I tried to edit it to delete it but it was too late. I'm sorry everyone, hope you werent too upset. Nevermind that it happened and what was said by the murderer was ironic. Maybe if it were a male liberal instead of a female country singer this would've went over better.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Mistakes were made and the dead cant defend themselves.

So, I guess what is the point of the OP?

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I should've used this because they're critical of her too. Notice I said nothing bad of anyone except the driver and also mentioned how bad this was for her daughter. I never even mentioned the other victim.

Police said Pedro Cruz, a Taos County firefighter/EMT, responded to the scene and found his daughter Maria dead upon arrival.

Court records indicate that Harris had a history of drinking and driving. In June 2017, she was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated after records indicated she had a blood alcohol content level of over 0.15, nearly twice the legal limit. Harris was convicted in October 2017 and was ordered to have an ignition interlock device installed in her car.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The Texas crooner was also cited for speeding in 2014, when she was clocked going 81 in a 60 MPH zone.

www.foxnews.com...

"Hating on a reckless drunk who kills someone and herself isn't meant to disparage her daughter it's meant to make her into useful example for others NOT to follow. Most people are adverse to being hated.

If anything all the tolerance over awful behavior of people is counterproductive."

I shouldn't reply again to defend what I said and how I worded it, trying to point out something insidiously ugly yet completely prophetic in a way I've never seen at least, not sure about you. I don't read stuff like that well.. ever. Not someone making such a statement and then fulfilling it.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

It's chilling because in our own ways, we are all walking contradictions. In the strictest sense I agree with you: the irony is brutal. I feel sad for the child and the EMT father.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Well, here's something else about this whole story...if it wasn't already tragic enough.

This entire story, the entire drama, is a pretty close metaphor for society today. Here's why...

If you've been following this story (I have), you probably noticed every single MSM coverage of the event starts essentially as follows:

"Rising young Country star killed..."

That's what's wrong with society today! Every single one of those headlines should really read:

"Aspiring young teen killed by raging drunk and wanna' be 'star' nobody ever heard of"

And the fact that the headlines don't read this way is a statement about just how F#'d up our societal values (and the MSM) are today!

Period.

ETA - I could easily picture this same headline in the not too distant future with the words..."Rising young Instagram influencer killed.... When the real story was some drunk stupid chick trying to be an instagram star ran into a schoolbus full of kids, killing several of them, while she was trying to take a "selfie" in her rented Lambo!!
edit on 12/7/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

join