It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schiff’s release of phone records is absolutely outrageous

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Congress’ power to issue subpoenas, while broad, is not unlimited. The high court has said Congress is not a law enforcement agency, and cannot investigate someone purely to expose wrongdoing or damaging information about them for political gain. A subpoena must potentially further some “legitimate legislative purpose,” the court has said.

Schiff ABUSED the power of his office.

Because that is clearly what he did to Guliani,Nunes,Solomon.

If Schiff abused his office Republicans should file an ethics complaint rather than just whine about it.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Tell Paul.

Since I'm not elected to office.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Schiff reminds me of that guy that beats his wife because dinner wasn't hot enough, but then goes off on a public tirade due to his neighbor spanking their kid. The stupidest part about what he did was having everyone meet in the SCIF and showing them the phone numbers that are being looked into, then having Devin Nunes read his numbers as one of the numbers being looked into.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

If they did it would just get pushed aside, just like the ethics complaint about Schiff lying to congress about the Phone logs from the President.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
So a question to the left on this site. Is this the new standard you want for our country? Random politicians calling up cell providers and obtaining your personal records without one day in court?

Yes. If a Democrat violates any laws or their oath to the Constitution I expect Republicans not to be so incompetent but to nail the Democrat arse and put them in jail by any legally obtained evidence.

For years we've heard how corrupt Hillary is but nothing ever happens. It's time for Republicans to put up or shut up! Indict the left wing mother effers already and stop being so effing incompetent!

Quoting for future reference.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

a reply to: lostbook

False, Biden hadn’t even announced his candidacy yet.

The call in question happened April 21st and Biden announced his candidacy on April 25th.

Remember that statement Bleeding eye Joe made at the county fair: He didn't have a choice but to run. Seems to me that he knew that if he was going to get caught he was just going to hide behind him running for office.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

But if they do the media will scream they are obstructing the process.

Watch ANY of the hearings. The Non-RINO's are all but silenced and then picked apart via Twitter and MSM news before the end of the day.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

We have a winner. Who else is Joe tied to??? Everyone...

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Yes, of course.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

The big difference for me is that Trump went to a foreign government to get at a political opponent. Not saying it's ok for either side to do it but going to a foreign government is a big no-no. It's even written in the Constitution.

Please quote for me in the Constitution where it says that if an American citizen commits a crime in a foreign country we have a treaty with for Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters that asking for an investigation into it is itself a crime.

Thanks in advance...

"The U.S. Constitution says And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State." Obviously, the founders were concerned about acting officials of the US government being influenced by foreign powers. The situation with the Clinton Foundation receiving donations from Saudi Arabia and Qatar when Mrs. Clinton was SOS, comes to mind. There is no mention of influencing elections, but it is reasonable to conclude that the above could be extended to elections as well."

I get what you are saying, governments work with other Governments on issues all the time, however, in this case it was Trump using a foreign Government to help himself.
edit on 6-12-2019 by lostbook because: word edit

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Again, that is incorrect. The call happened April 21st and Biden announced his candidacy on the 25th.

You guys can keep repeating the left wing propaganda, but the facts won’t change.
edit on 6-12-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: Typo

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The individuals conspired to “make and conceal conduit and excessive campaign contributions” valued around $3.5 million in the 2016 election campaign and beyond, according to the announcement. Although the indictment does not specifically name the recipient of the donations, it is clear that the contributions went to groups allied with Clinton’s presidential campaign.

Clinton is as 'pure' as the undriven snow.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If it wasn’t for double standards, they wouldn’t have standards at all.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I think you may be missing the point that the FEC has already determined that information is not considered a thing of value.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Again, that is incorrect. The call happened April 21st and Biden announced his candidacy on the 25th.

You guys can keep repeating the left wing propaganda, but the facts won’t change.

I was responding to another poster. I'm not saying Biden is innocent... "Both sides are corrupt" as used to be said around here on ATS. Anyways, my response was about Schiff. What i'm saying is that the only difference between what Schiff did and what Trump did is that Trump went to a foreign government for help fighting his own personal political adversaries whereas Schiff didn't. Schiff used US companies for his dirt. Not saying that it's right for either side to do but it is what it is. This is a no win situation whichever side you choose.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I think you may be missing the point that the FEC has already determined that information is not considered a thing of value.

Not a thing of value? As in doesn't comply in this circumstance...?

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Not to take sides in US politics, but just my feeling that Schiff looks somehow mind-controlled and creepy.

OK, we can all look a bit under the weather at times, but I've seen jolly drunks that I would trust more.

Or Pelosi - or is that just too much Botox?

Is it just me, or is the whole vibe about the far-Left starting to seem somehow bizarre and robotic?

It's like an aura that there is something wrong with these people, like a new cult or something.

Or that Eric Swalwell dude farting on live TV.
Dude, I know it's our male birth right and all in certain spaces - but "thundering typhoons", as Captain Haddock might say!
That was a bit much.

Something's a bit not normal there.
edit on 6-12-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
A fart.

Is how I would describe Schiffs and his party's impeachment.

It's clearly rank, and we've all had to take a big whiff of it.

And it sure doesn't smell like Roses like Schiff and Pelosi think it does.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's like a "Stepford Scoialist" malfunction or something.

Truly spooky.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: neo96

Congress’ power to issue subpoenas, while broad, is not unlimited. The high court has said Congress is not a law enforcement agency, and cannot investigate someone purely to expose wrongdoing or damaging information about them for political gain. A subpoena must potentially further some “legitimate legislative purpose,” the court has said.

Schiff ABUSED the power of his office.

Because that is clearly what he did to Guliani,Nunes,Solomon.

If Schiff abused his office Republicans should file an ethics complaint rather than just whine about it.

Hells Yea! And why not file a motion to censure Schiff for that phone call thing he lied about.......Oh wait, we did that, but since the house is controlled by assholes, it was tabled. Oh well, you sure sound smart at least.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join