It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter in Pensecola FL AFB - Breaking Now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
They are currently reporting up to 10 and the shooter is reported as done at this time.

Link

The active shooter at NAS Pensacola has been confirmed dead.

ECSO spokeswoman Amber Southard confirmed the shooter was dead just before 8 a.m. Friday.

Baptist Hospital spokeswoman Kathy Bowers confirmed the hospital has accepted five patients related to the active shooting.

I hope this does not turn out as bad as it seems. Please update as needed with new information.

edit on Decam31amf0000002019-12-06T08:17:09-06:000809 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Update

Two of the victims injured in Friday morning's shooting were injured critically, according to a base spokesman.

One additional person sustained non-critical injuries.

Two victims were killed, in addition to the shooter, the spokesman confirmed.

The navy base is going to be shut down all day.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Maybe they should use a dart gun the next time, if they want to know the truth.

Military bases are becoming regular targets of these kind of attacks. I think there is more going on than meets the eye and what they are releasing to the public.

Maybe it is something that we should not know, but if that is the case, they need to stop making it breaking news for days.

Americans have very short memories. Keep it local, keep it off the wire, and we will be on to the next story.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
#ArmTheCitizens

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
obvious FF's are obvious

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This may sound ironic, but military bases are some of the largest "gun free zones". Other than Base Security and some people guarding secure areas no one else is armed. When I lived on Base I wasn't allowed to have a weapon of even to carry concealed. If I owned a weapon I had to check it into the Base Armory and get permission to check it out if I wanted to go shooting.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

This was really brought to the forefront after Ft Hood also. Both times there were shootings there in recent years.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Yeah. I'm waiting for more information. I have some friends who work at NAS Pensacola. That was a nice place when I went to Aircrew School there in the early 80's.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Fox is reporting that the shooter was an aviation student from Saudi Arabia. They're investigating whether it is terror-related.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Fox is reporting that the shooter was an aviation student from Saudi Arabia. They're investigating whether it is terror-related.
www.foxnews.com...

Did he skip the take-off and landing lessons?

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
Did he skip the take-off and landing lessons?

He was practicing having a connecting flight with the Willis Tower.

ETA: In retrospect that joke was in really bad humor, I shouldn't goof on the Saudis since they're our allies and they would never do something like that.

edit on 6-12-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because a sasquatch stole it

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

ETA: In retrospect that joke was in really bad humor, I shouldn't goof on the Saudis since they're our allies and they would never do something like that.

Poor taste indeed Augy.

Before you rip on the Saudis, try thinking about everything they do for us as one of our closest allies.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499
What for? you can always go out and buy another one.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The shooter -- who was wielding a handgun, despite firearms not being allowed on base -- was confronted and taken out by a pair of responding officers, officials say. Two people were killed at the scene while a third victim died after being rushed to a local hospital. Seven others suffered injuries and are undergoing treatment, including the two officers, one of whom was shot in the arm and the other in the knee. Both are expected to survive.

The government of Saudi Arabia needs to make things better for these victims," Gov. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., who says he has spoken to President Trump about the shooting, told reporters during a press conference Friday afternoon. "They are going to owe a debt here given that this is one of their individuals.”

Enter CAIR apologists.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

From what I read a commissioned officer in SA? So not just a student but an enlisted soldier? This should be interesting how it pans out since this is not some radicalized local.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

“We can safely call this an act of terrorism, not an act of workplace violence,” he told WEAR television.

The member of the Saudi Air Force killed three people at Naval Air Station Pensacola before he was shot dead by officers responding to the scene, the authorities said.

www.nytimes.com...

All I can say is.

They better not buy their way out of this.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Before you rip on the Saudis, try thinking about everything they do for us as one of our closest allies.

Okay, let's see...
  • They hate the Jews - which is good
  • They hate the Shia - which is good
  • They hate women's rights - which is good
  • They hate the gays - which is good
  • They hate us - which is good

Yeah, I'm at a loss here.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They hate women's rights - which is good
They hate the gays - which is good

Listen dude, you don't have to impress progressives....

They hate all rights in general.

What are you, single again or something? lol, I kid, I kid.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Naval Air Base. Not Air Force.
My brother was stationed there in the seventies.
I visited him there.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
This may sound ironic, but military bases are some of the largest "gun free zones". Other than Base Security and some people guarding secure areas no one else is armed. When I lived on Base I wasn't allowed to have a weapon of even to carry concealed. If I owned a weapon I had to check it into the Base Armory and get permission to check it out if I wanted to go shooting.

If you live off base you can have all the guns you want....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join